Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury v Fev

Great opener in prospect

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

Walk in the park for the Batley reserves 38 - 8 to Fev

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#22 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

naughty, piggy

Edited by oldrover, 30 January 2014 - 09:55 AM.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#23 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Think given results since your calculated pitch at guessing the score

Would you like to amend my porkie friend

;)

#24 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

OK Coolie I see where your coming from. 46 - 4 to Fantastic Fev.

you heard it here first!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#25 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

I don't think it will be that comfortable, dewsbury look to have strengthened this season and might be a dark horse for 5th spot.......always a difficult place to go on that narrow pitch. I think if we can play as we have been its a 24-6 win......the worrying thing is we have not played badly so far this year....

#26 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

No way will it be one sided. Guna be a nail brighter just like last seasons opener! Fev won't have it easy and dewsbury are going to be fired up. We've only conceded 3 tries in 3 home games against 3 string sides in Bradford cas and batley. Should be a cracking match and atmosphere but I wouldn't like to call it

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 10 February 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#27 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

i agree, already the championship is looking a better competition than superleague. losing on sunday will be considered a setback by both teams.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#28 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hopefully Featherstone main rivals
This Sunday will get off to a flyer
On Sunday

;)

#29 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

A game that could go either way; Watch out for the Rams this season; Could displace one of the big Four; Which one I don't know;

#30 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Halifax are probably the weakest out of the big 4. I expect Sheffield to get off to a poor start this season as they've quite afew forwards missing aparantly. I'd also expect no game on the road to be easy next season for any side. I know our target this year is to make the top 6 after finishing 7th last season and to do better in the playoffs. Wev not lost any key players this off season and added quality in the likes of Thackray, Godwin, Hemingway, Shane Grady, Louie sherriff and matt haggerty along with afew young kids like Joel farrel who should go well this season if pre seasons anything to go by

#31 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

Should be tasty what with all the ex rams in your ranks

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#32 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

A game that could go either way; Watch out for the Rams this season; Could displace one of the big Four; Which one I don't know;

Fev I reckon :pickeat:

#33 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

Fev I reckon :pickeat:

You've been told to stop being naughty once Piggy lol;

#34 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

Ohh I see. I think that's the case with every club at the moment though. Fev batley and Halifax are only teams who bring decent away supports to us. All rest struggle to bring 100 fans but like I say, we're not exactly the greatest away supporters in league ourselves

Leigh do too.

#35 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

Leigh bring decent support but in terms of recent years, Leigh's away support asnt been as high as they used to bring. Halifax fev batley will bring a good 500 on a Sunday 3pm kickoff Leigh 200 max in the last 2 seasons to rams. Still a lot higher then we'd bring to you though and at championship level is a good away support, a lot higher then likes of Sheffield hunslet Doncaster ect. I'd like to feel dews v fev on Sunday will be a crowd around 1500, if not more considering last seasons match, on a bitterly cold and wet Sunday night, televised on tv attracted just short of 1300. Leigh v dews at rams struggles to break 1,000 over the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 12 February 2014 - 08:26 AM.

#36 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

should be a good gate, both teams hada good pre-season, both optimistic, and fans hungry for their first real fix of rugby. looking forward to it. should be a good atmosphere.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#37 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

Should be mate, can't wait! Got this email from the club the other week, ......... 'Dewsbury Rams are currently working through the process of a small grant application to support the plans to open up the area behind the South Stand inside the stadium footprint into a more meaningful area.

At the moment the space is a “cold” uninspiring, tarmac yard with no shelter (but with toilets and refreshment facilities already in place) and the plan is to transform this area into an imaginative outdoor performance and picnic area under a sculptured canopy where local bands and neighbourhood arts groups can perform free of charge. It will enhance the match day provision and also provide a suitable area for use with the new community sports facilities which will be built adjacent to the stadium as well as a focal point for other outdoor community activities.' ........ Shame it won't be ready for the fev match, but things like this will only make our match day experience better, for both home and away supporters. Dews v fev is always a friendly atmosphere anyway. Look forward to seeing you all Sunday! :)

#38 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,420 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

Should be mate, can't wait! Got this email from the club the other week, ......... 'Dewsbury Rams are currently working through the process of a small grant application to support the plans to open up the area behind the South Stand inside the stadium footprint into a more meaningful area.

At the moment the space is a “cold” uninspiring, tarmac yard with no shelter (but with toilets and refreshment facilities already in place) and the plan is to transform this area into an imaginative outdoor performance and picnic area under a sculptured canopy where local bands and neighbourhood arts groups can perform free of charge. It will enhance the match day provision and also provide a suitable area for use with the new community sports facilities which will be built adjacent to the stadium as well as a focal point for other outdoor community activities.' ........ Shame it won't be ready for the fev match, but things like this will only make our match day experience better, for both home and away supporters. Dews v fev is always a friendly atmosphere anyway. Look forward to seeing you all Sunday! :)

Good for Dewsbury.

A Fev Blog

#39 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

sounds really good, hope all goes well for you.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#40 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

I reckon we could take up to 1k fans Sun, Everyone you talk to is going

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users