Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

new structure & sky money

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

as oldham fans.....what we think of whats gone on in recent days/weeks??

from my point of view....we're a promotion away from a decent chunk of sky tv money,potentially £600,700,800k per season.....

which is good

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#2 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 627 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

Potentially good, but chicken and egg I'm afraid. Need money to improve facilities but might be denied promotion, and said money, without improved facilities. However let's just focus on promotion and then see what the future brings.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 31 January 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#3 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

i didn't want to turn it into a whitebank debate....but ya right....

we need to level the pitch,tarmac everything bar the pitch,build a basic,but functional changing room block (with hot water), upgrade the floodlights, build a basic seated stand down whitebank rd side of the ground and a small terrace at the club house end of the ground...

imo thats the bare minimum we need to be allowed up

OLDHAM RLFC

#4 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

i still think having some kind of "supporters trust membership scheme" would be the quickest way to raise funds...

firstly convince CH to give the "supporters trust" 49% of ORLFC

membership to the trust cost £20 a month...for that £20 you get free admission to all league home games & academy games,free coach travel to away games,xx% off merchendise,monthly meetings,monthly lottery,first choice on tickets (should that need arise).....you get the gist...

200 member would bring in nearly £50,000 a year.......400 nearly £100,000

its a option that has to be explored in my opinion....

OLDHAM RLFC

#5 D1041

D1041
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

And no promotion equals

#6 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 782 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

But you lose all the the other income from the things you are giving away free.I'm all for supporters trusts having elected representation at board level and feel it is the way forward at this level.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#7 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:35 PM

the only "free thing" would be the away coach...the cost of this could be met several ways....eg...say the members generate £48k per season...give the club the £40k and the trust keeps the £8k to cover away travel & lottery wins..for example...

obviously the finer details would be hammered out at trust meetings...not on here lol....

but it has the potential to be a huge revenue generator for the club.

OLDHAM RLFC

#8 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:50 AM

just reading the MEN from friday...says FCunited have recieved a grant of £300,000 from the government,from the department for communities & local government,who said they where "pleased to support it because of the benefits it would bring to manchester"

£300,000 spent on whitebank would make it not a issue regurding whether we're allowed up...

OLDHAM RLFC

#9 Stagger Lee

Stagger Lee
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

I wonder if with all the grants available from local / county and EEC for health and sports surely something could be got?

It would break everyone's heart to be finally promoted and then be refused on a technicality.

Once (if) we move up that sky money will transform the club.

Edited by Stagger Lee, 11 February 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#10 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

The new structure if it works as it should will make all the leagues more competitive, something to play for right to the end of the season for all clubs. I said to a few people that promotion last season wasnt imperative due to these changes being mooted. Personally with five down from the Championship i think the promoted clubs will struggle to make the top 9, that would have included us if we had gone up, its a big jump to the top 9 of the Championship! With the new changes implemented, its probably better to keep building as we are, to hopefully when the time comes avoid a yo-yo situation, plus the Champ 1 from next season will be even more competitive and a "better" league than it is currently with better supported teams, the route to the hallowed ground of SL has been established and now there is a clear pathway for progression, im confident that overall it will benefit RL as a whole. The time now is to slowly sort the ground out and build the club on solid foundations to hopefully keep the club stable for the future, i guess only time will tell what happens from here but its a start, as Stagger says its worth every avenue to try to get funding for improvements, maybe involve the college and get people on building courses etc to build some terracing or proper changing rooms? Any help would of course be great, the future of ORLFC could be very bright indeed and i for one hope we progress to be a top 8 Championship club over the next few seasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users