Photo
- - - - -

Northampton Demons announce principle sponsor and Pre Season start date!

Demons Northamptonrl

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 KetteringDemon

KetteringDemon
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

Northampton Demons have announced SSL Loss Adjusting as Principle Sponsors

Northampton Demons will celebrate its seventh season in style with SSL Loss Adjusting signing up as Principle Sponsors for the forthcoming 2014 Midland RL Premier League campaign.

The partnership, which will begin from today on a rolling one-year basis and will see the Loss Adjuster’s logo on the first team’s playing shirts, underlines SSL’s commitment to supporting local sporting talent while the Demons, with the financial support and behind-the scenes assistance of SSL, will be in a good position to progress up the Rugby League ladder.

Phil Albutt, Northampton Demons Commercial Manager, said: “We are proud to welcome SSL Loss Adjusting as our principle sponsor and are excited about this new partnership in what is shaping up to be very promising season for which we have high hopes.”

Julia Hewett, SSL Loss Adjusting Group Director, added: “We have worked hard to sponsor sport in the community and we are proud to provide support to a local club in a sport that runs through the core of the insurance industry.

“Northampton Demons are a club that have grown rapidly in recent years, similar to ourselves, so helping them continue their rise is a great privilege.”

Northampton Demons Pre season training will start on Wednesday February 12th at 7pm.

Pre season will take place at The University of Northampton, Park Campus (Kingsthorpe), in partnership with Northampton Gremlins, the university's Rugby League side with whom we have enjoyed a great relationship over the years.

Training will take place at the University for most weeks with occasional visits to other establishments within the town planned and to be announced in the near future. The club will train at the University with the Gremlins until the light improves, at which point we will revert to our Duston home.

Ahead of pre season, new Head Coach Patrick Wilson commented, “There is a buzz ahead of this year. There have been quite a few changes at the club both in terms of coaching and in terms of staffing off the field. Whilst we are sad to see Joe and Justin leave, we have seen people like Neil Beardsley and Phill Albutt step up into roles and already they are making huge strides.

Pre season will be a long and tough one, hopefully with some tough friendlies, but I’m confident the players will meet the challenges we throw at them and will back it up when the season starts.

#2 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Good news, but as a part time member of the Grammar Police I have to point you at this:

http://blog.oxforddi...e-or-principal/
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#3 KetteringDemon

KetteringDemon
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

Thanks for pointing that out Tim2!!!

Also as part of the new era at Northampton Demons ARLFC we are pleased to announce our coaching line up for 2014.

Patrick Wilson steps up from his role as Academy Coach to first grade Head Coach – Patrick was one of the founder members of Northampton RL and has coached right through the Junior section. I’m sure Patrick will make a big impression on the Demons in 2014.

He will be supported By Neil Beardsley in a player/coach role along with Matt Jones and Kieran Sharpe as Strength and Condition coach with other skills/role specific coaches TBC.

#4 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

Good news, but as a part time member of the Grammar Police I have to point you at this:

http://blog.oxforddi...e-or-principal/

*part-time

#5 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

*part-time

*part-time

Indeed, that's why I'm only part-time.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#6 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

Patrick Wilson steps up from his role as Academy Coach to first grade Head Coach

God I bet the lino's and refs are dreading that............. :angry: .

All the best for the season Patrick.

Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

Welcome to this world Harry, 5lb 2oz and fighting fit.

#7 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 992 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

Good news on Patrick stepping up - the fines should cover any shortfall in revenue the league has this year :)

#8 KetteringDemon

KetteringDemon
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

I'm sure Patrick will be a reformed character this season  :D and if not we have a few plans on how to keep him on the right side of the Midlands RL !!!!! 

#9 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 992 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Ha Ha! In all seriousness, its good to see him develop.

#10 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

good luck Northampton .............

Posted Image

#11 KetteringDemon

KetteringDemon
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

Thanks MidlandsRugbyLeague and Roughyedz. Patrick has put in lots of hard work at the Northampton Demons over the years and i think he deserves the chance he now has !! Lots happening behind the scenes which should have the club in better shape than it has been for a long time. And fingers crossed we will have a few old faces returning to us which will add experience to a very talented group of players. All in all we are very excited for the coming season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users