Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New rugby league clubs in Florida

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,308 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

The I 95 is the road you are looking for.

It already links Boston 13s to Rhode Island Rebellion.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#22 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

It already links Boston 13s to Rhode Island Rebellion.

And Connecticut and Jacksonville Axmen and Brooklyn and New York.

#23 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

So, we're now an I95 sport?... :D

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#24 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

So, we're now an I95 sport?... :D

Pretty much but it's  1,000 mile long road. :biggrin:

#25 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

Pretty much but it's  1,000 mile long road. :biggrin:

My mistake. Its 1907 miles long.

#26 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,308 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

You are tightening up when it comes to figures! :D

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#27 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

If the point being made is that the road is a long one then either 1,000 or 2,000 qualifies as long. I knew it was long when I posted. Out of interest I then googled Interstate 95 to get the true figure but I knew it went from Maine to Florida from the get go, so I knew it was a large distance which covered the point.

#28 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,855 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

There's been rugby league in the USA for roughly 60 years.  It's basically a heartland.  But their crowds are lower than Hull City's.

Has there been any clarification from the clubs, USARL or the AMNRL as to what is actually happening now?

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#29 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

There's been rugby league in the USA for roughly 60 years.  It's basically a heartland.  But their crowds are lower than Hull City's.

Has there been any clarification from the clubs, USARL or the AMNRL as to what is actually happening now?

Nothing directly but it seems as if unification was all set to be announced and then, suddenly, it wasn't. So the USARL offered AMNRL teams the opportunity to join them, if they meet the criteria. That's as far as it seems to have gone.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#30 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,308 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

If the point being made is that the road is a long one then either 1,000 or 2,000 qualifies as long. I knew it was long when I posted. Out of interest I then googled Interstate 95 to get the true figure but I knew it went from Maine to Florida from the get go, so I knew it was a large distance which covered the point.

Sorry, no offense meant.  It was just a remark about people being fussy on figures on a previous thread.  I travelled that road most days for about ten month, but only a little bit of it.

#31 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

Sorry, no offense meant.  It was just a remark about people being fussy on figures on a previous thread.  I travelled that road most days for about ten month, but only a little bit of it.

No problem, sorry I got so touchy. It's a reaction to the stuff that gets thrown at me here on a daily basis. The Rebellion are my team and are located about 2 blocks from I 95.

#32 Oxford

Oxford
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

Keighley, 

It is not entirely unsurprising that some of the negative comments hiding behind internet "nom de plume" :ph34r: have upset you but please, be aware that some of us are very supportive :angel:  of true league fans and RL (any where, any time, any place!). It isn't always obvious because there is a sadly negative input  :shout:, there are many reasons for this mostly to do with RL being a sport under siege :help:  and people thinking the internet is a suppository ( repository ) for being cross :wild:​  and being allowed to shout because no one knows who you are, and then there's the trolls  :banghead: and League Freak the oracle! :suicide: who are only happy if they ( and you ) are unhappy. Could be any workplace anywhere in the world! But the question is are you on the wrong side or the Correct side of the M62?

Edited by Oxford, 30 January 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#33 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

Keighley, 

It is not entirely unsurprising that some of the negative comments hiding behind internet "nom de plume" :ph34r: have upset you but please, be aware that some of us are very supportive :angel:  of true league fans and RL (any where, any time, any place!). It isn't always obvious because there is a sadly negative input  :shout:, there are many reasons for this mostly to do with RL being a sport under siege :help:  and people thinking the internet is a suppository ( repository ) for being cross :wild:​  and being allowed to shout because no one knows who you are, and then there's the trolls  :banghead: and League Freak the oracle! :suicide: who are only happy if they ( and you ) are unhappy. Could be any workplace anywhere in the world! But the question is are you on the wrong side or the Correct side of the M62?

Well, thank you for your kind sentiments and you certainly put a lot of work into it.

The last question has stumped me. I was born on the correct side i.e. to the East of the Pennines practically on it in Bradford. I grew up on the correct side from a traditional RL perspective i.e. to the North of it in Keighley.

I now reside far to the West of it but still drive on the left hand side of the road.

Anything deeper than that in our question and you will have to explain it to my aged and feeble mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users