Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Today's friendly

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Mom of match was jack Morrison . Well
Deserved IMO

He's the type of forward we were sadly lacking last year. He runs the ball with an intent to just knock the person in front of him over. He's not afraid to rough the opposition up either. Although he got sin binned, he did play quite a lot of minutes for someone his size. Very promising IMO.

#22 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

good match today, all played with 100% effort , both sides. as for man in middle for gods sake retire. you are passed your sell by date mate. the game deserves more. . I pay my money and you are defo not up to standard of the modern game. give some young aspiring ref a go at champ level and we might be able to stop moaning about refs performances. it was a good first game today and I thought the tackling was blob on. roll on next week.

#23 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Next match is 2 weeks isn't it.

Posted Image

#24 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Aye Oldham at home then Barla the week after isn't it?

#25 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

No game next week then 2 in a row .

#26 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,686 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

Get yourself up to Workington next Sunday Michael for Town versus Wigan in the Paul Prescott Testimonial match, with Wigan putting out their first team squad as their Under 20's are at Skolars on Friday.   Haha.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#27 casablanca

casablanca
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

Just an observation - but how is it that you guys only seem to play pre season matches at home..?

#28 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

Just an observation - but how is it that you guys only seem to play pre season matches at home..?

dunno mate teams seem willing to come here probably due to bigger crowd and more of a 50/50 cut of the gate money ?

949 yesterday ... if we had gone to Keighley it wouldve been half that ???? It'll be the same with Oldham and probably most other clubs  ?????

Obviously GB BARLA have to come to Craven Park !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#29 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

Might also have something to do with us being by the sea: Less chance of the fixture being called off due to frost, which suits both teams in terms of having a viable pre-season run-out.

#30 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

Nope you are all wrong, teams like to come to Barrow to see the Seagulls :tongue:

Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#31 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

Thanks for that. I've wondered why we are always at Home.

Now I know-Big Crowds-No Frost-Loads of Seagulls.  LOL

Posted Image

#32 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

dont forget the great hospitality of us Furnessmen as well ;)

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#33 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

And the meat and potato pies
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#34 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 423 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

After watching the highlights it has confirmed what I thought at the time about the late hit on Liam Campbell, it was a blatant cheap shot elbow to the head. The Keighley player ( James Feather I believe ) deserves a lengthy ban for it, the game is hard enough without them cowardly cheap shots.

#35 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

If it is James Feather their is some interesting stuff on Keighley News. It is his testimonial year and a boxing event has been organised. Perhaps he was practising. LOL

Posted Image

#36 robmac

robmac
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

James Feather He got 1 match for the late elbow on Cammy what a joke 

#37 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

James Feather He got 1 match for the late elbow on Cammy what a joke

1 game for an off the ball potential career ending attack seems pretty reasonable in my opinion...

Edited by RSN, 30 January 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#38 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 423 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

I do wonder how the RFL come up with these pathetic punishments at times. So they are saying you can attack someone's head off the ball with an elbow and only receive a one match ban, what a joke! They are setting a pretty dangerous precedent with that one.

#39 southsider

southsider
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

Ah but it wasnt an elbow according the RFL, it was a "shoulder charge."  They must be as blind as our favourite referee.

#40 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Well said Kevin

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users