Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TotalRL NRL SUPER COACH Fantasy League 2014 - FINAL Points Total + Head2Head Results + Awards

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

You've probably got more trades left than most so you do have room to manoeuvre if you can get on to the internet.

Sounds like an interesting journey (holiday?)

Have a good time. 

Have i mentioned the round kicks off on Thursday this week?  :download:

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#122 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

Holidays mate and know a few people in Bavaria as lived there for many years so catching up. Dont mind doing a long Road trip and going through the Alps on the Autobahn is pretty good. We often do the 7-8 hr trip down to Munich and Bad Reichenhall. Never driven in Slovenia and Croatia so shall be interesting. Least no Road Trains to overtake like last year in Australia, when we drove from Gold Coast to Cairns!

#123 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

Keep us informed!  :good:

#124 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

Leave Friday after work. Sam Kasiano ruled out for the season. Hurrell is named this week though as is Segeyaro but ist not 100% that either will Play though Segeyaro has said all is well though could be a risk if he Plays and he goes down again. . Fuifui MoiMoi has walked out on Parramatta after being dropped for potentially his last ever home game !! Full of Drama at the Moment with Injuries, suspensions and now Players Walking out!

#125 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

Shame about MoiMoi you'd have thought given the situation he would have been woven into the last home game he'd play even if he wasn't in the team that day.

Some kind of presentation or so?

Instead he's demoted to a feeder club game.

Insensitive handling Eels.

#126 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

Ouch ... Jesse Bromwich isn't playing.

His partner has just had a baby so he didn't travel to play in this weekend's game vs Panthers.

Congratulations Jesse and partner.

... Just let me know in advance in the future please ...   :tommy:

#127 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

Straight away this week here's the Total Points ladder with just two more rounds to go:

SCoachPointsAfterR24201490pc_zps110dd983

Not a bad week considering the lateness in the season and the likelihood of trades being exhausted for plenty of people.

Ten of us again scored more than a thousand points.

Currently half our teams have averaged over 900 points per round in the season

while just three teams run by Andrew, Tim and Graham have topped the 1000 points average per round.

Excitement mounts in the H2H Play-offs.

That was Week 2, a muck or nettles round for all concerned.

The winners moved forward to the semi final. Now there's just four teams left in the League Finals and Minor Premiership comps.

All four teams in the League Finals scored over 1000 points. I lost out to Andrew's Sik's Savages with my Melbourne Rovers team.

The other game was a close run thing with Norm's Invicibles edging out Si's Muenchen Storm by just 28 points.

Well done Andrew who now  moves on to meet Warrick's Danger Mo... team and Norm who will come up against

Tim's Barrow Bunnies.

2014FinalsDrawAfterR2490pc_zps28f84217.j

Steph and Jack had comfortable win in the Minor Premiership games this week. They'll face stiff opposition this week when

they meet Gav's Holker Pioneers and Nate's Rookies.

So the Points Total Competition continues.

Enjoy the last couple of weeks.

Let's hope there's no more last minute drop outs or injury worries.

All the best

Graham

#128 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:20 AM

Just one more week left in our competition.
Our R25 results were probably our best set of the season overall yet.
13 of us got 1,000 points or more with a lot gaining way over the thousand mark too.
Steph was over the 1000 mark when I looked yesterday but sadly the dreaded revisions took place and Steph's score just dipped to 997.
Hard luck there. All bar two scored above their season's average round score.
I can't see why Warrick and David's averages are quoted as below 1000 per round when they've totalled over 25,000 points in 25 rounds can you?

SCoachPointsAfterR25201490pc_zps97e20b2c

So, now we know our H2H Finalists in our League Final and our Minor Premier Final.
After some tough scrapes these last two or three weeks our finalists are now known:
facing our regular season points leader Andrew and his Sika's Savages is second top points scorer Tim and his Barrow Bunnies.
Norm and Warrick came so close to a Grand Final place!

2014FinalsDrawR25_zps6519214f.jpg

It's Gav and Nate who face off in the Minor Premiership. Close but no coconut to Jack and Steph who bow out at the semi final stage.

So then with a great week under our belts we enter the fray for the last time this season.
Good luck to everyone.
The results will be posted next week at this time so look out for them and let's look forward to doing battle again next season.

I'm guessing there's few or no trades left.
So for a lot of us it may be a case of shuffling the pack where necessary if injuries or other problems have beset you.
We'll meet again here next week. First one get the drinks in!
Cheers,
Graham B)

Edited by G Las D, 02 September 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#129 DaveGC

DaveGC
  • Players
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for all the work you put in over the season Graham much appreciated  .... good luck to the finalists ....hope to see you next season

#130 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:10 PM

OK finally back after 3000km trip to Croatia via Austria and Slovenia from Northern Germany-what a great trip! Anyway back to the Comp. First of all thanks Graham for your hard work and updates. Very much appreciated from myself and no doubt the rest. Personally was looking very good then Jesse Bromwich pulled out and my Dreams went with that as narrowly lost. Still such is the drama of the comp that anything can happen. Well done to our 4 finalists and wish you all the best over the weekend. 

#131 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:37 AM

Glad you had a good trip LRL.

Cheers,

Graham

Edited by G Las D, 06 September 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#132 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:13 PM

Well the TotalRL SuperCoach Season 2014 is over.

Our Points Total Competition is complete after 26 rounds of a pretty unpredictable season.

I put this table here as it appears on the official Super Coach site.

I do question the averages though.

If a team has scored a total in excess of 26,000 over a 26 week season then in my book that means they have an average in excess of 1000.

So I have added the short green line in the ladder to indicate that I believe the teams above that line have averaged over 1000 points a week for the 2014 NRL Super Coach season.

This would mean that as well as Andrew, Tim and Graham,  Warrick and David should, in my opinion, be included in that group.

If I'm wrong I'm sure one of you will correct me.

SCoachPointsAfterR26201490pc2_zps3762fb4

Our TotalRLSCLeague14 Points Champion is Andrew and his Sika's Savages with an admirable total of 28,896 points.

Runner up was Tim and his Barrow Bunnies. Third place goes to Graham and his Melbourne Rovers.

Thank you to all 20 people who took part in our competition.

We will be running a Super Coach competition from this TotalRL Forum next season so everyone is invited to meet up again here

for a rematch then.

Everyone will want to know how the coveted Head to Head tournament went.

The finals series both Top 8 and 9 to 16 had their fair share of hard luck stories between Round 23 and 26 the period during which the Finals Series ran.

All the same two worthy teams met in both finals.

In the biggie, our Top 8 Premiership Final it was fittingly a battle between the two of the season's top point scorers Andrew and Tim.

Here's how the result turned out in the battle of the titans:

2014FinalH2HR26_zpsaaaaf058.jpg

So it was Tim who took the Premiership Title. His Barrow Bunnies beat Andrew's Sika's Savages by a slim but important margin of just 37 points.

Well done Tim, hard luck Andrew.

I won't recap the finals series as the diagram above says it all.

It also tells us that in the 9 to 16 Play-Offs it was Nate and his The Rookie team who in the final anaysis beat a fast finishing Gav and his Holker Pioneers RL by 149 points

in the H2H Minor Premiership Final

So in conclusion, thanks again to everyone who took part.

NRL 2014 will be a fresh Super Coach challenge to us.

It would be great to have you all with us again with a fresh start for that competition.

All the best,

Graham  B)

#133 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

SCLEAGUE14

END OF SEASON 2014

AWARDS

*** SCPointTotalChamp2014_zpsa7e8cb93.gif *** SCH2HPremiers2014_zps9cf9fa2c.gif ***

********  SCH2HMinorPrem201490pc_zpsd2d4c0f4.gif  ********

Congratulations

Well done to our four Head2Head Finalists and to everyone who wouldn't let

NRL Season 2014 get the upper hand, however unpredictable it became!

Hope to see you all here again in 2015

Edited by G Las D, 08 September 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#134 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:14 PM

Maybe they only average out the scores in the Head2Head rounds???

I wouldn't have thought so though ...

#135 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

Just for fun I've set myself a SuperCoach team for the Finals

I've picked myself a 13 man team for Finals Week 1.

It's the first time I've had a go at this.

Go Melbourne Rovers!

Anyone fancy joining me in the next couple of days I've set up a league:

TOTALRLFINALS 2014 (852705)

While I'm happy to toddle along on my own I think it would be a bit better if you decided to join me.

If you've already been in the 2014 Super Coach 2014 League on this forum it's easy to join via a tab on your regular season team page.

It'd be great to have you along.

Cheers,

Graham

Edited by G Las D, 10 September 2014 - 09:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users