Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lote Tuqiri switches codes AGAIN!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,574 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Lote Tuqiri has made a return to Rugby League after singing a one-year deal with the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

He just can't make his mind up, can he?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Stoney100

Stoney100
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Not sure why the Rabbitohs would want him - strange signing I think.

#3 G Las D

G Las D
  • 13,958 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

Bunnies have lost a few backs in the off season to retirement and transfer and here's a named player who has become available.

He'll probably have jumped at the chance of joining a top outfit rather than a struggling one, so I can see him finding the move doubly attractive - good money, top performing  club.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#4 Stoney100

Stoney100
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Bunnies have lost a few backs in the off season to retirement and transfer and here's a named player who has become available.
He'll probably have jumped at the chance of joining a top outfit rather than a struggling one, so I can see him finding the move doubly attractive - good money, top performing  club.

Agreed we have lost some backs but surely it is best to blood some of the youngsters - I presume that he is more of a mentor to past on experience rather than a regular, great deal for him judging by the injuries he has had in past few years - if you look at the South Sydney Central Facebook page there are not may happy bunnies (no jokes please).

Not Sure but thought that may be Ferguson would have been a opition (not sure on the finances etc.)

It is going to be one of those decisions I think that is either a master stroke or completely rubbish but I guess Madge knows what he is doing it is just I don't see it on this one but would love to be wrong especially if he scores the winning try in the Grand Final :-))

Edited by Stoney100, 21 January 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#5 G Las D

G Las D
  • 13,958 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Yes, I understand Souths are intent on blooding youngsters.

For me Tuqiri was very good at his best, but not consistent enough and then sometimes a liability!

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#6 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

He won`t play many games,blokes his age get too many injuries,but from his point of view it`ll be a good last pay day before he has to step out into the real world.

#7 weststiger

weststiger
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

Bad signing,Rabbits,will be seen more at North sydney oval than any where else.

#8 oikee

oikee
  • Coach
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

He will never get a statue. He does have a Origin plaque at Suncorp. So he gets walked over game day, that is about his stature. 

And let's not forget, Micky Weyman of St George got a statue, what does that say about Lotti. hehe

Edited by oikee, 23 January 2014 - 02:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users