TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Catalans Budget €9.3 M

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#1 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

Thats moving towards £8M. Announced by buoyant club President Guasch at Tuesdays Team Presentation evening at St Esteve. Its impressive growth over their eight years in SL. Some complain about them receiving the Sky grant but you can't knock what they achieved with this seed corn. I remember them selling their merchandise from tressle tables behind the stand at Aime-Giral in year 1. Their flashy new boutique now established in the new west stand reflects much about what they've become. Their income streams seem always edging forward. Paid for new giant tv screen last year. Permits the club to finance hired jets to get them across the Channel when schedule flights restricted. Their playing roster strengthening; they've never struggled to get quality from overseas Jones, Ryles, Mogg, Bird, Carlaw, Johnson et al. Now seeing at last some French quality emerging with the likes of Escare and Bousquet. Just hosted visits by Leeds & Wigan Academys. As some say on here its not just reaching the salary cap which makes a professional set up. You have to have the means to kick on. As 2014 dawns Salford in South Africa, Warrington in Sydney and Wigan everywhere. Big sustainable clubs must be the goal long term. pic courtesy of isotreize

IMGP1107_zpsa78eadf9.jpg

Edited by audois, 28 January 2014 - 02:56 PM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#2 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Audios, that is fantastic news and am I right in thinking that is the biggest budget in SL now? If a small town club like Catalan in Perpignan can generate this amount of income, imagine want a club in a city like Toulouse could do...

Well done Catalan; a credit to the region and SL. Now win something... ;)

Edited by GeordieSaint, 23 January 2014 - 07:29 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#3 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,080 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

I can see why people are against the French now... They're going to overtake us!
Posted Image

#4 ELBOWSEYE

ELBOWSEYE
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

The other advantage they get is from the visiting fans who must put a large income into the local businesses.

If they get another French side in SL they would pull in even bigger revenue streams. 

#5 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

If Catalans have done that well, which they have imagine what Toulouse could bring to the game.
Catalans turnover is ahead of Wigan and Warrington and on their way to matching Leeds.
And they've only been at it eight years!

#6 Henson Park Old Firm

Henson Park Old Firm
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

great news keep up the good work.

#7 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

How good will it be when each club can travel to France to play Catalans and Toulouse on consecutive weekends?

#8 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

You're all delusional. The French offer our game nothing and never will.

#9 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

I remember them selling their merchandise from tressle tables behind the stand at Aime-Giral in year 1. 

But they did have a lot of merchandise on sale in a big department store in the centre of Perpignan that year as well. Is their stuff stilll on offer in there?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#10 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Proof that licensing could work? It just needed people with the right qualities.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#11 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

Proof that licensing could work? It just needed people with the right qualities.

It needed clubs fighting one another for the spots. In other words 15 clubs jostling for 14 places or, more likely, 13 for 12. That way those who failed to do what they promised could have been replaced.

#12 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

But they did have a lot of merchandise on sale in a big department store in the centre of Perpignan that year as well. Is their stuff stilll on offer in there?

Last time I was there and visited Gallerie Lafayette the dedicated section had gone. Just a few bits and pieces marked down on a table. I would think it's gone completely now.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#13 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,421 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

That's great...... Here's hoping they avoid relegation into the future as that would damage RL in France.

#14 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

Last time I was there and visited Gallerie Lafayette the dedicated section had gone. Just a few bits and pieces marked down on a table. I would think it's gone completely now.

So they have just swapped around. 

Obviously pushing their stuff through there own store is more profitable, but in the early days that was I think quite a coup for them. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#15 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

I am in no way belittling their efforts but one should take the exchange rate into account.....should the pound recover then things would look different. ....

having said that it shows what could be done with the right leadership and pyramid system....its also good to see they are trying to promote french talent. This has probably helped grow the crowd!

#16 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:22 AM

I was down at my local gym in Coogee Beach, Sydney this morning, and it was full of Warringtom Wolves players training!

#17 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:40 AM

I am in no way belittling their efforts but one should take the exchange rate into account.....should the pound recover then things would look different. ....

having said that it shows what could be done with the right leadership and pyramid system....its also good to see they are trying to promote french talent. This has probably helped grow the crowd!

Don't think you can blame Mr Guasch for the vagaries of the exchange rate !

Only a few years back the rumours were of financial hardship at the club so the turn around in fortunes is great news to us all. It also indicates that any new venture is going to take time, a lot of hard work and good management to establish itself so let's hope these lessons can be learned by Toulouse.

#18 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:41 AM

You're all delusional. The French offer our game nothing and never will.

Maybe, but would you like to explain why ?

#19 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

This must be a mis print. Canetman said they were on the verge of going bust. Seriously, great advert for proper expansion and a major reason why toulouse must be next. No matter how much we like tradition, the potential of southern france compared to that of small Yorkshire towns is like chalk and cheese

#20 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

What were the average attendances last year for Toulouse?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users