matthew haggerty

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 S5 Ram

S5 Ram
  • Facebook
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

Ive felt the last few years we have been getting bullied a bit! I know its not a part of the game but when the lads have a one in all in attitude it creates a strong team ! . It would be nice for people to come to us and be intimidated for a change.

#22 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

Not bothered what any other fans think il judge him in a Dewsbury shirt.
He as certainly impressed me at the moment.

Q. Would an average player look good in:

a/. A good team

b/. A rubbish team

You can always depend on the Pigmiester to spell it out for the less able in our community Jimbob

Ps I hear Mary-Ellen is knocked up again? Still that will increase yer crowd figures by one even if the poor kid has webbed feet and eight toes ;)

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#23 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

What i do know is Batleys num 16 that was putting it about on Boxing Day soon went into hiding when he came on.

#24 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

Q. Would an average player look good in:

a/. A good team

b/. A rubbish team

You can always depend on the Pigmiester to spell it out for the less able in our community Jimbob

Ps I hear Mary-Ellen is knocked up again? Still that will increase yer crowd figures by one even if the poor kid has webbed feet and eight toes ;)

Well we'll find out when Keegan Hirst turns out for fev won't we ? ;)

#25 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

It's not the colour of the shirt with a player

Example

Gareth Moore which ever shirt he wears
he will always be s.h.I.t.e

I rest my case ;)

#26 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

I always thought Ian Kirke would do well and I cannot recall him having a poor game whilst with us. Wasn't aware though, that he travelled from Hornsea; I thought he was a York lad.

I want to see what Haggerty is like when the season proper gets going, before I comment on his ability; likewise Louis Sheriff.

Edited by Crown Flatter, 30 January 2014 - 04:17 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#27 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Well said crown flatter just what I thought

#28 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:44 AM

I thought he looked impressive on Boxing Day.

#29 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:15 PM

Are you smoking crack.......He was poor in a Raiders jersey every time i watched him. I will pop back on here later on in the season and see if you guys have the same opinion.

Saints like him...

#30 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

I have posted the following on the official club announcement about Haggarty and had forgotten about this thread.

Is this a surprise, or did some of us see something like this coming?

Reading the article it looks like our club has done well from the deal, other than losing the player from 2016. I am sure we all wish Matthew Haggarty well in the higher league and hope he gets his chance in the first team at Saints.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#31 ramsfandan

ramsfandan
  • Coach
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

Saints like him...

will the compensation fee be announced tom mate? sounds like we,ve done well. good luck to matthew as well

#32 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

will the compensation fee be announced tom mate? sounds like we,ve done well. good luck to matthew as well

I don't think any figures will be disclosed but then again the main part of the deal is that Saints pay his wages for 2015 while he plays for us, and we get the potentially lucrative friendly at he start of next season.

Again, I'm not sure of an exact figure but I think Batley did pretty well out of their friendly at Saints when they signed Walmsley.

Edited by Tom Coates, 09 February 2015 - 12:57 PM.

#33 ramsfandan

ramsfandan
  • Coach
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

I don't think any figures will be disclosed but then again the main part of the deal is that Saints pay his wages for 2015 while he plays for us, and we get the potentially lucrative friendly at he start of next season.

Again, I'm not sure of an exact figure but I think Batley did pretty well out of their friendly at Saints when they signed Walmsley.

cheers tom

#34 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:52 PM

I don't think the exact figures were ever released, but I would suspect that both deals would be fairly comparable! Well done to the lad and good on Dewsbury for doing well out of the deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users