Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

got told its GF winner that goes up

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

it's not rocket science. hunslet have 2 home games against york which means it's an unbalenced league, hence a play off is the right call

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#22 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 782 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

it will not be as easy as some of you think in championship 1 there are some good teams in there do not under estimate them
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#23 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

it will not be as easy as some of you think in championship 1 there are some good teams in there do not under estimate them

Spot on - think some people are getting a bit carried away, but I'm happy with that

#24 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

Spot on - think some people are getting a bit carried away, but I'm happy with that

Thought you lot were gonna get play offs last year. Now thats getting carried away
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#25 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

it's not rocket science. hunslet have 2 home games against york which means it's an unbalenced league, hence a play off is the right call

Your bound to be happy with play off scenario cause theres no way you'd be winning league with the squad youve got. Like I said earlier if we get loads of injurys, have a really bad day and your lot have an amazing day then you might pull off a shock and beat us
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#26 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

As a Hunslet fan I don't subscripe to the view that we we will finish top of the league as we do not have that win, win culture that is needed..

I believe that any club that finishes in top spot should go up-- haven't seen how many clubs will be involved in the play offs will it be 2, will it be 4, will it be 6, or will it be 8   - if its 8 it means that a club who finishes eighth  could be promoted no matter how many points they are behind in the league table.-

#27 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Championship One clubs are anxiously waiting to hear if they will have anything to play for in 2014...

Posted Image

#28 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Championship One clubs are anxiously waiting to hear if they will have anything to play for in 2014...

I said right at the start that clubs in championship one are probably playing for nothing this season, where does this leave clubs that have spent big this season and will be paying out winning wages most Weeks with nothing at the end of it

#29 Bigm1

Bigm1
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

4 weeks to the start of the season & we have to wait until after next Thursday's meeting to find out what we're doing.

I expect if the top club does have to play no. 10 in Championship, they'll have home advantage making it a pretty tough ask for the Ch 1 side.

Good luck to the clubs selling season tickets while this is going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users