Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Attention AR Members

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

We think it's because it's the closed season, the response to our request to suggestions has been poor. So we would like to say here if any AR member has any suggestions how we might use the monies we have generated in 2013, please submit them by email to the Amber Ribbon at our email address.

#2 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

We think it's because it's the closed season, the response to our request to suggestions has been poor. So we would like to say here if any AR member has any suggestions how we might use the monies we have generated in 2013, please submit them by email to the Amber Ribbon at our email address.

I haven't emailed because I am not really bothered about how it is used, provided it benefits the club. Maybe we could kick some ideas around on here. The only reservations I would have would be if it were ploughed into the community rather than the team/club, which I don't see as the AR's remit. My best suggestion at the moment, would be to help fund the new fence.

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,416 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

I haven't emailed because I am not really bothered about how it is used, provided it benefits the club. Maybe we could kick some ideas around on here. The only reservations I would have would be if it were ploughed into the community rather than the team/club, which I don't see as the AR's remit. My best suggestion at the moment, would be to help fund the new fence.

Yep, I agree with Grumpy on this. Anything to assist in general ground improvements would be great.

(No doubt we will disagree come the real season kicking off! :angel:  )

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#4 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

How about running chargable competitions so you gain from what you spend.

For example, you could offer a season ticket as a prize and charge £2 entrance to a draw/quiz/whatever. This would mean the club get the money from purchase of the season ticket and the AR gets money back from entrance. You might not get £115 back, but you would get perhaps half of it. In any case the money has gone into the club.

A second and perhaps more difficult idea would be to save the money and eventually purchase a mini bus that could be used for away games or various other AR projects.

Is the new stand sponsored? That would be the most logical and simple way forward giving the club direct access to the money and giving the AR regular exposure.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#5 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

Yeah towards ground developments like the new fence would be good or even decorating the southstand bar walls in club colours and get afew tables and chairs in there. Looks alittle dull in the southstand bar at the minute. Could even decorate it with fans pictures and old photos from games gone by once the walls have been painted or papered

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 28 January 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#6 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

A new mike for the after match speeches would not go amiss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users