Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

We've signed Jordan Grayston

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 749 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

Glenn Morrison has tweeted to confirm the acquisition of Jordan Grayston on a one-year deal.

He played for us against Keighley, but was named on official team-sheets as Grayshon.

Grayston is a 22-year-old full-back, who spent last year in Australia with Mackay Cutters. They were InTrust Super Cup Premiers in 2013.

Former Hull KR players Joel Clinton, Jason Netherton and Dave Petersen played for the Cutters last year, as did USA RLWC2013 player Bureta Faraimo and a couple of Wales internationals.

Jordan is originally from Wakefield.

Mackay Cutters profile

News article from this time last year

Edited by Tom Coates, 28 January 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#2 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Seems a good signing for us. Payed well at keighley by all accounts. Any news on the lad from Celtic or Marcus Elliot? Shame we don't have a 2nd team really

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 28 January 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#3 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

RAMS CONFIRM LATEST SIGNING AS GRAYSTON MAKES THE MOVE

Dewsbury Rams would like to confirm that they have strengthened their squad even further with the addition of 22 year old Jordan Grayston who has signed for the club on an initial one year deal.

Grayston mainly operates as full back and will provide further competition for an already competitive squad. Jordan started his career with Wakefield Trinity Wildcats and moved to Australia for the 2013 season where he played for the Mackay Cutters before deciding to return home at the end of last season.

Rams Coach Glenn Morrison had this to say of Grayston –
“I coached Jordan at Wakefield’s Under 20's two seasons ago where he was a stand out player earning contract offers in both the UK and Australia. He finished in 4th place in Fastest Man of League sprint contest also that year. Jordan then decided to take a one year contract in Australia and subsequently had talks with 2 Super League clubs but I am delighted he has chosen to rejoin myself and signed with the Rams. He is a real attacking threat from full back or out wide and will add more depth to our squad in those positions. He is also a very good goal kicker. He played 20 minutes for us in the friendly against Keighley and showed his skill scoring our opening try. I'm looking forward to see how he does in the Rams’ colours.”

Jordan was equally upbeat about his move to the Rams –
“Knowing Morros (Glenn Morrison’s) coaching styles and experience influenced my decision to sign and after seeing some of the signings it was a hard offer to turn away from! I want to see us up there with Featherstone come the end of the year and hopefully come away with something. I am absolutely delighted with the offer and looking forward to a good year.”

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#4 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

Seems a good signing for us. Payed well at keighley by all accounts. Any news on the lad from Celtic or Marcus Elliot? Shame we don't have a 2nd team really

I'd say an excellent signing. Couple of wildcats mates were gutted when he and Adam slater went to Oz- and they reckon he can motor, so he would be good cover for the wings too. Things are getting better and better. :yes:

#5 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

Great signing looks like he will play on the wing. Can't wait for season to start.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#6 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Our teams looking like the best team in years we've recruited well this time

#7 sadram

sadram
  • Coach
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

its a good time to be a ram ,all the news comeing out of the club is positive, onwards and upwards.

Posted Image

#8 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 378 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Has he played for NSW Country as well ?

#9 The Shark

The Shark
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

Grayston was sacked by the Cutters very early on - not sure why but there is also a news article about him getting in trouble with the police. He didn't play any games in the Queensland Cup, he only played in the local league in Mackay.

#10 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

Apparently it was due to antics whilst out for Mad Monday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users