Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TotalRL NRL SUPER COACH Fantasy League 2014 - *** R23 Results/Ladders Comments - Updates posted Tuesdays ***

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#61 JimBronco

JimBronco
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

I'm not sure what the weekly points average is/what's a weekly poor score/good score, but it says projected 762/points 925.

This is my first season doing SuperCoach. Do all my players (starters + bench) score me points, or just 17 players?

5262438-3x2-700x467.jpg

#62 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

Just the 17  score you points 13 plius your four nominated interchange players.

You only can only potentially bring 40 players into your squad over the whole season,

so it's best not to get too carried away doing so early on.

The tricky times are around Origin when top  selected players are rested/withdrawn from their teams.

You're limited to how many you can swap in and out of your squad each week.

You can of course swap as many in and out of your scoring seventeen from within your full squad.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#63 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

It'll take a while for the team scores to be posted and finalised on the Super Coach site, so I'll be posting our R1 table on here most likely Tuesday or before if possible.

#64 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

So the 2014 season is underway. Our league has started with 16 teams.

Everyone taking part is welcome and encouraged to say something on here.

Your views, advice, questions and general remarks may just be of help to someone and keep our spirits up and the competition healthy.

Here then is how our league has shaped up. You are still welcome to join if you are reading this having only just found us.

The sooner you join the better.

Don't hesitate too long though there are just four vacancies left.

SuperCoachLeague201408_zpsf54d6034.jpg

#65 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,410 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Not too bad a start but the bad news for me is Nathan Peak has been stood down for a week. No doubt a number of people have him in the side. Others that will miss some rounds are Sonny Bill Williams (3 match ban!). Paul Gallen looks likely to be missing a good month, if not more with injury. Darius Boyd (Hamstring) is expected to miss weeks as is Brent Stewart. Michael Witt dislocated his shoulder. Andrew Fifita also looking at a ban for a shoulder charge

#66 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

That's bad news as Nathan Peats was spotted by a lot of people including me as being really good value. SBW will be a lot of people's choice for high spending likewise many will have lashed out a lot of money for Gallen and Fifita.

Folk with Gallen in particular will have cringed when they saw him injured like that . They had immediate loss of points as he missed a fair bit of that match and then could miss a lot of games.

I guess of them many will just get rid of him. 3 games for SBW could also cause many to cash him in.

At least the first game this week is not until Friday so we have a day longer to consider our options.

#67 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

Well after a loooooong pre-season and lots of mulling over our options time we're suddenly out of the traps and running.

Our last four spots are now taken. Welcome then to those four teams. Not sure if you chose to be with us or were allocated. Either way we're glad to have you along for the season.

The league tables both for Total Points and, when it starts, Head to Head will be shown on here as they are updated every week throughout the NRL 2014 season.

Here's the place then for comments, questions, suggestions and general chat about all things NRL Super Coach 2014.

SCoachPointsAfterR012014_zps54e94112.jpg

Andrew and his Sika's Savages have got off to a cracking start with our top score of the week 1222.

Hot on his heels from the start are Jack, Steph, David, Warrick, Si and Graham all topping the 1000 points mark.

There's a l of folk bunched in the middle with 900/800+ points.

It's very early days and all of us are faced with challenges for Round 2 with some key or good value players injured, banned or doubtful at this stage for the next round or few rounds.

Kick off for Round 2 is Friday so we have until then to make any changes we might want or need to make.

If only we had unlimited changes on a weekly and season basis.

Ah but we don't and that's the skill anyway: managing our limited resources and options.

This week we have up two players to trade in if we want to.

For newcomers to this game remember that overall we have just 40 trades over the course of the 26 rounds of the NRL and SC season

So what are you Super Coach problems after Round 1?

Who are you going to want to/ have to trade or juggle?

What's you thoughts on Round 1 and the road ahead?

Edited by G Las D, 11 March 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#68 Stoney100

Stoney100
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Only Trade I did was get rid of Luke Brooks and replace him with Cooper Cronk - think I got carried away with the Hype of the New Super kid - looked like a fish out of water against the Dragons so replace him with proven world class player.

Come to think of it only 1 match last year did well against a pretty poor Dragons team has to be said.

Think he may struggle this year as I think the Tigers are going to be the whipping boys this year and when Robbie Farah goes to play Origin god help them - sorry to all Tigers fans :-))

#69 DaveGC

DaveGC
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

is it me or is anyone else having trouble making trades

#70 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

I haven't tried today but it seemed OK yesterday.

I'm currently using the two week Gold trial. I had it last year and paid for it. It isn't the ultimate add-on but I thought it was OK and would have done it again without thinking.

They seem to have put the price of it up though so I'm using the trial to remind myself whether it's worth it or not.

#71 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,410 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

Well what a poor round and will be lucky to get 800 points this week! Some decisions to be made as to whether to swap and bring in a player who is going well before his price goes up after rd 3. 

#72 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

That performance by Eels was a real let down not only for their fans but also for any of us with what we thought were Eels value players - Hayne, Hopoate etc

#73 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

Was it just me or was that a tough round for us Super Coaches?

What with suspensions, injuries and just two trades available that proved to be one headache of a round.

Let's see what effect Round 2 results have had on our all important ladder:

SCoachPointsAfterR022014_zps9624f662.jpg

Credit where it's due then.

Congratulations to Gav and his Holker Pioneers RL (1032), the only one of us to score 1000+ points in the round. Tell us your secret Gav, either that or bottle it and sell us some!

Anyone getting 900+ in that round did really well and deserves to be mentioned in dispatches:

Next highest score of the week was David with his Dave's Dynamos (992) that's almost an honorary 1000 pointer!

Close on his heels was Jack and his Rabbit 2014 Premiers (972).

Then came:

James and his SmashnGrab (964), Norm and Norm's Invincibles (944), Nate  and The Rookie (927) and David and Thatcham Rabbitohs (915)

So with Round 3 on the near horizon some of us will have to lick our wounds and plan and hope for better things

As always hints and tips will be welcome on here.

You got a suggestion or ploy that's worth sharing then fire away.

The more the better.

Prices of players will start varying after this coming round.

Good Luck in R3 everyone.

#74 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,410 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

Decisions decisions! Keep or get rid of Shaun Johnson who has been a waste so far? I also have Jharal Yow Yeh as a squad player because I thought he would get fit and be a good buy later in the season and only cost 118K! That blew up in my face with his retirement. Do I get rid and bring in somebody like Copley or Arona? 

#75 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

That Copley is getting recommendations.

What a shame for Jow Yeh. I had him in my preliminary team but had swapped him out before Round 1, I'm now pleased to say.

As for Shaun Johnson -

I haven't got Shaun Johnson but if I had I'd be tempted to keep him. He's a superb player and he got me plenty of points last season when I did have him in my team  for a long stint.

Still you do what you think best.

Warriors are away at Cowboys this week so Johnson's team will be up against it ....

#76 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

“Two trades are essential this week. Use them to introduce cash-producing cheapies only. Avoid panic sideways trades, like trading out proven players such as Issac Luke and Shaun Johnson for last week’s high scorers.”

#77 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,410 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

Inglis playing omnly 5 minutes was a blow for some people. No doubt some would have had him as Captain as well. Looks like a few more big names could be missing a round or two for various reasons. 

#78 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

There's so many fancied players getting injured, suspended or even dropped!

#79 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

As usual I'll wait until points and positions are finalised before posting them on here - it usually takes best part of a day.

#80 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

The Head to Head comp starts in Round 4 and the draw has been made:

Head2HeadR42014_zps2e00f25a.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users