How many teams get relegated?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 422 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

It would be nice to know where we have to finish to go into SL2 next year, or relegated to C1 before the kick-off. 

The C1 GF winner gets promoted, which means the bottom 5 go down.But if Toulose come into SL2, 6 will go down.So our target will probably be top 8.

#2 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

For all concerned, it's imperative that the club receives a definitive answer very soon from the RFL, but I woldn't hold my breath!

After their relegation this year, York was assured (by the RFL )on a route being open to the new 12 team Championship at the end of this new season.  One option was automatic promotion for being Champions.  That would mean replacing the 10th placed team to add to the 2 relegated from SL and 5 relegated to the new C1. Toulose or not, that is the other question!

#3 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 991 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

For all concerned, it's imperative that the club receives a definitive answer very soon from the RFL, but I woldn't hold my breath!

After their relegation this year, York was assured (by the RFL )on a route being open to the new 12 team Championship at the end of this new season.  One option was automatic promotion for being Champions.  That would mean replacing the 10th placed team to add to the 2 relegated from SL and 5 relegated to the new C1. Toulose or not, that is the other question!

My head hurts

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#4 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

Don't bother asking the RFL, they have no say in the matter anymore, the Super League chairmen now have all the power and they will do as and when they want to!  We now have a different set of lunatics running the asylum.

When 2 clubs leave SL  next season where will that money go?  With them to shoe up the leagues below, not a chance it will be just more to share out between the other 12.  Noses in the trough time.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#5 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

The old " Lions led by Donkeys " phrase springs to mind. For me Super League was the worst thing that ever happened to the game.

#6 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

The old " Lions led by Donkeys " phrase springs to mind. For me Super League was the worst thing that ever happened to the game.

It just keeps getting worse as well!

The new contract has been signed for the TV rights instead of considering the offer and giving other interested parties a chance to 'join the race'.  BT beat SKY to the Premier League rights but  were not even asked to bid for ours.  Typical!!!

Add to that Premier Sports getting their noses shoved out of joint by this new deal, they've decided not to carry on this season with the Championship games.

I weep for this game!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#7 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

Already cancelled my Direct Debit for Premier Sports, I will ring them tomorrow and inform them. I am sure they are going to tell me I have to give a months notice, I shall be asking them where is my months notice that they are not covering Championship Rugby in 2014, after all, that is what their advert said they were covering when I signed up.

They have just spat the dummy out because they did not (rightly or wrongly) get a look in. Good mind to contact Trading Standards and ask the question is it legal to advertise a service and then change the goal posts mid contract without any prior notice.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#8 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

Have to agree with Tyrone,Super League is a misnomer,there`s nowt "super" about it,and never has been. Thank god it got booted out here in Australia,though I must admit there were "compromises" after the war in 1997,but they (News Limited) didn`t get to run the game like they have in the UK. How any organisation can only look after the top flight and not appear to give a hoot about the rest of the game,has me shaking my head,but as Puggy says,it`s just a question of how much money the loonies want to pay themselves,the rest can go and sing for their meagre pickings. Now this multi million pound deal has just been done for the television rights,Super League will continue to bleed the game dry. What a shame.

#9 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 991 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

Bottom 5 go down according to the newsletter.

Going to be a struggle methinks but certainly not impossible.

Lets enjoy it.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

#10 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

I'm with you PD

Tough ask to finish in the top 9, but we have earned the right to have a go, and have a go I'm sure we will, and I will enjoy every moment.

Kind Regards

The Baron

#11 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

When 2 clubs leave SL  next season where will that money go?

Based on 2014 final positions and new structure, funding for 2015:

Tier 1 

12 SL Clubs:           £1.825m (each)

Tier 2

2 relegated SL Clubs:             £788k, £787k

Top 2 Championship Clubs:   £550k, £500k

Next 7 Championship Clubs + C1 Champions: Between £250k and £150k *

Tier 3

Bottom 5 relegated Championship Clubs and what survives C1: 75k (each)

I seem to recollect that the original proposals provided also for a £250k parachute for each of the 2 relegated SL clubs and £25k each for the bottom 5 clubs in our division.

Presumably, these are off the table and that the £150k* above is solely for the C1 champions?  About as level a field as that one in Scotland yesterday evening.

Still time for the RFL to change track, especially if Toulouse rears up again.

Let's hope we can manage the top 9 - a tall order, but lots of incentive. I guess many clubs will be pushing that to the limits and beyond!

#12 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

I'm with you PD

Tough ask to finish in the top 9, but we have earned the right to have a go, and have a go I'm sure we will, and I will enjoy every moment.

Kind Regards

The Baron

We'll be wise not to try and bet the farm on staying up. Let's give it our best shot but let's also live to fight another day.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces, 09 February 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#13 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 991 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

Very true Tyrone, the one consolation should we not manage to stay up but go down I suppose would be the expanded championship 1, 

More games making it a more meaningful C1 I think.

But I've every faith in Tol to keep us up, let's go get 'em.

Edited by PooingDog, 10 February 2014 - 07:28 AM.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

#14 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

Shame the Hunslet game was called off, pitch looked playable to me (at 2.00pm). We would have had more of an idea just where we are at I think. 

Don't think there are any plans to play this trophy game with the season starting next week so we will have to wait until next season  (he confidently predicted)

I believe Oldham and Swinton went ahead at Sh*tebank, I was pondering how this could be so, then realised CH must have sown his crop of earlies and needed a game to trample the seed in LOL.

Kind Regards

The Baron

#15 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 991 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Yes Barron, that and the fact that the pitch at sh(tebank slopes and the rain just runs off  ;)

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users