gone to Swinton

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Menzies has signed for Swinton allegedly. Wasn't he signed by us and if so, do we get a transfer fee?

By the way I had to sign in 4 times to make this topic including logging out and back in, what's up with the f***££(*& thing?

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#2 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Menzies is or was on trail at Widnes

#3 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

yes he was.....so one would assume that Widnes probably found out what many already knew....

#4 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

Go on then what does one think of Luke??
For your information Luke did really well at widnes and made a really good impression and was in fact offered a deal with widnes.

Luke was unable to accept the deal as it wasn't enough for him to leave his day job and go full time.

#5 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

i think he is a good championship player......and im sure my views are shared by many based on the last few seasons. i doubt that even his closest friends or family would say he has 'stood out' in the championships.......

#6 Duck Egg

Duck Egg
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

Go on then what does one think of Luke??
For your information Luke did really well at widnes and made a really good impression and was in fact offered a deal with widnes.
Luke was unable to accept the deal as it wasn't enough for him to leave his day job and go full time.

Menzies is a solid championship player. If he had made such a good impression, Widnes would have made the deal happen and offered more money. If he has gone to Swinton, then I wish him all the best.

#7 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

A good strong kid who will take the ball up all day but dosent break the line enough for me. However he always gave 100 % and we wish him well at Swinton.

Posted Image

#8 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Arent swinton on the ropes tho

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#9 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

LUKE MENZIES--- 29 games for Hunslet last season (every game ) mostly as substitute.--- did not trouble the scorers.

#10 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

LUKE MENZIES--- 29 games for Hunslet last season (every game ) mostly as substitute.--- did not trouble the scorers.

neither did many of your other players hense.....

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#11 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

Think Mr Pig, your forgetting a certain Jimmy Keinhorst here. YOU won't see better.

As for Luke , great potential , but still has to fufill it, we used him in a game for like 2 x 20 minute spells , I liked him , would still like him to be with us, but he could have done more for us with the time he was on the pitch.

#12 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

Luke recently recovered from a horrendous injury and is still taking the ball into contact fearlessly and at full tilt...You get 100 per cent effort from him, as we did at Oldham, does the hard yards and tough as teak. never goes missing!
He and Saed Tamgahart were my favourite forwards!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users