Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

got told its GF winner that goes up

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

a bit barmy to me, you can win 20 out of 20 finish top by 10 points then be 5 points ahead in a play off game until the last min, get beat by an injury time try and not get promoted...crazy

Posted Image

#2 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

a bit barmy to me, you can win 20 out of 20 finish top by 10 points then be 5 points ahead in a play off game until the last min, get beat by an injury time try and not get promoted...crazy

you may as well take it steady all year then go for it in the playoffs, the crazy RFL do it again

#3 Styx

Styx
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

Agree with you guys totally, but my understanding that this is for this season only, due to number changes above. Next year is two up, league winner and GF winner.  Can see you guys winning lge by long way anyway, so hope for your sake worst case scenario does not happen. Obviously I want us (All Golds) to go up but can not see it happening!

University of Gloucestershire All Golds

#4 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

I just look forward to visiting a lot of new places and enjoying the away days results will take care of themselves
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#5 Lapu Lapu Hun

Lapu Lapu Hun
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

Seems a bit crazy so better win the play offs. The only good thing is that you can see the final and the presentation afterwards.

#6 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Old news-- put this on the Forum about 2 weeks ago when I asked the question-- why bother with the league games ? -- just have a knockout competition about August.

Full details not yet known, but it could be that the league winners go straight into the Gran Final, also how many teams would be involved in the play offs. ?

#7 Bigm1

Bigm1
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

Old news-- put this on the Forum about 2 weeks ago when I asked the question-- why bother with the league games ? -- just have a knockout competition about August.
Full details not yet known, but it could be that the league winners go straight into the Gran Final, also how many teams would be involved in the play offs. ?

Do you want to finish top then? if you have to wait perhaps 3/4 weeks to play in the final while your opponents have played each week it puts you at a big disadvantage IMO. Of course the other way is you can easily get knocked out. Why can't the RFL keep it simple, top goes up!

#8 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

that would be too easy league leaders going up in the eyes of the muppets who clearly havnt got a clue how to run a pi.ss up in a brewery

total joke up at red hall.

but by end season that might have changed again and no promotion at all. who knows they dont do they the useless sh.its

:angry:

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#9 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

that would be too easy league leaders going up in the eyes of the muppets who clearly havnt got a clue how to run a pi.ss up in a brewery

total joke up at red hall. Well said John. They will change the rules to make sure London don't go down

but by end season that might have changed again and no promotion at all. who knows they dont do they the useless sh.its

:angry:

#10 Lapu Lapu Hun

Lapu Lapu Hun
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

Since when do the administrators of just about every sport use common sense? If there is an obvious easy way or a complicated, supporter displeasing way then this is the one they always choose.

#11 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Strictly speaking, promotion via the GF is the 'fairest' way of doing it, because of the uneven league fixture lists.

I completely understand the frustration though.

Posted Image

#12 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Strictly speaking, promotion via the GF is the 'fairest' way of doing it, because of the uneven league fixture lists.

I completely understand the frustration though.

It's great for york!!! we could get a few injurys before the grand final, then have a very off day and york have a very good day. Then you might have a chance of promotion
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#13 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

It's great for york!!! we could get a few injurys before the grand final, then have a very off day and york have a very good day. Then you might have a chance of promotion

The same could happen the other way round too mate. I wasn't being biased, just saying what the reasoning behind the decision was.

Posted Image

#14 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

Last year we, Oldham, were second by a clear nine points. Lost in the final. That's the way it can go and We had to wait nearly a month without a game before the play offs.

#15 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Yes but the club that was top of the league got promoted and didn't have to appear in the play offs.

#16 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Not a big deal for me to be honest if we are good enough to be top of the league then we should be good enough to win the GF either way am looking forward to the season

#17 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

Not a big deal for me to be honest if we are good enough to be top of the league then we should be good enough to win the GF either way am looking forward to the season

Try telling Fev fans that James , top of league should warrant promotion in my eyes..............

#18 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

True mate I just don't want to get sucked in to think it is a given that we will finish top just going to take each result as it comes

#19 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

Try telling Fev fans that James , top of league should warrant promotion in my eyes..............

and mine. The only positive about all of this is at least everyone knows where they stand before a ball is kicked.

#20 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

Yes but the club that was top of the league got promoted and didn't have to appear in the play offs.

yes but, two got promoted and we were the highest placed team in the play offs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users