RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

Would you care to back your claims up with hard evidence.I think you are being disrespectful to BOTH sets of teams that will be playing on Sunday.

Sunday is a glorified training session, the first team playing it's second team but fans are being charged to watch it. I'd save your tenners lads

#22 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for your advice Sgt

#23 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for your advice Sgt

glad I could help

#24 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

Didn't say it was of any assistance some of us will miss you stay always this season for a few games anyway then we will get into the rugby support our team and forget all about you your loss

#25 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

That should aways not always

#26 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Didn't say it was of any assistance some of us will miss you stay always this season for a few games anyway then we will get into the rugby support our team and forget all about you your loss

Cheers for that geoff
  • sgt pepper likes this
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#27 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

that should have read support your 2 teams

#28 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Achurch, Sutcliffe, Leuluai, Singleton, Clarkson and Bailey along with a bunch of under 19's named in the Rhino's line up for Sunday.

Edited by Moose, 22 January 2014 - 09:04 AM.

#29 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

Leeds Utd would be my other team but I don't go any more so I don't class my self as a supporter nor do I pass comment on them or badger them that go to watch them

#30 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

Achurch, Sutcliffe, Leuluai, Singleton, Clarkson and Bailey along with a bunch of under 19's named in the Rhino's line up for Sunday.

Without sounding negative - what a disappointment the team is that Rhinos are sending over to play us on Sunday. GH knows that this could be a potentially big money making game for us if he played some of his stars. But to send across a predominantly U19s squad with most 18yrs or 17yrs is a bit of an insult I think.

Before you start I am not slating Leeds off or calling names, or slandering the dual reg system so I just want to express my feelings.

This is the worst side Leeds have sent for years - for the last two years at least it has been made up of first team and U20s players or pretty much their reserve team. This is a bunch of kids who got beat considerably by Wigan U19s and Catalan U20s recently. Quite a few of Hunslet players played in this U20s squad 2 - 3 years ago (Watson, Broughton, Davies) even (Chisolm, Nicholson, Sunley) who are all at Featherstone - so the Leeds team are much younger than what they were.

Now I hope this doesn’t come back and bite me in the bottom but they could have made a bit more of an effort. I hope Hunslet put 60 points past them.

#31 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

Leeds Utd would be my other team but I don't go any more so I don't class my self as a supporter nor do I pass comment on them or badger them that go to watch them

Who was that for?

#32 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

To suggest that if you go watch Hunslet you are also a rhinos fan is deeply insulting and untrue I never have and never will be rhino

#33 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

To suggest that if you go watch Hunslet you are also a rhinos fan is deeply insulting and untrue I never have and never will be rhino

Who you are you saying this to geoff?

#34 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Much stronger pack playing for Leeds this year than last, how many first team Leeds players played in last years match Gazmeister?

#35 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Sgt made the insinuation

#36 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Sgt made the insinuation

Ah rite....i must av missed his post

#37 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Ah rite....i must av missed his post

Easily done

#38 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Easily done

Yeah it is

#39 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

Without sounding negative - what a disappointment the team is that Rhinos are sending over to play us on Sunday. GH knows that this could be a potentially big money making game for us if he played some of his stars. But to send across a predominantly U19s squad with most 18yrs or 17yrs is a bit of an insult I think.

Before you start I am not slating Leeds off or calling names, or slandering the dual reg system so I just want to express my feelings.

This is the worst side Leeds have sent for years - for the last two years at least it has been made up of first team and U20s players or pretty much their reserve team. This is a bunch of kids who got beat considerably by Wigan U19s and Catalan U20s recently. Quite a few of Hunslet players played in this U20s squad 2 - 3 years ago (Watson, Broughton, Davies) even (Chisolm, Nicholson, Sunley) who are all at Featherstone - so the Leeds team are much younger than what they were.

Now I hope this doesn’t come back and bite me in the bottom but they could have made a bit more of an effort. I hope Hunslet put 60 points past them.

can't see that happening can you really?
  • HUNSLET72 likes this

#40 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Much stronger pack playing for Leeds this year than last, how many first team Leeds players played in last years match Gazmeister?

Mitch Achurch @Leeds
Jordan Baldwinson @down under
Luke Briscoe @Leeds/Wakey
Alex Foster @ Leeds/Broncos
Liam Hood @ Hunslet?
Jimmy Keinhorst @Leeds/Wakey
Liam McAvoy @ gone somewhere?
Thomas Minns @Leeds/Broncos
Richard Moore @Wakey
Liam Sutcliffe @Leeds
Stevie Ward @Leeds
Jimmy Watson @Hunslet