Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Rams 18 Castleford Tigers 0 - discuss the game here

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

We have arranged to play Castleford Tigers at the Tetley’s Stadium on Saturday 8th February kick off 7.30pm. Castleford’s fixture against Featherstone Rovers last weekend was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch and they are therefore planning to bring pretty much their first team line up for the game. A Saturday evening fixture is a very rare event for the club but with the club’s function rooms being unavailable during the day on Saturday and Sunday the clubs opted for the evening kick off.

Details of admission prices etc will be released early next week.

Edited by Tom Coates, 09 February 2014 - 03:14 PM.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#2 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

Should be a good contest playing cas first team and should set us up nicely for the fev match. That's if it's on off course, the snow asnt come yet !

#3 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

Well done to the club on their initiative and think a Saturday evening might be popular, after all it's either rugby, Splash! Or The Voice.....

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

after all it's either rugby, Splash! Or The Voice.....

Good ooint WR I'll be there also to ee the Rams scalp another superdooper team by 30 on their march to World Club champions

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

Good ooint WR I'll be there also to ee the Rams scalp another superdooper team by 30 on their march to World Club champions

good to see you coming on board more and more piggys` would you like us to officially inaugurate you as honorary coolies ##### . 

#6 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

Nowt but a hammering should quell the embarassing arousal around the place

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#7 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

good to see you coming on board more and more piggys` would you like us to officially inaugurate you as honorary coolies ##### .

I've heard about your inaugurations behind the burger bar behind the longstand and theres far too many behinds for my liking!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#8 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

Nowt but a hammering should quell the embarassing arousal around the place

Just imagine how insufferable we'll be if we win - be a bit like the dogs forum last year. :tongue:

#9 silcoates

silcoates
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

I've heard about your inaugurations behind the burger bar behind the longstand and theres far too many behinds for my liking!

Now to get back to a sensible discussion, i'd prefer the rams to play a lesser team next week, like batley[chuckle].

we don't want any injuries coming to the first game against the rovers.

o.k i know the cas fans are good drinkers and all that.

It's going to be tough season for every club trying make sure they don't get relegated.

all efforts should be the lads trying to win that first game against the fev.

And keith    are friends at  touther side  are annoying at times aren't they.ha  ha. 

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,237 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

Which will be the stronger team, Cas or Fev?

:orc:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Which will be the stronger team, Cas or Fev?

:orc:

fev by far,cas will just have a run out and go thru a few moves and look at a few players fitness, were as fev are going to be the ones to beat this year, for all the work thats been done off the pitch will be no good if the team dont perform 100% all season,i do think the fev squad will come out massive this year as they have one hell of a team. my tip for the top and i really think you need a 20 point start when fevs in town and that will go for a few teams this season inc us if our playmakers dont fire right,defence is all well and good but if we fail to score everytime we get into their 20 then its all hard work for nothing as the likes a fev,fax,and leigh sheff can score at will and even make it look far too easy sometimes, cant wait to get started this year as its going to be a cracker and if we finish 5th it will do me.all the best for 2014.

#12 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

I think Fev will be slow starters this year. New players and coaching staff , that said I think they are a good bet for the GF. I think Leigh will go well this year , Fax I think will drop down to 5th or 6 th. I think Harrison will be the first coach to be sacked.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#13 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hope they get the pricing right for this game.

I have 4 friends (two wakey and 2 Fev supporters) who said they will go if tickets are a tenner or less.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#14 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,237 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

Cas's result yesterday shows that we might well be in for a lesson, and Fev's result should make everyone in this division gulp just a little.

I still think that 5th is a realistic target, I'm just not betting that we'll achieve it.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#15 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,237 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Hope they get the pricing right for this game.

I have 4 friends (two wakey and 2 Fev supporters) who said they will go if tickets are a tenner or less.

Highly unlikely John!

You having four friends that is.

:kissing:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#16 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

Think a tenner would be a fair price.We know these friendlies are beneficial to the bank but a tenner sounds good.

#17 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

6 days to match day

And we're still guessing??

Are we playing "think of a number with Johnny rugby ball"

What equations are been worked on thru the night to come up with the admission price

(Stephen Hawkings voice)

Today's admission price in to the game will be!!!!

Come on we don't need a nuclear physicist
To tell you???

Or I'm I moaning about the obvious again??

;)

#18 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

From memory, I think MS said that we would wait until Cas indicated the strength of squad that they

would be sending before deciding on the admission prices - seems reasonable to me Coolie.

Perhaps the Organisation that you manage has superior decision making processes from which the Rams

could benefit?

#19 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

From memory, I think MS said that we would wait until Cas indicated the strength of squad that they

would be sending before deciding on the admission prices - seems reasonable to me Coolie.

Perhaps the Organisation that you manage has superior decision making processes from which the Rams

could benefit?

shouldent take much thinking at all,people make plans for a weekend and price should be up now, if i go shopping and their aint a price i dont ask as its most probably too dear. should be a cracking game and a tenner would bring in a few more bodies i should think.

#20 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

So will Castleford be naming their team

A hour before the kick off then

;)

Edited by coolie, 03 February 2014 - 05:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users