Hull's second KC stadium

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Rubecula

Rubecula
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

I am in favour of the stadium name change and not only for financial reasons. To me Craven Park was down Holderness Road and was a much loved stadium. When the club moved to the new stadium I think the name should have changed at that point because the stadium was an insult to the old Craven Park.
However after the new building work and new stand, the stadium looks great and it's time for a new name.

KC LIGHTSTREAM sounds exciting and modern! I like it.

#22 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,124 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

But,but,but Hull isn't big enough for two SL teams and there is only enough sponsorship, juniors and spectators to support one team etc etc.

Some posters who support this view will be upset by this development.

Wait until Hull City pull the Premier League first claim on the KC 1 stadium trick and FC have to play a home game at KC2. It should be interesting.

Has anyone actually said that?

Edited by Padge, 26 January 2014 - 05:35 PM.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#23 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,169 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Parky says it sometimes.

So nobody who actually counts.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#24 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

It was more about the name than the ground. Clearly the current stadium is only 25 years old but the name Craven Park has been used since 1922. That was the point, though I see how it wasn't made very clear.

:biggrin:

Righty ho.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#25 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

Your friend and ally Mr Parksider has written volumes on those lines.

#26 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,124 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Your friend and ally Mr Parksider has written volumes on those lines.

He's neither my friend or ally, he is of of his own mind and thought.

I suspect though that he has said like me that competing for resources in an area diminishes the ability of clubs to expand.

Both can survive, one can thrive.

Its just some bloody simple maths.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#27 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

I suspect though that he has said like me that competing for resources in an area diminishes the ability of clubs to expand.

Is being a friend and ally incompatible with having ones own mind and thought.?  I didn't think so. The US and the UK for example.

I disagree with that synopsis. Wigan and St Helens compete for resources in the same area and both thrive. Hull and Hull KR  both were top dogs at the same time in the 1980's. Widnes and Warrington both have a huge resume of success from the same geographical footprint. So I guess the maths is not adding up exactly as supposed.

#28 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Is KC Lightstream a distant cousin of KC and The Sunshine Band?

Yes but a lot more underground.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#29 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,124 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Is being a friend and ally incompatible with having ones own mind and thought.?  I didn't think so. The US and the UK for example.

I disagree with that synopsis. Wigan and St Helens compete for resources in the same area and both thrive. Hull and Hull KR  both were top dogs at the same time in the 1980's. Widnes and Warrington both have a huge resume of success from the same geographical footprint. So I guess the maths is not adding up exactly as supposed.

How many times do  I have to post the demographics before you understand.

South Lancashire is the most densely populated area outside of London.

Count populations, count averages, count, count count,.

Do the maths.

Edited by Padge, 26 January 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#30 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

If you think two clubs playing in a local area competing for resources is simple maths then you're looking at the wrong equations.
Posted Image

#31 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

How many times do  I have to post the demographics before you understand.

South Lancashire is the most densely populated area outside of London.

Count populations, count averages, count, count count,.

Do the maths.

Well here's some more numbers. 4 mega, big big Premiership soccer teams in the said South Lancashire metropolis sucking way pounds and fans. Quite recently it was 6.

Do teams averaging north of 40,000 not have an adverse effect on the lauded demographics. Doing the maths is all very well but you have to factor in all the various variables otherwise your conclusions are skewed or flawed.

#32 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,124 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

Well here's some more numbers. 4 mega, big big Premiership soccer teams in the said South Lancashire metropolis sucking way pounds and fans. Quite recently it was 6.

Do teams averaging north of 40,000 not have an adverse effect on the lauded demographics. Doing the maths is all very well but you have to factor in all the various variables otherwise your conclusions are skewed or flawed.

You read but don't understand  :(

#33 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

Well enlighten me o mighty one.

#34 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,226 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

Resources are paying fans and professional players. Roughly 8-10K fans depending on the stadium deal and  the production of a couple of quality professionals a year to keep the playing squad going, is fair very very simple "maths" I would say.

However if you haven't got these resources there is the Koucash way. If your short of 6,000 fans just put £400 apiece into the coffers from your own wallet. If you've a fourth rate academy not producing players just go buy half a dozen off other clubs.

This is also the Hudgell way, we know the long stream of overseas players coming into the club, and the oft quoted £500K a year to cover the empty seats.

Hull 14,553 and Rovers 7,160 2007

Hull 11,201 and Rovers 7,495 2013

First Derby 2007 23,002 last derby 2013 19,064.

So the fan resource is dropping and as for the player resource the impending closure of Rovers fourth rate "poor" academy, the departure of top Hull lads to places like Wigan, and Mr. Pearson going into debt to team strengthen which has seen him fighting HKR for the same players is a worry. What to do?? Ask DSK.

As for the merger comparison with "Why not merge Saints and Wigan then" well they each have first class Number One academies, and crowds last year were 14,549 and 11,141. The maths add up there.

#35 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

Resources are paying fans and professional players. Roughly 8-10K fans depending on the stadium deal and  the production of a couple of quality professionals a year to keep the playing squad going, is fair very very simple "maths" I would say.

However if you haven't got these resources there is the Koucash way. If your short of 6,000 fans just put £400 apiece into the coffers from your own wallet. If you've a fourth rate academy not producing players just go buy half a dozen off other clubs.

This is also the Hudgell way, we know the long stream of overseas players coming into the club, and the oft quoted £500K a year to cover the empty seats.

Hull 14,553 and Rovers 7,160 2007

Hull 11,201 and Rovers 7,495 2013

First Derby 2007 23,002 last derby 2013 19,064.

So the fan resource is dropping and as for the player resource the impending closure of Rovers fourth rate "poor" academy, the departure of top Hull lads to places like Wigan, and Mr. Pearson going into debt to team strengthen which has seen him fighting HKR for the same players is a worry. What to do?? Ask DSK.

As for the merger comparison with "Why not merge Saints and Wigan then" well they each have first class Number One academies, and crowds last year were 14,549 and 11,141. The maths add up there.

The numbers add up if Saints and Wigan merge as regards your one mega club in a small geographical area hypothesis. A merger would loose a good number of fans and from those averages you would end up with around 18,000 playing at a Rugby League specific stadium in st Helens and dropping the soccer dominated and rented stadium in Wigan. Sellouts every game. Your dream come true.

But you want to keep them as separate going concerns because they are both successful clubs even though they are the anti argument to your only one team can survive in a small area stratagem. Which is it. Is an area only able to  sustain one club ? or Are clubs to be exempt from this hypothesis because they prove it to be flawed ? You can't have your cake and eat it.

Given the Saints Wigan successes and given the historical dual successes of FC and KR, it is highly possible that the City of Hull can sustain two SL sides and ultimately the game will be better off for those successes. Hull KR have had their wobbles but overall seem to be making credible progress.

#36 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,226 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Indeed

#37 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Indeed

What you and your friend and ally, Padge, to whose defence you are here rushing, mean is that if I or any others who disagree with your self appointed conclusions annoy you enough or keep refuting your points of view, then you resort to allegations of stupidity or misunderstanding like some spoilt children in a playground.

#38 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,124 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

You jump t

What you and your friend and ally, Padge, to whose defence you are here rushing, mean is that if I or any others who disagree with your self appointed conclusions annoy you enough or keep refuting your points of view, then you resort to allegations of stupidity or misunderstanding like some spoilt children in a playground.

You jump to the conclusion that if I say competing for limited resources limits growth then I am saying clubs should merge, it is an often made mistake, especially by you.

#39 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,226 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

If I or any others who disagree with your self appointed conclusions annoy you enough or keep refuting your points of view, then you resort to allegations of stupidity or misunderstanding like some spoilt children in a playground.

You disagree with absolutely everything I say, It's a default position of yours.

It's not a "self appointed conclusion" to state that Rovers crowds have gone nowhere in eight years, they have won nothing or been near, their academy is fourth rate and may be closed and they leak £500,000 a year. These are the facts.

From these you conclude Rovers have "made credible progress".

Your a grand old man of RL I know, I don't mean to offend you, but this is how it is. As I keep saying I say black you say white, I say red you say white. Fair enough let's agree to disagree no need for us to reply to each other.....

#40 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Anyway, back to the stadium name...."Lightstream"

It's a shame about the spare "g" as otherwise I've discovered you can get "sh*t rl team" from the remaining letters.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users