RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

matthew haggerty

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

when we first signed haggerty there were a few disparaging comments about the lad .having now seen him a couple of  times i think there might be a lot more to come from matthew . its my honest opinion that from what ive seen in the short gametime so far that he could reach top level in  the game given time and luck with injuries .

#2 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

I wasn't too sure when we signed him but fair play to him he played well against Batley and again against Bradford so he could be a good signing.

He likes to lead with the forearm a bit so and he doesnt mind the fisticuffs so might miss a few games mind!!
Posted Image

#3 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

He stuck up for rob spicer on Sunday he's a big unit if we can get the best out of him I think we will have a good forward on our hands

#4 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

Rough had a bears a.r.#.#
And twice as ugly

But becoming a fan's favorite

Great work young man keep it up.

#5 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

Yeah I remember a barrow fan bagging him saying he was ###### so they loaned him to Oldham, they might live to regret it with a bit of luck. He's a tough forward just what we lacked last season.

#6 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

Are you smoking crack.......He was poor in a Raiders jersey every time i watched him. I will pop back on here later on in the season and see if you guys have the same opinion.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

He's enjoying himself at dewsbury though , don't think he was happy the last couple of seasons. I think he's been one of our best forwards so far , if not the best. Although maka was awesome Sunday. Defo doesn't shy away from work or a fight which will make him a crowd favourite

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 29 January 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Are you smoking crack.......He was poor in a Raiders jersey every time i watched him. I will pop back on here later on in the season and see if you guys have the same opinion.

Do you have coaching at Barrer?

• graham fisher likes this
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

No trying to keep off the stuff,don't worry I think rams will keep you up to date on how he's doing. UTR

#10 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

we had him for 2 seasons at whitehaven in champ1 and he was average at best then got bullied against tough props so what the barrow fan said is right

#11 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Not bothered what any other fans think il judge him in a Dewsbury shirt.
He as certainly impressed me at the moment.
  • Eddie_Rombo likes this

#12 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Exactly jimmy, wel judge him in a dews shirt. Maybe the long traveling from Leigh to Cumbria was part of reason he struggled to make an impact? Not exactly a short journey to have to do every week and then do 80 minutes graft

#13 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

On plus side to he's got the the Lancashire based crew travelling other with him which we will always help.
  • Eddie_Rombo likes this

#14 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

It's also worth noting that once upon a time out own fans at dewsbury didn't rate Leeds second row ian Kirke when at the rams as a youngster. He's ended up being at Leeds years and won many honours with them. Maybe he just needed a new challenge with a closer to home club and a coach that as faith in him ?

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 29 January 2014 - 05:47 PM.

• Eddie_Rombo likes this

#15 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Too true Chris

#16 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Wouldn't say Kirk was a class player at Dewsbury.. Far from it

Fair play to the lad came all the way from hornsea for training and his knee was a constant niggle in his development..,

Was at the club at the wrong time along with brough

The Fisher years :(

#17 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

Exactly coolie, but he ended up a decent player. Like haggerty could be for us. Just making a point to the haven and barrow fans that just because his time in Cumbria didn't work out, it doesn't mean it won't at dewsbury .

#18 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

I actually thought kirke was good for us I said to a few people that him and Broughy would play super league and some people laughed but I proved them wrong ha

#19 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Am I hearing things right,a barrow & Whitehaven fan agreeing on something!!!! Like a few of the fans have said we'll judge him in a rams shirt,so far so good

#20 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

That is all you can do is judge a player playing in your colours, it was just my opinion from his time at the Raiders. Good luck to the lad.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users