Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Really looking forward to sunday,the off season withdrawal symptoms have hit hard this year,full kick off is a few weeks away yet ,but this will do nicely.Am also looking forward to seeing team run out at sls in the new home kit,all in all a very important season for the hawks,but I am very confident with the team we have,roll on 1st game,,CMON YOU HUNS.

#2 Duck Egg

Duck Egg
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

I'll be there with my beef tea.

#3 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

So just to anticipate the team Rhinos are sending, the YEP seem to intimate that their pack will consist of Bailey, Achurch, Singleton and Clarkson.  I assume Keinhorst, Duckworth, Minns and Foster won't be playing.

Unless Leeds step up with some more senior players and assume most will be there U19s they will get their little ass*s kicked I think

#4 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,080 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

Duckworth,Minns and Foster are already at London.Keinhorst is at Wakefield,so Hunslet will probably beat a very young Leeds team. For the majority of this year's u19's,it's their first season at this level.It will be good experience for them.Looking forward to it.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#5 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

I wonder if they will drop in BJB at Full Back and Hardaker in the halves?  Delaney is out, so is Ward.

IF BMc and GH put a strong team in, South Leeds might be a sell out - that would go along way to support the Hunslet coffers.  Throwing an U19s team in will mean only another 500 crowd.  Come on GH put a team together and let us keep the gate receipts

#6 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

I wonder if they will drop in BJB at Full Back and Hardaker in the halves?  Delaney is out, so is Ward.

IF BMc and GH put a strong team in, South Leeds might be a sell out - that would go along way to support the Hunslet coffers.  Throwing an U19s team in will mean only another 500 crowd.  Come on GH put a team together and let us keep the gate receipts

Gazmeister . Please Stop . This Embarrassment . You are like a dog BEGGING for Scraps at the dinner table !

Supporters of Hunslet , Bow down to NO man ........

Edited by HUNSLET72, 21 January 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#7 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

Lets hope there will come a time when the Rhinos have to put out there strongest team to keep hold of the Lazenby Cup. So whoever they send lets get our hands on the first piece of silver this season gIve Wakefield a good game and come the first league game we will be in a winning mode.

chappy

#8 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,080 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

Gazmeister . Please Stop . This Embarrassment . You are like a dog BEGGING for Scraps at the dinner table !

Supporters of Hunslet , Bow down to NO man ........

Or is he just asking for a big crowd and a decent team turning out for a pre season friendly.

#9 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

Fully agree . I am looking forward to the Wakefield game .

For me The Lazenby cup is somewhat of a banana skin . This year Hunslet will be "allowed" to win ......

Payback for causing our relegation , an "olive branch".

I Want Hunslet to win Promotion this year .

So , should any of our players shine ,its a James Lowes job . Then there is the injuries , the physically powerful Leeds R.L. pack players can inflict .....

#10 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,080 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Fully agree . I am looking forward to the Wakefield game .

For me The Lazenby cup is somewhat of a banana skin . This year Hunslet will be "allowed" to win ......

Payback for causing our relegation , an "olive branch".

I Want Hunslet to win Promotion this year .

So , should any of our players shine ,its a James Lowes job . Then there is the injuries , the physically powerful Leeds R.L. pack players can inflict .....

Would you care to back your claims up with hard evidence.I think you are being disrespectful to BOTH  sets of teams that will be playing on Sunday.

#11 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

Would you care to back your claims up with hard evidence.I think you are being disrespectful to BOTH sets of teams that will be playing on Sunday.

Are you a copper?? evidence of this, evidence of that. This forum has gone to pot
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#12 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,080 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Are you a copper?? evidence of this, evidence of that. This forum has gone to pot

Yes and it looks like Hunslet72 is smoking it.He keeps coming up with halfbaked theories and doesn't back them up.That's all most people would ask for,proof of his "facts".

#13 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Or is he just asking for a big crowd and a decent team turning out for a pre season friendly.

Thats all I was saying - hopeful that Leeds put a strong squad out so the fans come to the game and more money for Hunslet.

#14 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

Anyway back on topic who cares what team they send just glad to be going back to the South Leeds stadium and looking forward to seeing all the new lads play
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#15 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,080 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

Thats all I was saying - hopeful that Leeds put a strong squad out so the fans come to the game and more money for Hunslet.

Exactly,yet another thread hijacked by the "lunatic fringe" :-)

#16 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

I think this being Ryan Baileys benefit year . The game will Sell out .

I guess Ryan will be captain And I expect him to lead from the front and put his mark on the game..

For me , this would Not be a game to RISK , some of our more "injury prone" players . . .

Any thoughts ???????

#17 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,080 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

I think this being Ryan Baileys benefit year . The game will Sell out .

I guess Ryan will be captain And I expect him to lead from the front and put his mark on the game..

For me , this would Not be a game to RISK , some of our more "injury prone" players . . .

Any thoughts ???????

Bailey's benefit game is the following Friday against London.I can't see either game being a sellout.

#18 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

Bailey's benefit game is the following Friday against London.I can't see either game being a sellout.

you would have to pay me to watch Bailey

#19 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,080 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

you would have to pay me to watch Bailey

Good job I'm not then isn't it.

#20 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach