Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Premier Sports Goodwill gesture to RL fans

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Just rang premier sports to cancel as they no longer show the championship games, and have been offered the channel for £3.99 a month to stay as a goodwill gesture - so now get the NRL games for less than half price.

If anyone is staying with them just for the NRL make sure you ring to cancel on the grounds they arent showing championship games and you should get offered the reduced rate.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

Just done it.. nice heads up. £3.99 till April and can then evaluate the subscription again.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#3 Jack Russell

Jack Russell
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Cheers buford, just done the same. Monies saved. Everyone needs to follow to show a sign of strength.

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Still free on Virgin at least until the end of February.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

I think they are getting a few calls, went straight into a speech about the NRL when I went to cancel.  (TBH I only got it for the world cup and was going to cancel anyway before the Championship was dropped).

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#6 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

I cancelled this morning too but just missed the payment anniversary so will have it until after the nines which is nice.

Declined their special offer, there is only so much Rugby you can watch. Signed on for Sky sports again though. Must say sky's website is sweet, move the slider against the channel you want and it's ready to watch in minutes.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#7 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

Thanks Buford. They offered me the lower price straight away.

#8 cjp0349

cjp0349
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

Standard Premier Sports procedure I think to offer potential cancellations £3.99 a month for three months.  I subscribed for the minimum 2 months specially for the NRL/Championship Grand Finals and of course the World Cup and was offered this deal when I called to cancel back in November. The female call handler actually got a little shirty with me when I flat refused the offer and whisper it quietly they never charged me for the second month!! 

#9 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

This deal is still being offered and the operater almost sounded desperate that I didn't cancel fully.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users