Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lote Tuqiri switches codes AGAIN!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,792 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Lote Tuqiri has made a return to Rugby League after singing a one-year deal with the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

He just can't make his mind up, can he?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Stoney100

Stoney100
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Not sure why the Rabbitohs would want him - strange signing I think.

#3 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,545 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

Bunnies have lost a few backs in the off season to retirement and transfer and here's a named player who has become available.

He'll probably have jumped at the chance of joining a top outfit rather than a struggling one, so I can see him finding the move doubly attractive - good money, top performing  club.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#4 Stoney100

Stoney100
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Bunnies have lost a few backs in the off season to retirement and transfer and here's a named player who has become available.
He'll probably have jumped at the chance of joining a top outfit rather than a struggling one, so I can see him finding the move doubly attractive - good money, top performing  club.

Agreed we have lost some backs but surely it is best to blood some of the youngsters - I presume that he is more of a mentor to past on experience rather than a regular, great deal for him judging by the injuries he has had in past few years - if you look at the South Sydney Central Facebook page there are not may happy bunnies (no jokes please).

Not Sure but thought that may be Ferguson would have been a opition (not sure on the finances etc.)

It is going to be one of those decisions I think that is either a master stroke or completely rubbish but I guess Madge knows what he is doing it is just I don't see it on this one but would love to be wrong especially if he scores the winning try in the Grand Final :-))

Edited by Stoney100, 21 January 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#5 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,545 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Yes, I understand Souths are intent on blooding youngsters.

For me Tuqiri was very good at his best, but not consistent enough and then sometimes a liability!

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#6 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

He won`t play many games,blokes his age get too many injuries,but from his point of view it`ll be a good last pay day before he has to step out into the real world.

#7 weststiger

weststiger
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

Bad signing,Rabbits,will be seen more at North sydney oval than any where else.

#8 oikee

oikee
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

He will never get a statue. He does have a Origin plaque at Suncorp. So he gets walked over game day, that is about his stature. 

And let's not forget, Micky Weyman of St George got a statue, what does that say about Lotti. hehe

Edited by oikee, 23 January 2014 - 02:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users