Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

League Changes

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Surpirsed that this hasn't already been posted but it was announced at the Delegate's Meeting that the divisions are changing for the 2015 season.

For 2015 :-

Premier will be reduced to 12 teams with 4 teams being relegated at the end of the 2014 season.

Division 1 will see 2 teams promoted and 3 teams relegated.

Division 2 will see 2 teams automatically promoted and a further team promoted through a playoff (3v6, 4v5 and then a final) and 3 teams relegated.

Division 3 will see 2 teams automatically promoted and another one promoted through the playoffs as in Div 2.

The same playoff system will then be introduced in Division 1 in the 2015 season.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#2 all mighty one

all mighty one
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

About time they reduced the Premier Division, should have been done years ago
Personally think that 3 down and 1 up would have been better but everyone knows what they are playing for before the season kicks off should make interesting end to the season with more teams looking over there shoulders

#3 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

Looks like 12 is the magic number for league size. Looks to me like they are trying to align all comps from Pro down to community.

Quite like the idea of a playoff for promotion, still with some automatic promotion places. Works very well in the Football league

#4 Walter

Walter
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Division 1 to 3 will still be 14 teams though and they said if they get to 56 teams then all divisions would go back to 14

It also said that 3 would be relegated from Divison 3 but not sure where to!!!!

#5 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Interesting although I'm not in favour of playing off for promotion, but the size of the league's needs to be 12 so that's fair enough

#6 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 747 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

I believe the NCL have also accepted the OR's without any opposition and dual registration is also happening.

Makes for interesting times ahead!

Edited by LordCharles, 23 January 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#7 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

Didn't see you at the meeting LC.  Totally wrong assumption.  No DR,  and you're way off mark with your comment about going with the OR's.  All our concerns were addressed.   Please keep to the NWC league forum. 

#8 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:34 AM

I believe the NCL have also accepted the OR's with opposition and dual registration is not happening.

Makes for interesting times ahead! Apart from my posts

Edited for accuracy

#9 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:50 AM

Will be better with 12 teams, just wondering there seem to be long term plans going ahead, is the vote not taking place after the third season ?

#10 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Done deal no need for a vote .

#11 chasetheace

chasetheace
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

Didn't see you at the meeting LC.  Totally wrong assumption.  No DR,  and you're way off mark with your comment about going with the OR's.  All our concerns were addressed.   Please keep to the NWC league forum. 

So there is to be no dual reg between champ and Ncl teams ?  I thought this was agreed that 3 Part time players could dual reg with their chosen community club ?  

I know a couple of champ 1 clubs that are not having 20's/reserve sides who are hoping to send players out to ncl clubs.  

#12 Dessie O'Hare

Dessie O'Hare
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

So there is to be no dual reg between champ and Ncl teams ? I thought this was agreed that 3 Part time players could dual reg with their chosen community club ?
I know a couple of champ 1 clubs that are not having 20's/reserve sides who are hoping to send players out to ncl clubs.

Competition rules forbid professional players, so the NCL have pulled the rug from the RFL carpet.
Operational rules have opened the door but until competition rules change they are redundant.
DR is fairly unpopular in the heartlands but very popular elsewhere, as those clubs would gain considerably in squad strength.
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

#13 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Great decision

#14 chasetheace

chasetheace
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

interesting stuff , so pro sides would have to de-register a player in order for them to play in the NCL ?

#15 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

AND RE SIGN THEM THE WEEK AFTER LOL

#16 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

AND RE SIGN THEM THE WEEK AFTER LOL

Each time they'd resign the club would be entitled to a payment ;)

#17 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

If only eh!

Just shows how ridiculous this whole pro/am distinction is. Lol's at teams playing a player who's played pro week before and him having to deregister.

Why does it matter? Why go to all that effort? Why not just allow him to be dual registered?

I suppose this distinction doesn't apply to other professional sportsman playing amateur rugby league? It's déjà vu all over again.

#18 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

If only eh!
Just shows how ridiculous this whole pro/am distinction is. Lol's at teams playing a player who's played pro week before and him having to deregister.
Why does it matter? Why go to all that effort? Why not just allow him to be dual registered?
I suppose this distinction doesn't apply to other professional sportsman playing amateur rugby league? It's déjà vu all over again.

If you sign pro you a pro,DR this will give teams an unfair advantage in certain weeks, with the uncertainty if a team can turn out its strongest team week in week out due to the change in playing season is bad enough, how can you gauge the form of a team over a season with letting DR into the NCL the rules of players only returning to their own club will get exploited .

#19 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

If you sign pro you a pro,

Exactly

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#20 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

If you sign pro you a pro,DR this will give teams an unfair advantage in certain weeks, with the uncertainty if a team can turn out its strongest team week in week out due to the change in playing season is bad enough, how can you gauge the form of a team over a season with letting DR into the NCL the rules of players only returning to their own club will get exploited .

What does signing pro really mean? You are assigned to 1 club, getting paid? This already happens in ncl does it not? So the field isn't level already?

The duel reg will just make an even more un level playing field, but only for certain teams, ie those with enticement and those with strong links to certain pro clubs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users