TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

NRL jersey's

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

Just seen all the jersey's for the 2014 launch and got to say I be surprised if the NRL make any cash from them as they are so ghastly and reminded me of the horrid MMA type top's you get and there is no hiding if you got a bit of a gut and they are tight as they come.

Such a shame from the style's you got in the 90's.

#2 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,037 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

35587_20_1.jpg

Article on NRL.com

I've seen the specially commissioned jerseys  on show for the Auckland 9's comp - do you mean them or is there another picture somewhere?

I'll be guessing that most 2014 home jerseys will be a bit more traditional as tends to be the case in the NRL - more so than in Super League (UK).

I'll grant that one or two of the nines' shirts do miss the target - the NZ Warriors one might look good and interesting up close, but doesn't work for me at that distance.

Likewise the Manly shirt looks drab to my eyes in that photo. Not sure about the Knight top but I suppose at least it's bright and distinguishable.

One or two clubs will see the comp as a chance to be a bit more adventurous with their jersey designs, with the mrechandising opportunity this provides.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#3 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

better pics of all the designs here

http://www.newrugbyk...by-league-kits/

ISC have been lazy as usual and done the same design in different colours for knights, cowboys, manly, canberra and St George

Rabbitohs is by far the best (also ISC so they must have spent all their time on that one!!!)

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

#4 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:31 PM

better pics of all the designs here

http://www.newrugbyk...by-league-kits/

ISC have been lazy as usual and done the same design in different colours for knights, cowboys, manly, canberra and St George

Rabbitohs is by far the best (also ISC so they must have spent all their time on that one!!!)

Souths win's hand's down but wish they had a v-neck instead of a round neck.

The British Lions jersey last year was pretty good a thought that might style for thing's to come in both codes but it wasn't to be ...so far.

Thing is how many fan's and ex forwards of the game would buy these jersey's as they are not kind around the mid section.

#5 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,037 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

Couldn't Bulldogs have squeezed a bit more design on to their shirt??????

Busy or what?

I like the Roosters jersey as it puts me in mind of my UK team Now if they just lost that bit of red on it, it would be even better :-)

#6 Grollo

Grollo
  • Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

The British Lions jersey last year was pretty good a thought that might style for thing's to come in both codes but it wasn't to be ...so far.

Thing is how many fan's and ex forwards of the game would buy these jersey's as they are not kind around the mid section.

How's that eight ball?

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

#7 Grollo

Grollo
  • Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Your eyesight is up to speed.

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

#8 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:25 AM

Just bought m a Souths 9's shirt (http://rlshop.co.uk/...itohs-9s-shirt/) although I don't think the tournament will b suited to them and can see one of the lesser teams taking it more seriously and coming away with the win.

#9 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

Just bought m a Souths 9's shirt (http://rlshop.co.uk/...itohs-9s-shirt/) although I don't think the tournament will b suited to them and can see one of the lesser teams taking it more seriously and coming away with the win.

God no disrespect but that just looks like a Cage Rage type top.

I think I buy a Penrith 1991 top as todays jerseys are so poor.

#10 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,037 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

Some of these shirts look to have been designed by a company who had an idea that they sold to clubs. One idea that a number of clubs have bought in to.

Best thing is for clubs to get their own designs with their own history and fans in mind.

#11 Lesmets

Lesmets
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

The Australian jerseys just seem tight because the sizes run small ,I was over in Oz last year and I had to buy XXXL Gold Cost jersey just to get the same fit as a XL I would normally wear ,the AFL guernseys are tighter again!,

#12 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,037 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

Sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer here. You'd think there would be a standard size.

Then there's player fit and real human being fit to consider.

There can even be a variation in size from some companies from one year to the next!

#13 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,037 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

Having watched the Auckland Nines I now think that some of the designs of shirts I thought poor beforehand turned out to be OK.

The Bulldogs one though just seemed random and I thought they just didn't look like they were wearing a Bulldogs shirt/colours at all.

However fancy or different the shirt for a one-off event is, it should still be clear who you are - there should be an obvious reference to your club - either by design element or colours.

#14 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,037 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

18152-canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs-auck

Izzy Wizzy, let's get busy - Doggies' Nines jersey.

Official club view:

The all new “Royal Gold” Jersey takes elements of the traditional logo and values of the Club and combines that with a blend of royal blue, black and metallic gold to create an impressive new design.

Edited by G Las D, 19 February 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#15 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 642 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:44 AM

The Warriors are the worst offenders for producing random Jerseys.

A Fanatical supporter who tried to collect the various design changes over the years made the News papers. The collection he had on hand ( only two thirds of his total collection ) was valued at 16-18 thousand dollars.

We've only been around for five minutes !

Things really went into overdrive when former Bra Salesman Wayne Schurrah took over the Ceo role of the club.

This constantly changing jersey nonsense really gets up fans noses.

Why do it to such excesses ?

They sell more Jerseys than anyone else in the NRL.

Trust a blinking Bra Salesman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users