TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Rams 18 Castleford Tigers 0 - discuss the game here

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

I think it will be on probably a full strength Cas team and there fans are likely to travel so Mark Sawyer will be thinking money be very surprised if it is off this week.

#42 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

What are the chances of the game being on, considering its not stop raining all week.

touch and go fridays bad through to sat morning.Then it will pick up.Hope its on but aint bothered if its not.Its too near start of season for me.

#43 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

The Featherstone Globetrotters won't be happy if you chop your pitch up and prevent them playing their champagne rugby :fie:

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#44 Boltonram

Boltonram
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

Cas squad for Saturday http://t.co/5HDrCYoeTp

Not as many experienced players as expected.

#45 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

The Featherstone Globetrotters won't be happy if you chop your pitch up and prevent them playing their champagne rugby :fie:

Well this season ain't they going to go unbeaten and clearout all the silverware available

Well that's according to Mr roarke & tattoo

Well Featherstone will be playing their games on his beautiful island ain't they ;)

Edited by coolie, 06 February 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#46 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Rams 12- Cas 0 half time

#47 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

Rams 12- Cas 0 half time

18-0 up now 7 mins left

#48 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

Full time 18-0 . Another great effort. Next Sunday will be interesting!

#49 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

Big thanks to everyone that came along tonight, the weather was terrible and it was absolutely freezing cold.

I am sure you will all agree that yet again the boys did us all proud and that we are certainly shouting from the rooftops thus far.

Next up - Featherstone.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#50 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

yep decent game.why we got rid of tom hemingway i will never know he had a blinder. you have a few big  lads that did what was needed,hagerty will be a dews hero by end a season the way he takes ball in and looks after his teammates. tommy g still as a bit a pace for big lad too and had a good game, cas dropped far too much ball and were playing to impress mr powel for a shirt so made far to many mistakes, good night out and i reckon dewsbury will be well up in the top 6 this season all day long.

#51 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Well done tonight makes next week very interesting as both clubs have had a good season

Get ready for the excuses now it wasn't Cas first team Your ground is too small etc

#52 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

Fev will be a different proposition but its always a tough game at dewsbury.

#53 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

yep decent game.why we got rid of tom hemingway i will never know he had a blinder. you have a few big lads that did what was needed,hagerty will be a dews hero by end a season the way he takes ball in and looks after his teammates. tommy g still as a bit a pace for big lad too and had a good game, cas dropped far too much ball and were playing to impress mr powel for a shirt so made far to many mistakes, good night out and i reckon dewsbury will be well up in the top 6 this season all day long.

We didn't 'get rid' of Hemingway. He was offered an excellent contract by Dewsbury and opted to leave.

Posted Image

#54 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

What was the attendance last night?

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#55 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

731 approx John I read on twitter

#56 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

coolie, on 09 Feb 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

731 approx John I read on twitter

Good result that. Match report on Cas site says they took mostly kids, fringe players and injury returnees - which accounted for their defeat - Oh ! and it was a muddy pitch. I assume the pitches will be better when SL start summer rugby next week. I agree that we can't read much into friendlies, and things will become a little more clear when we've played Fev, but I'm becoming more convinced by the week that GM can maybe walk the walk.

#57 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

i counted 13 players with squad numbers, which means they are full time whether 1st choice or not. the bench were youngsters. good display dewsbury, i was impressed by Haggarty. looking forward to next sunday.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#58 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

Based on the fact we could only score 18 against Cas' youngsters, should we be concerned about our attack? I don't care, it was a thoroughly enjoyable game in those conditions and our defence was excellent again. It could have a greater score had Hyde not decided to take on the full back and lose the ball in the tackle, when he had men either side of him. I thought Hale showed a great turn of pace for his try.

Chris Leatherbarrow, the referee, controlled the game to SL standards, allowing Cas to be offside and hold down at the tackle; so much so that we adopted the same tactics, to a lesser extent and suffered for it. He gave a couple of odd decisions, both play on, when Cas knocked on with the ball shooting forward, only to say it went backwards! The other incident was from our kick in our own half and the player was clearly taken out, the ball kicked on and just went dead; the ref ordered a twenty metre tap to Cas.

Next Sunday should be very interesting and I hope the lads are as committed as in these friendlies; I am sure they will be. Is this first game already potentially our game of the season?
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#59 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Thought the lads were outstanding I think Thackeray looks a really good buy just what we needed. Haggerty looks another good buy he's really aggressive.

#60 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

Interesting to note that when the official team sheet was posted on the Castleford Tigers Facebook page, a big win for the Tigers was predicted by their fans! Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users