RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hull's second KC stadium

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

You disagree with absolutely everything I say, It's a default position of yours.

It's not a "self appointed conclusion" to state that Rovers crowds have gone nowhere in eight years, they have won nothing or been near, their academy is fourth rate and may be closed and they leak £500,000 a year. These are the facts.

From these you conclude Rovers have "made credible progress".

Your a grand old man of RL I know, I don't mean to offend you, but this is how it is. As I keep saying I say black you say white, I say red you say white. Fair enough let's agree to disagree no need for us to reply to each other.....

I certainly disagree with most of what you say but not all. I agree for instance that he 3 x 8 system is bogus.

You come from the glass is half empty view of thin gs RL and I come from the glass is half full position so it is inevitable we will disagree a lot.

Your view of Hull KR is from your half empty viewpoint. My take on it is that Hull KR have come from CC1 to SL, growing their crowds from 1,000 plus to 7,000 plus that's a 700% increase. The club made the playoffs last year. Their academy, whilst  maybe not the best is light years better than it was when it didn't exist in CC1. Craven Park was a dilapidated mess. Now it has an excellent new pitch, an expanded side stand and a brand new state of the art end stand. Money has been spent. They have a very long term lease on the ground whereas Hull rent the KC1 stadium. The losses of 500,000 are troubling but are known and Hudgell has given plenty of advanced warning to enable the club to deal with it. I am optimistic for their progress. This next season will be their first since the new stand was completed. Lets see if it has a positive effect on attendances. It certainly worked for FC when they moved the Boulevard.

Yes, I am old  but to put that into the argument is the same as saying I err because I am black or female. Their is no reason for that to be part of this or any other discussion.

I respect your contributions to this forum but I reserve my right to disagree. I am willing to bet that if we ever met we could have a beer and a real old ding dong discussion on all things RL.

I will continue to counter your points when I disagree because the Goebels effect of telling and repeating facts often enough instills the belief that they are correct has to be contested.

• westhuller likes this

#42 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

Don't think anyone else has posted this yet. Hull KR fans, what do you think? http://www.totalrl.c...ce-new-sponsor/

I'm not bothered in the slightest, Joe.

It is an extra bit of cash for doing very little for a locally-based company.

Thanks, KC. :)

#43 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,352 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Your view of Hull KR is from your half empty viewpoint. My take on it is that Hull KR have come from CC1 to SL, growing their crowds from 1,000 plus to 7,000 plus that's a 700% increase.

OK so you don't want to have a sensible debate. I'll leave you on ignore...

#44 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

OK so you don't want to have a sensible debate. I'll leave you on ignore...

Please yourself. What is not sensible about my points, pray tell ?

#45 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

My head hurts.

Please someone merge us and let's move on and watch some good "footy" in front of big crowds.

#46 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,121 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

My head hurts.

Please someone merge us and let's move on and watch some good "footy" in front of big crowds.

Urgh. Not this again.
Posted Image

#47 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

Urgh. Not this again.

Just so much wasted money in a sport and city that cannot afford it.

Taking in the NRL news ahead of the Auckland Nines and new season. Memberships up 9% across the board, massive new stadium sponsorship deal for Gold Coast, impossible to feel confident with any of my picks in any of the 16 slots, so excited by the whole strength and direction of the league as it pushes the sport forward on a global basis entirely alone.

In my home country, meantime, we have tiny teams "rubbing shoulders with" (this board's words, not mine) much bigger teams they cannot hope to emulate, all within a stone's throw of each other, zero expansion plans and a return to the archaic notion of promotion and relegation that merely bolsters the big boys at every turn. While precisely no-one in the wider public or media, quite rightly, bats an eyelid.

It's all very sad.

Enjoy your little parochial team and your little parochial sport.

Edited by DeadShotKeen, 03 February 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#48 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

Anyway, back to the stadium name...."Lightstream"

It's a shame about the spare "g" as otherwise I've discovered you can get "sh*t rl team" from the remaining letters.

You have way too much time on your hands, old friend :)

The name has really grown on me. Stadium name changes are not uncommon now. Clubs need a way to further maximise their income and in a sport desperately trying to generate futher finance, it must be only seen as a good move for us.

#49 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,352 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

Just so much wasted money in a sport and city that cannot afford it.

In my home country, meantime, we have tiny teams "rubbing shoulders with" (this board's words, not mine) much bigger teams they cannot hope to emulate, all within a stone's throw of each other and a return to the archaic notion of promotion and relegation that merely bolsters the big boys at every turn.

Enjoy your little parochial team and your little parochial sport.

Oof steady DSK. The "tiny teams" under the P & R system to be adopted now have the chance to put up or shut up, Indeed the funding "bolsters the big boys" so it may shut them up, but you may find Mr. Hudgell is aligned with the big boys and is set to receive enough money to wipe his annual £500,000 deficit off the books.

It's a bit of a game changer by the looks of it, in that the SKY money lifts some clubs with inadequate fan bases out of the red.

Enthused??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users