Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

matthew haggerty

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

when we first signed haggerty there were a few disparaging comments about the lad .having now seen him a couple of  times i think there might be a lot more to come from matthew . its my honest opinion that from what ive seen in the short gametime so far that he could reach top level in  the game given time and luck with injuries .

#2 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

I wasn't too sure when we signed him but fair play to him he played well against Batley and again against Bradford so he could be a good signing.

He likes to lead with the forearm a bit so and he doesnt mind the fisticuffs so might miss a few games mind!!
Posted Image

#3 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

He stuck up for rob spicer on Sunday he's a big unit if we can get the best out of him I think we will have a good forward on our hands

#4 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

Rough had a bears a.r.#.#
And twice as ugly

But becoming a fan's favorite

Great work young man keep it up.

#5 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

Yeah I remember a barrow fan bagging him saying he was ###### so they loaned him to Oldham, they might live to regret it with a bit of luck. He's a tough forward just what we lacked last season.

#6 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

Are you smoking crack.......He was poor in a Raiders jersey every time i watched him. I will pop back on here later on in the season and see if you guys have the same opinion.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

He's enjoying himself at dewsbury though , don't think he was happy the last couple of seasons. I think he's been one of our best forwards so far , if not the best. Although maka was awesome Sunday. Defo doesn't shy away from work or a fight which will make him a crowd favourite

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 29 January 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Are you smoking crack.......He was poor in a Raiders jersey every time i watched him. I will pop back on here later on in the season and see if you guys have the same opinion.

Do you have coaching at Barrer?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

No trying to keep off the stuff,don't worry I think rams will keep you up to date on how he's doing. UTR

#10 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

we had him for 2 seasons at whitehaven in champ1 and he was average at best then got bullied against tough props so what the barrow fan said is right

#11 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Not bothered what any other fans think il judge him in a Dewsbury shirt.
He as certainly impressed me at the moment.

#12 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Exactly jimmy, wel judge him in a dews shirt. Maybe the long traveling from Leigh to Cumbria was part of reason he struggled to make an impact? Not exactly a short journey to have to do every week and then do 80 minutes graft

#13 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

On plus side to he's got the the Lancashire based crew travelling other with him which we will always help.

#14 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

It's also worth noting that once upon a time out own fans at dewsbury didn't rate Leeds second row ian Kirke when at the rams as a youngster. He's ended up being at Leeds years and won many honours with them. Maybe he just needed a new challenge with a closer to home club and a coach that as faith in him ?

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 29 January 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#15 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Too true Chris

#16 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Wouldn't say Kirk was a class player at Dewsbury.. Far from it

Fair play to the lad came all the way from hornsea for training and his knee was a constant niggle in his development..,

Was at the club at the wrong time along with brough

The Fisher years :(

#17 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

Exactly coolie, but he ended up a decent player. Like haggerty could be for us. Just making a point to the haven and barrow fans that just because his time in Cumbria didn't work out, it doesn't mean it won't at dewsbury .

#18 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

I actually thought kirke was good for us I said to a few people that him and Broughy would play super league and some people laughed but I proved them wrong ha

#19 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Am I hearing things right,a barrow & Whitehaven fan agreeing on something!!!! Like a few of the fans have said we'll judge him in a rams shirt,so far so good

#20 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 517 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

That is all you can do is judge a player playing in your colours, it was just my opinion from his time at the Raiders. Good luck to the lad.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users