28 replies to this topic

#21 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

Better not be Tuesday's

Me and Piggys Mate go flamenco dancing

He would be so disappointed to have got his bright orange dress on and spray tanned up... All for nowt

;)

#22 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

I guess that they have other programmes already scheduled for Sunday afternoons.

But not Monday..or Tuesday nights? Or are we merely a 'filler' for them?

And it's not as if they haven't known for months that Sky were going to be showing games on Thursdays.

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

But not Monday..or Tuesday nights? Or are we merely a 'filler' for them?

And it's not as if they haven't known for months that Sky were going to be showing games on Thursdays.

They say that they have been consulting with stakeholders during this period.

Let's get this straight though - Sky are being the dog-in-the-manger here; Premier would have much preferred to continue with Thursday games but Sky have decided that they want to broadcast soccer on nights when they previously featured SL, so chose to switch to Thursdays ti spite the Premier broadcasts. This is Sky who unceremoniously dumped Championship RL remember, so lets' cut Premier a bit of slack here can't we? After all the alternative is to have no Championship RL on the TV at all.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

So where's the Thursday night RL games going to move too if sky put soccer on instead??

Can't see what premier didn't have Thursday's and sky had Friday's Saturday, Sundays , Mondays

We know sky are greed barstewards

Super league Thursday night is stupid and super league Monday night's is stupid

Premier choosing between Monday or Tuesday?? What's that c.rap all about
Our players are part time and will have been working... I'm sure they will me impressed.

#25 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

I personally don't want us to be on tv v fev! Lost a good 500 off the crowd last season playing on a Sunday night . Our club get no money for it been on premier so to lose gate money on top of this seems not right. Be better playing Sunday afternoons if you ask me and not changing a thing if they want to show it on premier

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 24 January 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#26 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

I personally don't want us to be on tv v fev! Lost a good 500 off the crowd last season playing on a Sunday night . Our club get no money for it been on premier so to lose gate money on top of this seems not right. Be better playing Sunday afternoons if you ask me and not changing a thing if they want to show it on premier

Elsewhere people have discussed how to increase attendances in general and one obvious way is to increase awareness of the game at all levels, including Championship. If we were to say we don't want to be on TV except on our terms then that would mean not being on TV at all.

That is the stark choice, which would you choose?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#27 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

True. Hopefully wel have some sort of financial reward from the broadcaster when the next deal is announced in future

#28 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

Dos'nt look like it's going to be televised now,heard premiere sport have pulled plug in showing games next season,apparently they are not happy with sky getting exclusive rights from 2015

#29 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

I'm glad it won't be shown live it would of been on a Monday night and would of took 500 of our gate plus we don't get money from premier sports for the inconvinice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users