#22 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Not to nit pick

But!!

And we all know piggy has a hard spot( well it's not much bigger) for a "BUT"

Game called off Friday waterlogged pitch (which after walking thru Earlsheaton park I can understand) but since the declaration of this fact it's hardly rained and another friendly planned for next Saturday where more torrential rain is forecast
not only is the game not on a usual matches... But a Saturday night where if anything is booked the royal suite would be unavailable..

We have now to put our lives on hold, change our plans and brace ourselves

That at any moment of any minute or any hour this week... The game could be called off also if played the field could be ruined for the Featherstone match

Wasn't this the reason the Doncaster game was called off???

To save the pitch???

Just find it a odd decision
;)

Edited by coolie, 01 February 2014 - 10:51 PM.

#23 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

Coolie if the Rams arranged to play the Rhinos in your back garden whilst you were waited on hand and foot by a dozen fair maidens you'd still complain about summat! Face it your getting old and turning into a miserable old git!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#24 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

Coolie if the Rams arranged to play the Rhinos in your back garden whilst you were waited on hand and foot by a dozen fair maidens you'd still complain about summat! Face it your getting old and turning into a miserable old git!

Mi gardens waterlogged mate ;)

:)

#25 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

Mi gardens waterlogged mate ;)

Our pitch is water-logged but Mount Unpleasant has a lake at the bottom of theirs  :onthequiet:

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

Our pitch is water-logged but Mount Unpleasant has a lake at the bottom of theirs :onthequiet:

that lake is filled by the tears of dewsbury fans at their ongoing demise and failure to beat Batley :onthequiet:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

that lake is filled by the tears of dewsbury fans at their ongoing demise and failure to beat Batley :onthequiet:

We shall see in April. I hope you and the other Batley fan aren't too upset  :tease:

#28 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Our pitch is water-logged but Mount Unpleasant has a lake at the bottom of theirs  :onthequiet:

Ha.  It rather contrasts with the lake you tend to have which laps gently up to the beach you have at the first sign of rain. Anyway, your annual predictions of you finishing above us have yet to be backed up by any evidence yet!

#29 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

That lake at the bottom of there pitch is where batley fans wet themselves when they got to a grand final!!!!

#30 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

That lake at the bottom of there pitch is where batley fans wet themselves when they got to a grand final!!!!

Is that the one with the only trophy in 83 years.

#31 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

Get yourselves there and then that will give you the chance to do the same!

#32 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

That's the one. I do believe your team were in the same competition but didn't get as far as us! However, the last competition you won, we couldn't enter as we were in the division above! Unless of course you count the Roy Powell Trophy, and your team of all conquering superstars couldn't even beat our stand-ins on Boxing Day.

#33 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

Done 2 grand finals winning 1 losing 1,as for losing to your stand ins boxing day I think you'll find they were your duel reg,who were your better players!

#34 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Done 2 grand finals winning 1 losing 1,as for losing to your stand ins boxing day I think you'll find they were your duel reg,who were your better players!

Actually I would take issue with the DR players being better. Do you honestly believe a team full of young U20's would beat a team that finishes in the top five of the Championship? Really? Thanks for the Dewsbury RLFC history lesson by the way, but I was already aware of your success thanks. If you want to talk about past success, where do you stop? You lot keep comparing your 10 years old + GF victory against our NR final victory. But surely it's now that matters! Or can I throw in our 100 year old + CC final victories?

#35 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

Don't forget peeps

In the year 2000

We won more trophies that season

Than Batley won in their entire existence

That gotta be hard to swallow ;)

#36 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

Don't forget peeps

In the year 2000

We won more trophies that season

Than Batley won in their entire existence

That gotta be hard to swallow ;)

It keeps me awake at night!

#37 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :focus:  there you go... you nearly managed a week without mentioning the one trophy. it must a really got to you this one trophy.

#38 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

Which trophy is this???

If I remember rightly

The last trophy you had any chance of a sniff of

Vanished in 40 scintillating minutes of rugby league... Not played by yourself may I add

So what trophy is it again???!

;)

#39 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

Shame on you BSJ causing all this trouble between neighbouring fans with your controversial thread.   Doncaster (H), eh, bound to get people excited. 

#40 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Shame on you BSJ causing all this trouble between neighbouring fans with your controversial thread.   Doncaster (H), eh, bound to get people excited. 

<hangs head>

:scratchhead:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users