Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bulls in admin and out of

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Law of average's dear puppies

It will happen ;)

#42 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

I am from Shawcross Tranqualizer but I can assure you no ram has put alittle bit of anything in me..... although Coolie tried once!

If i remember rightly is that the poor part of Hanging Heaton.

#43 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

no its the posh part of Dewsbury......no hoodies :ph34r:

Edited by RPH, 02 February 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#44 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Back in the day

It was called " royal Shaw cross"
It where all dewsbury's finest were born and grew up

Famous nights with the local madhatters
and countless nights of ping pong in the famous boys club... With a cup of bovril
after training,a place with its very own underground that ran from the pit side to the black bridge side

All these places now lost to the chapters of time.

But Shawcrossites...

Never forget their roots,nor the royal blood that flows thru their veins

;)

#45 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

Didn't hapen boxing day, won't happen at Easter, aon't gonna happen 2014

Happy Chinese new year to you PM - this year it's the year of the horse - everywhere in the world  except Batley, where looking at the squad, it's still the year of the donkey. Don't bother opening your fortune cookie piggy lad - it's as empty as my head, your up and coming season and a politicians promise. ;)

#46 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

no its the posh part of Dewsbury......no hoodies :ph34r:

I live up Hanging Heaton but near Shaw Cross, they're both nice places.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#47 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Here's a few for starters - all using the word 'demise' to describe the decline in fortunes of organisations and individuals whom are still very much in existence ;http://www.telegraph...omplacency.htmlhttp://www.dailymail...st-sparkle.htmlhttp://www.businesss...d-nokias-demise
If you would like me to post a few more to support my point, just ask.
In reference to your other request - which was to provide 'the meaning' of 'ongoing', please see the link below. However, I've got to say I'm a little surprised that an obvious wordsmith like yourself doesn't aleady know what the word in question means? Of course, there is the possiblity that you do know what it means, and that you're simply trying to make another pedantic point?http://www.oxforddic...going?q=ongoing

So you attach three articles (one of which couldn't be read as it just threw an advertisement over it), but no story, from the thousands you indicated you could offer. So I get the picture, but cannot agree it fits in the Bradford situation.

I'm no wordsmith or grammarian, but do like to consider the use of our language and, yes, I am not clear of the meaning of the American word 'ongoing'. It does not tell the reader if it means continual or continuous.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#48 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

I can see the demise of this ongoing debate coming sooner rath  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#49 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

I'll be surprised if they get a points deduction with so much at stake this season for the bottom 2 in super league

If relegation ever does happen that is

;)

When it comes to super league,RFL & sky

The combination doesn't ever fill me with confidence

;)

#50 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,678 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

The RFL said last year if I'm not mistaken anybody going into administration would get points deducted,6pts super duper league,championship & championship1 clubs 9pts

Under the new policy document the penalty for an Insolvency Event (administration) is supposed to be getting increased to 12 points for SL clubs and 18 points for Championship clubs.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#51 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

Under the new policy document the penalty for an Insolvency Event (administration) is supposed to be getting increased to 12 points for SL clubs and 18 points for Championship clubs.

Que DTID and his iffy calculator :lol:

#52 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

Que DTID and his iffy calculator :lol:

I went to the same school as joey Essex and jimbob ram ;)

#53 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Latest news is that Jarrod Sammut has left Bradford for the financial tranquility of Wakefield.

Good job that we've got a stronger squad this year I believe.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#54 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Now reading about the latest from Odsal we should be thankful that we aren't expecting anything from DR this season.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#55 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

You couls always step-up and show your commitment to the partnership by taking the -6 points for them :angel:

#56 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

Bradford's own doing, can't say I care. The money grabbers have done it to them selves and then have cheek to have a go at the rfl for deducting them points when the rfl bent over backwards to help them last season. If the bulls do go bust, this could be big for the rams as we may get our dewsbury born and bread bulls supporters supporting there own club, especially if we keep winning matches and playing well. Can't see the bulls surviving this but I hope the rfl stick to there guns and don't get blackmailed by the potential new owners into scrapping the bulls points deduction. Don't like no club going under but the rfl community raised thousands to save the bulls, the rfl even purchased odsal to save it, they wouldn't do that for us or nobody helped us when we was in need and the bulls fans wouldn't give a monkeys if it was us. No sympathy from me, sorry to be harsh but it couldn't have happend to a better club! ( although I wish the bulls players all the best in getting paid and finding new clubs)

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 25 February 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#57 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:17 AM

From what it says on the Totalrl News page the potential new owners who have withdrawn from the deal with the Administrator are suggesting that the new set up was to be a completely different club, with new owners and new management, and as it wouldn't be related to the old organisation in any way the points deduction shouldn't be applied.

Fine, so rejoin the league in Championship 1 and work your way up, like other potential new members of the league have to do.

I don't take any pleasure in the demise of any club in the Rugby League, but this assumption of a divine right to be where they are rankles a bit. There will be others besides myself who are old enough to remember that this isn't the first time Bradford have been in this position.

#58 DewsburyRuss

DewsburyRuss
  • Facebook
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

Can`t understand anyone kicking up a fuss over this?? If you go into administration its to help clear the debts and stabilise finances because you are no longer able to look after yourself... It doesn`t matter how long it takes for a buyer to come in. The fact is that over a prolonged period of time you spent above your means... If a person gets themselves a CCJ on the Tuesday because they couldn`t afford repayments on a loan agreement then wins 5 million on the lottery on Wednesday so can pay the repayments should the CCJ be annulled? No... The fact of the matter is they overspent chasing "the dream" A little bit of Rugby League history for you.... The only reason Bradford have a professional rugby league team is because the rest of the Northern Union clubs rallied round after the original club left the Northern union to join the newly professional and more lucrative Football League... The original Bradford played in claret and amber amd are now known as Bradford Park Avenue... they completed the first season due to the rest of the Northern Union rallying round with donations, us donating our team kit from the previous season... that`s why they were called Bradford Northern and why they play in red Amber and Black. So hard done by?? I don`t think so... the rest of the rugby league world has done enough to keep them alive already.... End of rant

Edited by DewsburyRuss, 26 February 2014 - 12:07 PM.

#59 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

Not one to kick a bull while it's down

But

They went into administration
And came out.. With the New board
which resulted in a 6 point deduction

My point

With the New board pulling out...

The club are in the hands of the administrator's again

So not wanting to sound picky

But shouldn't that mean another points deduction for going back into the hands of the administrator??

#60 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

As I said on another thread

It clearly said the bulls had gone into and come out of administration
And was in the hands of New owners

After been hit with a 6 point penalty (for me justified)

Resulting with the New owners pulling out
and now been run by the administrator's while a new buyer is found

So their back in administration and should result in another points deduction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users