Bulls in admin and out of

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

Bulls in a change of ownership entered administration and after being bought came out of it straight away.Question to be answered next week should they take a points loss.

#2 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

The RFL said last year if I'm not mistaken anybody going into administration would get points deducted,6pts super duper league,championship & championship1 clubs 9pts

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

Not good to start a vital season on minus 6

Edited by Piggy's mate, 31 January 2014 - 02:18 PM.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

No sympathy PM if it was a championship club they would've had points deducted bybnow

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

No sympathy PM if it was a championship club they would've had points deducted bybnow

Do you have any basis for that statement GF?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

Do you have any basis for that statement GF?

Oh no the Red Hall Stasi are on to us GF :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#7 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Could be playing Bradford more regular next season they might even become our feeder team haha :)

#8 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

Way I look at it championship clubs get points deducted no hesitation,Gateshead 9pts, whithaven 9pts,Keighley 9pts & Doncaster 9pts all were relegated & nobody batted a eyelid, so what makes super league clubs different!!

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Way I look at it championship clubs get points deducted no hesitation,Gateshead 9pts, whithaven 9pts,Keighley 9pts & Doncaster 9pts all were relegated & nobody batted a eyelid, so what makes super league clubs different!!

You said that it would have happened "by now" yet the same due process was involved in all of these cases as will be for Bradford. They appear before the RFL next week to explain their position and I fully expect them to get a points deduction for the coming season.

Also SL clubs can only have their SL licences revoked which is quite different from being relegated. I know that paranoia is always a useful trait to have at our level but it helps when it is tempered by the facts.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

I agree with everything you've said,it saddens me when I see what's happening to this great game of ours,I just hope the restructuring of the game works out!

#11 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Why do clubs in our league get 9 point deductions and SL only 6? Barrow got chucked out of the league for breaking salary cap blind side jonny but I noticed not too many years ago when Wigan were in the SL relegation dog fight and broke the salary cap to make sure they had enough quality to stay up, they never got chucked out, and the got the points deduction the following season if I'm not mistaken? I seem also to remember some fans forums saying that Jamie fieldens wife was on a far bigger wage at jjb sports than Jamie fielden himself at Wigan (although that may just be a joke or rumour)

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 31 January 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#12 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

[quote name="DEWSBURY TIL I DIE" post="2873065" timestamp="1391201680"]

Why do clubs in our league get 9 point deductions and SL only 6? /quote]

:lol: I knew someone would fall for this one, and no surprises it would be DTID :lol:

We play for 3 points SL play for 2 ;)

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

I agree with everything you've said,it saddens me when I see what's happening to this great game of ours,I just hope the restructuring of the game works out!

Bradford's demise isn't really anything to do with the structure of the game or its governing body - it's due to chronic ongoing financial mismanagement which probably dates back to the late 90's when they were at their on-field peak. Massive player wages and idiotic ticketing gambles which failed to pay off - all during an era when clubs were receiving unprecedented amounts of financial support by way of central investment.

Posted Image

#14 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Bradford's demise...

Demise? Have they gone already?
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#15 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

Demise? Have they gone already?

No, why?

Posted Image

#16 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

[quote name="DEWSBURY TIL I DIE" post="2873065" timestamp="1391201680"]

Why do clubs in our league get 9 point deductions and SL only 6? /quote]

:lol: I knew someone would fall for this one, and no surprises it would be DTID :lol:

We play for 3 points SL play for 2 ;)

Everybody thinks your a thick Batley fan but you must have a bit of Rams in you.

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

Everybody thinks your a thick Batley fan but you must have a bit of Rams in you.

I am from Shawcross Tranqualizer but I can assure you no ram has put alittle bit of anything in me..... although Coolie tried once!

#18 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

I am from Shawcross Tranqualizer but I can assure you no ram has put alittle bit of anything in me..... although Coolie tried once!

And succeeded too ;)

:)

#19 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

I agree with equaliser :)

#20 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

You said that it would have happened "by now" yet the same due process was involved in all of these cases as will be for Bradford. They appear before the RFL next week to explain their position and I fully expect them to get a points deduction for the coming season.

Also SL clubs can only have their SL licences revoked which is quite different from being relegated. I know that paranoia is always a useful trait to have at our level but it helps when it is tempered by the facts.

Doubt that many posts on the Forum are tempered by facts

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 01 February 2014 - 10:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users