whitehaven v thunder

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Our 2nd friendly this sunday see's us travel to whitehaven to play the championship side..this will be alot tougher test than york away and will give us another very good indication of how well we are progressing...boom boom thunder army!!

#2 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

We have added aaron ollett and sonny esslemont to our squad from hull kr for this game, ollett played alot of games for us on duel reg from kr last season, alot of injurys after the york game so we needed some more players in.

#3 Aubrey Boyce

Aubrey Boyce
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Your guys played well just run out of steam last 20. Plus you fans are nuts Kevin Boom Boom never shut up first half

#4 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

How many rovers players where playing yesterday just the 2 you mentioned or was there more and aubreys right that big lad never shuts up hope stan the man gets you promoted good luck next season

#5 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Yes kev is a great guy great supporter we made a bit of noise haha we did play well your experianced players came on 2nd half and we tired and could tell you were in league above us, was very proud of our performance 1st half was very good indeed, yes 2 from kr aaron ollett and sonny esslemont other 16 players are our own, we had injurys so stanley gene got the 2 from kr to help out, looks promising for this season, roll on 9th march oxford at home...boom boom thunder army!!

#6 Aubrey Boyce

Aubrey Boyce
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

Keep that squad fit plus some HKR guys and you should be up there

#7 snapperc

snapperc
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

Match Report from thunderrugby.com for yesterday's game:

Whitehaven 24 v 16 Thunder

Thanks

Paul

Media Assistant/Club Photographer

Gateshead Thunder

#8 snapperc

snapperc
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

Keep that squad fit plus some HKR guys and you should be up there

I really hope so, fantastic game yesterday and I enjoyed speaking to one or two of your fans before, during and after the game as I was doing my offical job :)

#9 Defender

Defender
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Thunder Army you say 16 of the players were your own I am lead to believe a few are from Hull amateur clubs, how many are actually home grown North East lads, Tyneside, Teeside

#10 snapperc

snapperc
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

Defender to answer your question, the following players out of the 16 that are signed on Thunder Players, who are are from the North East, are as follows.

Tom Capper (Northumbria University) - I know he only studies there and is a Yorkshire lad but we picked him up locally :)

James Pocklington (former Thunder Under 18's, Jarrow Vikings and Sunderland ARLFC)

Josh Stoker (Former Thunder Under 18's, Gateshead Panthers)

Alex Ruff (Former Academy and Durham)

Oh! and we have a nice production line of talent coming through the ACE Programme (currently headed up by Andy Kelly), through Gateshead College's Player Pathways programme and through many local amateur clubs (we have 19 teams developing talent in the NE) in the region

#11 snapperc

snapperc
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Oh and in the overall 2014 Squad I've missed two pretty important talents:

Matty Barron (Former Gateshead Panthers)

Rhys Clake (Former Thunder Under 18's and Gateshead Panthers) - Oh and he's had 12 months at York and 2 years at Whitehaven before coming home...

Not sure if these two count, but they're adopted Geordies now:

Jason Payne (been with Thunder 6 Years now!)

Joe Brown (been with us for about 6 years too)

So 5 (argument for 8 ) out of our total squad is North East produced, not bad for a side that is only 14 years old :)

Edited by snapperc, 06 February 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#12 Defender

Defender
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

Did I hit a raw nerve, I only asked the question when he said 16

#13 Defender

Defender
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

As said I was only asking a question

Thunder v Whitehaven
Capper, Pocklington, Stoker, Brown all from NE played

Booth, Puckering, Hough, Fewless, Ollet, Esselmont, Krebs all from Hull played and these were the ones I recognised

Will be interesting to see how many more Stanley will import

#14 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Yes i was saying 18 that played v whitehaven that 2 were from hull kr the other 16 are gateshead players for this season wasnt talking about them being from the north east or not

#15 Defender

Defender
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Thanks TA, best of luck for the season to all at Gateshead

#16 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

Thanks defender

#17 snapperc

snapperc
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

As said I was only asking a question

Thunder v Whitehaven
Capper, Pocklington, Stoker, Brown all from NE played

Booth, Puckering, Hough, Fewless, Ollet, Esselmont, Krebs all from Hull played and these were the ones I recognised

Will be interesting to see how many more Stanley will import

Booth, Puckering, Esslemont are new additions this year.

Hough, Fewless, Ollett and Krebs all played for us last year. Only Esselmont and Ollett are actually dual reg players the rest are actual signed on Thunder Players :)

Oh and I wasn't being defensive I was just answering the question you posed as throughly as I could ;)

Edited by snapperc, 07 February 2014 - 11:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users