TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury v Fev

Great opener in prospect

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

After performance today v Bradford admittedly a mixed side but still full timers, makes the opener look an enticing prospect. Hope Premier Sports don't switch the game to Monday.

If it's half as good as last season, it will be a cracker.

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

After performance today v Bradford admittedly a mixed side but still full timers, makes the opener look an enticing prospect. Hope Premier Sports don't switch the game to Monday.

Let's hope the weather is kinder to us than it was that dire night last season

Edited by Maureen T-k, 26 January 2014 - 08:13 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

I hope they move it to Monday as I'm working Sunday 

#4 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

Least we will get a good view if PS are there as we can move onto the new terracing

#5 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

yes that appeared to be a decent win today by the rams.......

#6 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

Dewsbury will go well this season definitely top four; We need to be wary when we go there; But they are always difficult to beat;

#7 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

Dewsbury will go well this season definitely top four; We need to be wary when we go there; But they are always difficult to beat;

Which of Fev, Fax, Sheff & Leigh will miss out on a top 4 finish (and Batley if you make it top 5)?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#8 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

i think fax 4th and dewsbury 5th

#9 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

A good performance by Dewsbury. However looking in the RL Express today on one page was the report and on the next page was the Bradford Squad for the coming season. In the first 17 I could only find 2 players that played and two to come off the bench. Of course Dewsbury can only play the team that oppose them but one must reckon the score would be a bit different if the first team squad had played. 

#10 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

A good performance by Dewsbury. However looking in the RL Express today on one page was the report and on the next page was the Bradford Squad for the coming season. In the first 17 I could only find 2 players that played and two to come off the bench. Of course Dewsbury can only play the team that oppose them but one must reckon the score would be a bit different if the first team squad had played.

I wasn't suggesting we'd played the first team but we usually lose to the Bulls pre-season.

#11 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

Can't wait! Detractors say there are too many clubs in the heartlands, but you can't beat travelling the short distance to Owl Lane, I can't see why they don't get more away supporters every week, roads are good and so is parking? Looking forward to seeing the ground improvements.

#12 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

Think winning more games will help increase our away support. Last 3 or 4 years have all been mainly been relegation battles. Plus the rams have now appointed a marketing manager to help get the crowds up. The rams are on a bit if a up at the moment, new stand, new electric scoreboard, lost no key players and added quality to the side and to top it all off, the clubs 5 million housing development that will generate the club with new facilities in the future to cement the clubs long term future, the clubs on the up. It's good times to be a dewsbury supporter at the moment, things are picking up.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 27 January 2014 - 08:22 PM.

#13 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,163 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Think winning more games will help increase our away support. Last 3 or 4 years have all been mainly been relegation battles. Plus the rams have now appointed a marketing manager to help get the crowds up. The rams are on a bit if a up at the moment, new stand, new electric scoreboard, lost no key players and added quality to the side and to top it all off, the clubs 5 million housing development that will generate the club with new facilities in the future to cement the clubs long term future, the clubs on the up. It's good times to be a dewsbury supporter at the moment, things are picking up.

glad to hear it, well done and good luck with your future development.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#14 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

Thank you and you too. Your club as made huge improvements over the last 4 or 5 seasons. Roll on the season , that's all I say!

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 27 January 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#15 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Good hear it, but I also think we were at crossed purposes. What I meant was that your ground is such a nice and convenient place to travel to, I'm surprised you don't get more away fans coming to your home games.

#16 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Ohh I see. I think that's the case with every club at the moment though. Fev batley and Halifax are only teams who bring decent away supports to us. All rest struggle to bring 100 fans but like I say, we're not exactly the greatest away supporters in league ourselves

#17 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

I think it will be a difficult game. It usually always is away to Dewsbury. I am looking at around 22-20 to fev.

#18 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

no i think it will be a bit more comfortable than that......fev 24-6

#19 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

Think it will close could go either way plus it's likely to be on a Monday night and probably freezing conditions like last year.

#20 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

A lot will depend on whose available due to injury. Don't forget we have to come out of the Hull match unscathed. How we gell and the weather conditions will also play a part.
Hard to predict until we know the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users