RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wakey on Sunday

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

should be another good test, be good to see Jimmy Keinhorst and Richard Moore back at the SLS if selected.Lets hope the weather gods are kinder than last week...

Posted Image

#2 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

Should be a very tough test, playing a full-strength Super League outfit. Hope it stays competitive.....

#3 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

couldn't get to the Rhinos game as you know Steve but after watching the highlights I was very impressed with the Defence and in particular it was great to see John Oakes playing like I know he can he put some good hits in and made Grimmers try. The whole squad is gelling nicely and these competitive friendlies are just what the lads needed to hit the league games fully focused and fighting for a starting spot because they know there are people geared and ready to step in if there form isn't up to standard. Speaking to Danny Kirmond he knows they have to up there game so we can expect a full first team doing there upmost to impress Richard Agar before their season gets under way so if our lads play like they did against the rhinos then im sure they will be tested to the limit and I bet the lads cant wait see you Sunday mate.

chappy

#4 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Looking forward to the game on Sunday, should be quite interesting.  If Wakey perform like they did at Featherstone then I think it will be a close game and I honestly think Hunslet are in with a chance.  But if Wakey come out with guns blazing and eager to make up for that dismal display at Featherstone then it should be quite tough for us.

We never find out team selection until Saturday which is a shame but I anticipate some changes this week.

I hope Watson keeps his spot at FB as he had a solid game last week, not sure Kain is fit, but if Kain comes in I expect Bricky will drop out and Watson will go to centre.

I think Hoody will get a call up and Canterbury will drop out with it being a SL team. 

Not sure if March will come in, but will go LF if fit.

Davies will come in to the pack.

If both Coyles are fit would you drop Ansell? 

Prediction: Hunslet 14 Wakey 24

Edited by Gazmeister, 31 January 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#5 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Agar includes eighteen of his first team squad and three members of the under 19′s Academy with Dean Collis, Paul McShane, Andy Raleigh, Chris Annakin, Jimmy Keinhorst and Jon Molloy not included due to injury.

The Wildcats squad in full is:

Richard MATHERS

Peter FOX

Lee SMITH

Reece LYNE

Paul SYKES

Ali LAUITIITI

Danny KIRMOND

Danny WASHBROOK

Matty WILDIE

Richard MOORE

Taulima TAUTAI

Kyle TROUT

Lucas WALSHAW

Daniel SMITH

Jordan CROWTHER

Max JOWITT

Ben SHULVER

Luke BRISCOE

Corbyn KILDAY

Jack ANDERSON

Tom JOHNSTONE

#6 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

will it be even on , this rain is ridiculous again.

Posted Image

#7 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

will it be even on , this rain is ridiculous again.

They've moved the game to the sls swimming baths Steve..............

#8 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

I'd probably take 14-24.................

#9 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

60 on that lot no worries

#10 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

Hunslet 20 - 40 Wakefield.

#11 Normy

Normy
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Another good game lots of promise and exciting handling. Best I have seen in a long time. Come on the Huns! 

#12 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

2nd half gave us hope . 1st half we matched them in middle of park but last third we were clueless.got into plenty of positions today which we will score from in our division. Wake were poor really and will struggle this year although bull s and London will probably finish below

#13 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

loads more positives again today, held a strong wakey line up to 0-6 for 25 mins. An unlucky dropped ball from a decent passing move  led to an intercept try to make it 0-12 and the floodgates looked to have opened as 0-12 went to 0-28 at half time.A tremendous second half by us when Grimmer came on, a brilliant try when Wilson broke through from Grimmers pass and put Brickwood over in a move sweeping 65 yards,  a class offload from Lyons to put Bricky in for another and a strong effort from Davies got us 3 tries plus another in the last min when a kick ricoched off the post and we actualy won the 2nd half 20-12.Great team spirit once again, Tebb and Canterbury look 2 very promising hookers and Wilson getting a game at last looks the buisness.The defence again put in some great hits but on a day when Sykes converted virtually everything for Wakey our goalkicking is pretty woeful.Thats the only downpoint for me.

Posted Image

#14 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Maybe we should borrow the rhinos kicking coach !!!

#15 Wakey Hawk

Wakey Hawk
  • Players
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

Thought it was an all round good performance against a full super league squad. If we continue to play like that especially in the ball handling we should romp that league. I see only a difficult season ahead for Wakefield

#16 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Players
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

couldn't get to the Rhinos game as you know Steve but after watching the highlights I was very impressed with the Defence and in particular it was great to see John Oakes playing like I know he can he put some good hits in and made Grimmers try. The whole squad is gelling nicely and these competitive friendlies are just what the lads needed to hit the league games fully focused and fighting for a starting spot because they know there are people geared and ready to step in if there form isn't up to standard. Speaking to Danny Kirmond he knows they have to up there game so we can expect a full first team doing there upmost to impress Richard Agar before their season gets under way so if our lads play like they did against the rhinos then im sure they will be tested to the limit and I bet the lads cant wait see you Sunday mate.

Eye up suzzy. Grandson now playing for Wakey, so went along to watch the game. Had to forgo the Fev match, but I cannot split myself in two.. Enjoyed it although to be quite frank, i think that Wakey will struggle this year. Plenty of first team present, but looked very vulnerable at times and for all their size, the pack did not make the yards against lighter opposition. Danny had a fair decent game and was responsible for making a couple of tries. The back flick out to the wingman in the second half was brilliant ball play.Best of luck for the coming season.  Bob Crowther.

#17 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

Eye up suzzy. Grandson now playing for Wakey, so went along to watch the game. Had to forgo the Fev match, but I cannot split myself in two.. Enjoyed it although to be quite frank, i think that Wakey will struggle this year. Plenty of first team present, but looked very vulnerable at times and for all their size, the pack did not make the yards against lighter opposition. Danny had a fair decent game and was responsible for making a couple of tries. The back flick out to the wingman in the second half was brilliant ball play.Best of luck for the coming season.  Bob Crowther.

Hello Bob hope you are well pleased about your grand son. Good win for the Rovers against Hull but im sure you will admit Hunslet v Wakey was worth the admission fee. The back flip pass wasn't our Grimmer Bob I think it was Aaron Lyons who passed it but im not quiet sure. Went to my old stomping ground New Years day and was really pleased with the new stand Covo and his lads have done a great job.
chappy

#18 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

It was indeed Lyons that gave that magic ball

#19 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Players
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

Hello Bob hope you are well pleased about your grand son. Good win for the Rovers against Hull but im sure you will admit Hunslet v Wakey was worth the admission fee. The back flip pass wasn't our Grimmer Bob I think it was Aaron Lyons who passed it but im not quiet sure. Went to my old stomping ground New Years day and was really pleased with the new stand Covo and his lads have done a great job.

Hi suzzy. I, along with a team of about six, dismantled and brought all the metal over from Scarborough last summer. Did a bit of painting at this end until weather broke and have not been involved since. At eighty, now leaving it to the young uns !!!. Feel sympathy for the founder clubs. The funding being dished out to the grasping SL should be filtered down to the grass roots. My other grandson plays for Sharlo and they suffered a snub by not being invited to the Challenge Cup. (I could go on all day). Tell Grimmer to keep going. He certainly lifted them when he got onto the park.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users