Schoey tips Bradford and London for the drop

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

Readers of League Express may have already seen this, but here's what our outspoken columnist - and former GB star - Garry Schofield thinks the bottom half of the 2014 Super League table will look like: http://www.totalrl.c...tes-relegation/

Do you agree or disagree with his predictions?

TotalRL.com Editor
Email: joe.whitley@totalrl.com
Direct line: +44 (0) 1484 404 921

#2 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

always said that schoey spoke sense........

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

Thats got to be a confidence boost for both London and Bradford IMO.

#4 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

Their off-field issues will outweigh what talent they do have on the pitch.

The key phrase for me, and I can understand why the on field and off field issues can't completely be seperated. If it was purely on field I'd think we'd be fine as it stands with a similar sort of season to last year, but who knows what the next few months will hold.

If London stay up it'll be genuienly one of the most impressive "against all odds" stories in modern sport IMO.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#5 St Reatham

St Reatham
  • Coach
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

For some reason I don't think London will finish in the bottom two this season. What will be come of them though I've no idea.

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

I hope they stay up just out of spite. I'm sure he's rubbing his hands with glee over the idea of London getting relegated

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#7 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

Either London and Bradford or London and Wakefield. It's not really a bold call, is it?

#8 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

Predicting London and Wakefield isn't going to grab much attention. Throw Bradford in there and it gets tongues wagging. Much like Clarke's prediction of Salford winning Super League, it's designed to stimulate debate.

#9 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Wakey and Cas for the drop for mine

#10 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Wakey and Cas for the drop for mine

One of the two maybe, not both. London are nailed on for one spot.

#11 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

London to call Disney because they are a Mickey Mouse outfit?

With the amount of money Disney can afford to throw away on #### films like The Lone Ranger, they should be so lucky.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#12 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,374 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

Agree with everything Schofield says about London.

But I hope they prove him wrong.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#13 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

Who cares what Big Fat Garry Schofield thinks anyway?

As a pundit he is useless, but as a motivator of the teams he rubbishes, he is without equal.

#14 Martyn Sadler

Martyn Sadler

League Publications Ltd

• 2,897 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

Agree with everything Schofield says about London.

But I hope they prove him wrong.

Ditto!

#15 Martyn Sadler

Martyn Sadler

League Publications Ltd

• 2,897 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

Who cares what Big Fat Garry Schofield thinks anyway?

As a pundit he is useless, but as a motivator of the teams he rubbishes, he is without equal.

As a pundit he is usually correct.

That is what is so maddening about him.

#16 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

The key phrase for me, and I can understand why the on field and off field issues can't completely be seperated. If it was purely on field I'd think we'd be fine as it stands with a similar sort of season to last year, but who knows what the next few months will hold.

Have to agree, having not paid vast amounts of attention to the squad, and having heard all the doom and gloom of the off season, I was surprised when I had a look at the team and cant see the Bulls finishing bottom two with the squad they have. That's on the basis that the off field matters don't affect the team too much.

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

Have to agree, having not paid vast amounts of attention to the squad, and having heard all the doom and gloom of the off season, I was surprised when I had a look at the team and cant see the Bulls finishing bottom two with the squad they have. That's on the basis that the off field matters don't affect the team too much.

We're definitely a prop short and a little thin on experience outside the top 20 or so. Although we are rumoured to be linked with PNG's Mark Mexico but visa issues are apparently holding him up.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

As a pundit he is usually correct.

That is what is so maddening about him.

Is he?

Maybe you should ask Andy Farrell's opinion?

#19 indomitable

indomitable
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

I have the feeling he never watches Bulls, every revue of them he only mentions Gale. As usual at the end of the season revue he stated Bulls only had Gale, unfortunately Gale was absent due to injury when Bulls had their good run, and when Gale came back it was clear he wasn't fully fit. I note in his final revue he reckons Hull should have signed Gale. I find Millward's revue are much better balanced, I have yet to see Schofield's predictions that correct.

#20 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

Yeah, I would say that Gale was pretty underwhelming for us last year and we certainly played better without him so the constant praise from Gary Schofield of him in last year was a bit off -I'd say Danny Addy was a better half than him in 2013.

Hoping for better things this year though from Gale - I know it's only a friendly but against Hull last week was probably his best game in a Bulls shirt. Let's hope he can do it when it counts as he has the talent, but IMO he's yet to prove it at Odsal.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users