Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

Would you care to back your claims up with hard evidence.I think you are being disrespectful to BOTH sets of teams that will be playing on Sunday.

Sunday is a glorified training session, the first team playing it's second team but fans are being charged to watch it. I'd save your tenners lads

#22 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for your advice Sgt

#23 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for your advice Sgt

glad I could help

#24 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

Didn't say it was of any assistance some of us will miss you stay always this season for a few games anyway then we will get into the rugby support our team and forget all about you your loss

#25 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

That should aways not always

#26 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Didn't say it was of any assistance some of us will miss you stay always this season for a few games anyway then we will get into the rugby support our team and forget all about you your loss

Cheers for that geoff
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#27 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

that should have read support your 2 teams

#28 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Achurch, Sutcliffe, Leuluai, Singleton, Clarkson and Bailey along with a bunch of under 19's named in the Rhino's line up for Sunday.

Edited by Moose, 22 January 2014 - 09:04 AM.

#29 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

Leeds Utd would be my other team but I don't go any more so I don't class my self as a supporter nor do I pass comment on them or badger them that go to watch them

#30 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

Achurch, Sutcliffe, Leuluai, Singleton, Clarkson and Bailey along with a bunch of under 19's named in the Rhino's line up for Sunday.

Without sounding negative - what a disappointment the team is that Rhinos are sending over to play us on Sunday. GH knows that this could be a potentially big money making game for us if he played some of his stars. But to send across a predominantly U19s squad with most 18yrs or 17yrs is a bit of an insult I think.

Before you start I am not slating Leeds off or calling names, or slandering the dual reg system so I just want to express my feelings.

This is the worst side Leeds have sent for years - for the last two years at least it has been made up of first team and U20s players or pretty much their reserve team. This is a bunch of kids who got beat considerably by Wigan U19s and Catalan U20s recently. Quite a few of Hunslet players played in this U20s squad 2 - 3 years ago (Watson, Broughton, Davies) even (Chisolm, Nicholson, Sunley) who are all at Featherstone - so the Leeds team are much younger than what they were.

Now I hope this doesn’t come back and bite me in the bottom but they could have made a bit more of an effort. I hope Hunslet put 60 points past them.

#31 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

Leeds Utd would be my other team but I don't go any more so I don't class my self as a supporter nor do I pass comment on them or badger them that go to watch them

Who was that for?

#32 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

To suggest that if you go watch Hunslet you are also a rhinos fan is deeply insulting and untrue I never have and never will be rhino

#33 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

To suggest that if you go watch Hunslet you are also a rhinos fan is deeply insulting and untrue I never have and never will be rhino

Who you are you saying this to geoff?

#34 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Much stronger pack playing for Leeds this year than last, how many first team Leeds players played in last years match Gazmeister?

#35 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Sgt made the insinuation

#36 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Sgt made the insinuation

Ah rite....i must av missed his post

#37 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Ah rite....i must av missed his post

Easily done

#38 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Easily done

Yeah it is

#39 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

Without sounding negative - what a disappointment the team is that Rhinos are sending over to play us on Sunday. GH knows that this could be a potentially big money making game for us if he played some of his stars. But to send across a predominantly U19s squad with most 18yrs or 17yrs is a bit of an insult I think.

Before you start I am not slating Leeds off or calling names, or slandering the dual reg system so I just want to express my feelings.

This is the worst side Leeds have sent for years - for the last two years at least it has been made up of first team and U20s players or pretty much their reserve team. This is a bunch of kids who got beat considerably by Wigan U19s and Catalan U20s recently. Quite a few of Hunslet players played in this U20s squad 2 - 3 years ago (Watson, Broughton, Davies) even (Chisolm, Nicholson, Sunley) who are all at Featherstone - so the Leeds team are much younger than what they were.

Now I hope this doesn’t come back and bite me in the bottom but they could have made a bit more of an effort. I hope Hunslet put 60 points past them.

can't see that happening can you really?

#40 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Much stronger pack playing for Leeds this year than last, how many first team Leeds players played in last years match Gazmeister?

Mitch Achurch @Leeds
Jordan Baldwinson @down under
Luke Briscoe @Leeds/Wakey
Alex Foster @ Leeds/Broncos
Liam Hood @ Hunslet?
Jimmy Keinhorst @Leeds/Wakey
Liam McAvoy @ gone somewhere?
Thomas Minns @Leeds/Broncos
Richard Moore @Wakey
Liam Sutcliffe @Leeds
Stevie Ward @Leeds
Jimmy Watson @Hunslet