Fev at home

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:36 AM

Rumour has it that Premier Sports are doing Monday nights and were the first up.Please dont shoot the messenger.

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:07 AM

Hope its not true, but knowing our luck it will be true, our gate will be reduced by about 600/800, Premier Sports know they will get a good entertaining game, but at the club's loss.

#3 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

It was obvious we were going to be first game up on tv after last seasons cracker with fev at home they could not but anyone else could they ?
It will be a cracking game

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

Unfortunately Sky are putting the screws on PS (despite saying that they aren't serious competition) by screening SL on Thursday nights so PS have had to find an alternative night to screen our games. Whilst this doesn't help the clubs involved in each game I understand that the clubs are sympathetic to PS's plight and would still rather have TV exposure in this way than none at all.

Don't blame PS, and our luck is no worse than any other clubs AR, unless you choose to believe that "they're all against us".

:threaten:

Edited by Blind side johnny, 20 January 2014 - 12:05 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

The best site that I know of for RL on TV schedules is this one: http://www.rugbyleagueontv.co.uk/

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

But then sky will move the Thursday night game to Monday once the premier league finishes?

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

Why can't premier just show ours Sunday afternoon, and change nothing?

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

Why can't premier just show ours Sunday afternoon, and change nothing?

I guess that they have other programmes already scheduled for Sunday afternoons.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

When does the PS deal finish? With the new structure in 2015 does that mean a poss move back to sky for championship either then or in 2016.

Anyone know?
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#10 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

When does the PS deal finish? With the new structure in 2015 does that mean a poss move back to sky for championship either then or in 2016.

Anyone know?

Think the deal for the championship ends with Premier Sports at the end if the 2014 season.Got no idea what will happen in 2015 with the tv deal.Think Sky has Super league until 2016, got a feeling BT Sports might make a bid for the rights to it after that.

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

Anyone know?

Sky ditched the Championship and stated that they had no future interest in it. there is also news coming out of the RFL that there will be competitive bids for all of British RL from the end of their current contract which runs to the end of 2016.

I don't really understand the negativity regarding Premier Sports. I thought that they did a great job of the RLWC with a lively approach and excellent commentators. I am only now catching up with their programming from last season's Championship and that was a refreshing change from Sky's. In fact I have now ditched Sky Sports which means a considerable saving, losing out on SL and gaining the NRL and SoO. I regard that as a great bargain.

:dancer:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

B.T seems to be the new big player.

#13 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

Premier sports are a lot better

#14 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

Sky ditched the Championship and stated that they had no future interest in it. there is also news coming out of the RFL that there will be competitive bids for all of British RL from the end of their current contract which runs to the end of 2016.

I don't really understand the negativity regarding Premier Sports. I thought that they did a great job of the RLWC with a lively approach and excellent commentators. I am only now catching up with their programming from last season's Championship and that was a refreshing change from Sky's. In fact I have now ditched Sky Sports which means a considerable saving, losing out on SL and gaining the NRL and SoO. I regard that as a great bargain.

' :dancer:

Sky sports are pretty poor these days - not only have they axed the championship, but they have lost the big - ahem - rugby union matches too. Superleague is crp, I don't watch football at all (apart from the internationals), and snowboarding, golf, tennis, bog snorkelling and international knur and spell don't float my boat - which just leaves my beloved cricket - and I'm losing interest in that at the moment.

seems to me most of my sky sports subscription is lining the pockets of the premiership, which to be honest sticks in my craw. Problem for me though, is that my broadband and phone services are with sky, and I do watch some of their drama programs and documentaries, so I am loathe to make the break. I might ditch sky sports, but given the parcel passing game that seems to be the lot of RL with regard to broadcasting, I can't be bothered to change provider.

Edited by grumpyoldram, 21 January 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#15 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

from Fev official site...
The club has received a number of phone calls today regarding our fixture at Dewsbury Rams on Sunday 16th February and the possibility of the fixture being changed for TV coverage. The club has not been notified of any amendment by The RFL. As always, we will communicate any fixture amendments through the usual channels as soon as we are informed.

#16 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

Lets hope it stays put mate if it gets picked hope they decide soon so we can get holiday form in.

#17 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

Monday night been told its on premier site.

#18 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

I ain't seen anything on premier site about it been on

#19 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

Apparently Premier Sports have said that the first tranche of televised games will be announced next week together with the days on which they will be played. At the moment options seem to be split between Mondays and Tuesdays.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#20 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

Mondays would be the best option if they can't do it on a weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users