Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

South Wales Scorpions

At last -news.

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Cardiff Cymru

Cardiff Cymru
  • Coach
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

I'm getting inspiration from all levels here guys, even the negativity. I've had some good positive tweets and some funny negative ones too recently. Idiots like that just inspire us to go on.

Recently I've been enjoying the email inbox clicking with the message "Notification of Payment Received" and it's all thanks to this - http://www.scorpions...s/Article/32938

About time I updated this.

Join Rebtel for cheap international calls

#42 Cardiff Cymru

Cardiff Cymru
  • Coach
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

Our under 16s were defeated today at home to Wakefield. 6-58. Over half of them playing their first ever game of Rugby League. Jordan Gilbert with our try. Onwards and upwards and let's hope the defeat doesn't get them down too much.

About time I updated this.

Join Rebtel for cheap international calls

#43 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

We have pampered to South Wales for too Long....in it a Union Land like Widnes is a league land...

Jesus. With friends like this etc

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#44 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Our under 16s were defeated today at home to Wakefield. 6-58. Over half of them playing their first ever game of Rugby League. Jordan Gilbert with our try. Onwards and upwards and let's hope the defeat doesn't get them down too much.

Great effort considering for many it was their first ever game! From small acorns PYBC...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#45 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

We have pampered to South Wales for too Long....in it a Union Land like Widnes is a league land...

Brilliant, you just got to love the welcoming nature of the Widnes fan!!! Explain dear boy how South Wales is Pampered to... 

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#46 burnleywelsh

burnleywelsh
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

Brilliant, you just got to love the welcoming nature of the Widnes fan!!! Explain dear boy how South Wales is Pampered to...

He won't, because he can't.

#47 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

So Vikingstorm made a boo boo.... Makes a big claim, can't provide any reason to back it up, ends up looking silly....and we all laugh.

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#48 Pen-Y-Bont Crusader

Pen-Y-Bont Crusader
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

Great effort considering for many it was their first ever game! From small acorns PYBC...

Had te team played RL instead or trying to play RU for long periods the score would have been much closer.

Virtually every set someone tried to offload in the tackle and resulted in losing possession.

Nevertheless, they've been together for less than 3 weeks, the Wakey lads have been together since September. Size difference was considerable too - look on the pic on the Scorpions website and you will get an idea of this.

#49 sgorpioncaerdyddrob

sgorpioncaerdyddrob
  • Coach
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

58-18 victory today in a pre season friendly at Llandarcy Sports Academy against the Valley Cougars.A keenly contested game you might say

Edited by sgorpioncaerdyddrob, 23 February 2014 - 09:19 PM.

Cardiff Demons ARLFC www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc
Cardiff Spartans ARLFC www.pitchero.com/clubs/southcoastspartans

Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth! BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS......!

#50 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

Had te team played RL instead or trying to play RU for long periods the score would have been much closer.

Virtually every set someone tried to offload in the tackle and resulted in losing possession.

They'll learn, in time.  Great effort considering the team has been together for only three weeks.

#51 AlwaysCru

AlwaysCru
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

I think what's been achieved in a short space of time given that there were little or no resources is credit to everyone involved. I wish them good luck for the season and hope they suprise a few people.

#52 Pricey

Pricey
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Have been following this from afar for a while, having family down in South Wales but being based in Staffordshire and everything coming out of the club the last few weeks seems really positive.

For this reason, I've managed to get my Dad to book the Penderyn Distillery tour I bought him for Christmas for the morning of Sunday 30th March which will allow us to have a wander round there and then drive down to Maesteg for the Hemel game. My old man and I both watch the game a fair bit but don't really have any club loyalties whereas the respective wives may struggle with the rules but will hopefully enjoy a good day out. If you hear two Midlands accents trying to explain extremely basic rules, you'll know it's us and I apologise in advance but well done on the ticket pricing anyway. £8 a head as I've booked online is superb and let's hope for a good game.

#53 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

Have been following this from afar for a while, having family down in South Wales but being based in Staffordshire and everything coming out of the club the last few weeks seems really positive.

For this reason, I've managed to get my Dad to book the Penderyn Distillery tour I bought him for Christmas for the morning of Sunday 30th March which will allow us to have a wander round there and then drive down to Maesteg for the Hemel game

I hope that you enjoy your visit to South Wales. You will be very welcome.

I am sure that your father will enjoy the golden liquid. It's the best..

#54 Pricey

Pricey
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

Cheers Swansea Jack. We thought ahead on the morning's entertainment and that was part of the reason for inviting chauffeurs!

Good luck Sunday and hope we can bring you some luck in four weeks' time as well.

#55 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Isn't Maesteg where the local school is pulling up trees in Rugby?
Better to be in a small town where the locals are on side rather than a big town where they are completely indifferent.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#56 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

You will enjoy the Penderyn tour Pricey and Welsh whisky is very smooth, but you must get a bottle of Merlin while you are there - like Baileys but better for me. Try the Ice cream as well. Give yourself a good hour to get to Maesteg though, especially if the weather is bad, but it is a very scenic trip. Meastegs's ground its self is also the most scenic place I have ever watched Rugby League. Great tale about how the ground came to be known as the 4 7's as well?

Edited by Celtic Rooster, 01 March 2014 - 03:46 AM.

#57 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant I Pawb.

#58 sgorpioncaerdyddrob

sgorpioncaerdyddrob
  • Coach
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

Diolch Ceiliog Celtaidd. A home win on St. Davids Day weekend would be very welcome, not expecting much more than 100% effort this season.As John Rhino says we need to get the 'buy in' of the town in Maesteg that we never had in Neath, the bigger fish in a smaller pond scenario might just be the ticket, and back in the old Bridgend County Borough which may appeal to the old Celtic Crusaders fans who drifted away after the side left. I was a bit sceptical about the move to Maesteg at first, particularly in it's commercial appeal to potential backers and fan generating purposes given the smaller population.Hopefully today should answer a few of those questions 

Edited by sgorpioncaerdyddrob, 02 March 2014 - 09:52 AM.

Cardiff Demons ARLFC www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc
Cardiff Spartans ARLFC www.pitchero.com/clubs/southcoastspartans

Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth! BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS......!

#59 DlEHARD

DlEHARD
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

I wish all clubs especially expansion clubs had non ticketed memberships so I could support them financially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users