Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Hunslet72

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Sgt looks up to ant and dec

#22 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Sgt looks up to ant and dec

correct. It was either those 2 or your Mate GH. No contest.

#23 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

You must have been in the bar upstairs. You cannot have been watching hunslet too long then because the atmosphere was none existant. I know y are all trying to be positive seeing the good things that are happening. But your die hard supporters who have kept the club going for years are now leaving.

#24 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

Not really a die hard fan if you leave are you?

#25 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

Clearly Hawksnest was not at the Leeds game because there was plenty of atmosphere there but let's not talk about that full coach going to Rochdale so things can't be that bad
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#26 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

Clearly Hawksnest was not at the Leeds game because there was plenty of atmosphere there but let's not talk about that full coach going to Rochdale so things can't be that bad

Clearly you don't know hawksnest. She was supporting hunslet in the darkest days
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#27 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

Not one Leeds Rhino player to be seen and still the apathy amongst some so called fans (who probably would be happier if Hunslet no longer existed) continues but deep down I don't think that is the case with the majority of them. Staying away is obviously their choice but not one of them has come forward with any other logical solution that would bring in the revenue or the fan base to keep the club viable. The team is how they wanted it no Rhino,s squad taking the place of a signed Hunslet player which is good So why spite your face not shouting on the team you always loved because of politics but life and Hunslet goes on which again is a good thing.
chappy

#28 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

Who as mentioned those across the river I just think its a shame that people are staying away and I can understand why, yes I was at that game I have not missed a game in years except fev on new years day cause I was on holiday . I don't need anyone preaching to me about making money for the club I have done more than my fair share and a lot more. I just want Hunslet to be Hunslet that's from a loyal fan who as watched them for the last 40 years. I would like to see the old crowd back down the naughty forty lot as they have disappeared.

#29 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

Not one Leeds Rhino player to be seen and still the apathy amongst some so called fans (who probably would be happier if Hunslet no longer existed) continues but deep down I don't think that is the case with the majority of them. Staying away is obviously their choice but not one of them has come forward with any other logical solution that would bring in the revenue or the fan base to keep the club viable. The team is how they wanted it no Rhino,s squad taking the place of a signed Hunslet player which is good So why spite your face not shouting on the team you always loved because of politics but life and Hunslet goes on which again is a good thing.

I agree with some of your points. I personally have now missed two matches that I would have usually attended but I honestly haven't been bothered. You ask about suggestions on increasing revenue yet I have been told on here that I won't be missed and that what I contribute amounts to a couple of pints etc. I have purchased a season ticket for as long as I remember so that revenue has gone. I spent around £40 per home game in the bar and on half time draw raffles etc. I would never buy from a company where a director said he could do without my business so as far as I'm concerned that person has cost the club money so maybe the club should take a look at it's customer care strategy if they are struggling for much needed funds!

#30 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Which director was this?

#31 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Which director was this?

sent you aPM

#32 Sampson for Knighthood

Sampson for Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Who as mentioned those across the river I just think its a shame that people are staying away and I can understand why, yes I was at that game I have not missed a game in years except fev on new years day cause I was on holiday . I don't need anyone preaching to me about making money for the club I have done more than my fair share and a lot more. I just want Hunslet to be Hunslet that's from a loyal fan who as watched them for the last 40 years. I would like to see the old crowd back down the naughty forty lot as they have disappeared.

Good post, agree with everything said there :-)

F T Q

Celtic FC - SPL winners 2012/13

#33 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

There is no reason for Hunslet not to be Hunslet Hawksnest the squad is good enough to compete in this league without ever thinking of using D/R and I would love to know why the Naughty Forty would contemplate not watching this team or any of the old crowd as you put it I admire your loyalty to the club and it people like yourself that keeps our great game going respect
chappy

#34 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

maccca-6-, on 03 Feb 2014 - 3:21 PM, said:

Clearly you don't know hawksnest. She was supporting hunslet in the darkest days

Clearly she don't know me either seen plenty of dark days myself not having anyone insinuate I am not a proper supporter no matter who they are if all the diehards have left does that mean I'm a puppet?
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#35 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

James I do know you very well sold u a few raffle tickets. I am not disrespecting anyone. The club is meant to be run by the supporters but they do not listen to the supporters they have a voice which should be listened to. If anyone is interested there is a Facebook page called hunslet supporters myrtle through and through some good stuff on there.

#36 shrek1

shrek1
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

we are supposed to be a supporters run club if this is the case why are we not being listened to when we say we don't want to be involved with the rhinos...??????

MUCSONIHREHTKCUF..! have it large

#37 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

Clearly she don't know me either seen plenty of dark days myself not having anyone insinuate I am not a proper supporter no matter who they are if all the diehards have left does that mean I'm a puppet?

James where has anyone mentioned you in all this?

#38 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

Unless I hear different, everyone is welcome at the club. If you choose to stay away as a protest, that's your choice. If you don't like how the club is run, then join the board, or use the forum, constructive criticism is always welcome.

What doesn't help is bleating on about how things were ten years ago, you can't go back in time.

Look around you, the club hasn't been more Hunslet for years. No D/R players on the pitch, and some great team spirit.

The reason why we have had to rely on help from another club, is that we have had no new investment or sponsorship for two or three years.

We're now making progress as a club, if that doesn't fit in with how you want it to be, hard luck...

As for atmosphere, let's wait until the actual season begins, and not make rash judgements based on a friendly game.......

#39 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

Unless I hear different, everyone is welcome at the club. If you choose to stay away as a protest, that's your choice. If you don't like how the club is run, then join the board, or use the forum, constructive criticism is always welcome.
What doesn't help is bleating on about how things were ten years ago, you can't go back in time.
Look around you, the club hasn't been more Hunslet for years. No D/R players on the pitch, and some great team spirit.
The reason why we have had to rely on help from another club, is that we have had no new investment or sponsorship for two or three years.
We're now making progress as a club, if that doesn't fit in with how you want it to be, hard luck...
As for atmosphere, let's wait until the actual season begins, and not make rash judgements based on a friendly game.......

Never been more HUNSLET!!!! HAHAHAHAHA the joker award 2014 goes to mystic meg

#40 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

Also how does never been more HUNSLET fit into our coach going on holiday for a few days with that lot over the river when he should be coaching OUR team..... He's being lined up to be their number 2 thats why

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users