Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Liam Hood Signs

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

great news, a class act ! should rip this division apart.

Posted Image

#2 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:16 AM

Agreed but I find it strange that he will be playing third tier rugby, to be honest I smell a rat

Edited by sgt pepper, 24 January 2014 - 07:21 AM.

#3 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

Top signing
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#4 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:21 AM

Liam lost his way in Rugby as he didn't have a good experience at Leeds.  Also being behind Burrow, Mcshane and Sinfield thus not really getting an opportunity would be frustrating.

I hope he finds the form back that I have seen for over 5 years while watching him in the academy.  If Hunslet play him in front of Tebb and Canterbury then he will rip this division apart with his running. 

Get your fitness up Liam and show them all what you really can do as Hunslet have not seen that yet.

#5 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Another great signing can't wait for the season to start going to be worth all them long trips the New Facebook sites will be talking about now and the future not the past get on board guna be a great ride

#6 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

Great signing, hope he plays Sunday.

#7 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Agreed but I find it strange that he will be playing third tier rugby, to be honest I smell a rat

Some people will not be happy if we sign Billy Slater and Sam Tomkins! Everything is not suspicious in this world.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#8 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

Maybe as he's moved into a part time environment and has a job as well, he doesn't want to travel far to training - it's what you call convenience

#9 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

Some people will not be happy if we sign Billy Slater and Sam Tomkins! Everything is not suspicious in this world.

you may well be correct, only time will tell

#10 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

Another great signing can't wait for the season to start going to be worth all them long trips the New Facebook sites will be talking about now and the future not the past get on board guna be a great ride

I will gladly get on board when you know what happens

#11 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

We now have a number of players in the squad who on paper are to good to be playing in Championship 1, but as no one else came for them or offerred them better terms thats how it is.

Next season is not about individuals but how the squad blends together as a team.

#12 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

The truth of it is that he has a job, so he's not chasing money. He had offers from Swinton and Salford, but has a young family and doesn't want to travel. There was even interest from Australia.

He thoroughly enjoyed his time at Hunslet, so we were his first choice. Excellent signing for the club...

#13 Bigm1

Bigm1
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

Great news. Well done to everyone involved in getting Liam to commit to us this season.

#14 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

Think the club is looking at a bigger picture here, take this year to gel this squad together and hopefully make an impact on the championship with a view to staying there and progressing. Nothing is a certainty in this sport but I have a good feeling about this squad playing for each other and becoming a Hunslet team to be proud of and making the likes of pimms. bartercard. paleys. and the likes glad to be part of the Hunslet Hawks revival :So we shall again: will never be more appropriate than now.

Edited by suzzy, 24 January 2014 - 02:34 PM.

chappy

#15 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

How come he went AWOL half way through lady season?

#16 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

Last post was meant to say last not lady

#17 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

How come he went AWOL half way through lady season?

that was the past but this is the future. Marching on together!!!

Edited by sgt pepper, 24 January 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#18 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

hmmm

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#19 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:08 AM

Well done Huns a great signing , welcome Liam.

#20 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

Yes, a great signing, but we seem top heavy with good hookers. What order do you play them with March, Hood, Canterbury and Tebb. The last two are reputedly good players but won't get in apart from injuries. If March goes to 13, Grimshaw has to move to half back and then one of the Coyles has to drop out, Interesting....

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.