Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Hunslet72

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Septic peg oh sorry mystic meg I would like to know how long h have been supporting hunslet. She seem to know a lot about the club ard you in the board? You do have a clue could you imagine Leeds untied duel Reging with Man untited I am sure they would love that.

#42 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:17 PM

Bloody predictive text. Try and make out what I was trying to say

#43 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

Bloody predictive text. Try and make out what I was trying to say

ha ha I think we all get the jist of what you are saying!

Edited by sgt pepper, 04 February 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#44 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

we are supposed to be a supporters run club if this is the case why are we not being listened to when we say we don't want to be involved with the rhinos...??????

Maybe because in a democracy that more people don't mind, than people who object LOUD and CLEAR

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#45 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Also how does never been more HUNSLET fit into our coach going on holiday for a few days with that lot over the river when he should be coaching OUR team..... He's being lined up to be their number 2 thats why

And if he goes......? Many were objecting to him being coach last season. Make your minds up!

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#46 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

And if he goes......? Many were objecting to him being coach last season. Make your minds up!

Who pays his wages????? Them over the river or hunslet??? He should coach the team who pay his wages. SIMPLES!!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#47 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Maybe because in a democracy that more people don't mind, than people who object LOUD and CLEAR

Yes the same people who used to sing anti leeds songs but now adore the club....Some fans at hunslet have seriously embarassed themselfs over the past couple of seasons. Its all about being honest and most on here have changed colour

#48 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

Who pays his wages????? Them over the river or hunslet??? He should coach the team who pay his wages. SIMPLES!!!!

yes serious question being asked! Who pays Eaton's wages?

#49 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

Yes the same people who used to sing anti leeds songs but now adore the club....Some fans at hunslet have seriously embarassed themselfs over the past couple of seasons. Its all about being honest and most on here have changed colour

indeed they have and it's not the ones putting up with been in partnership with leeds

#50 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

indeed they have and it's not the ones putting up with been in partnership with leeds

Are you sure about that?? People praise leeds on here then go on facebook and slag em off. Just be honest with yourself. Ive never had any time for them and won't praise them on here just to tow the line

#51 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Mr Eaton is Hunslet's coach and as far as I know spends as much time with the players as he did previously. Don't forget that our players are part time and are only down at the club  on certain days unlike the full time Leeds players who no doubt are at Headingley or wherever they train most days of the week. I think it's great that our coach has been given the opportunity to give input and himself learn from what is undoubtedly one of the best coaching set-ups in British Rugby League.

As for embarrassing ourselves, IMO there's nothing more embarrassing than being sat amongst 30 or 40 middle to old age men sat on the top deck singing about when they were little boys, who should they support and fetching their father's gun, now that is embarrassing, we haven't been competitive with Leeds for donkeys years and when we were we didn't feel the need to chant stupid, adapted football songs.

#52 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

Mr Eaton is Hunslet's coach and as far as I know spends as much time with the players as he did previously. Don't forget that our players are part time and are only down at the club on certain days unlike the full time Leeds players who no doubt are at Headingley or wherever they train most days of the week. I think it's great that our coach has been given the opportunity to give input and himself learn from what is undoubtedly one of the best coaching set-ups in British Rugby League.

As for embarrassing ourselves, IMO there's nothing more embarrassing than being sat amongst 30 or 40 middle to old age men sat on the top deck singing about when they were little boys, who should they support and fetching their father's gun, now that is embarrassing, we haven't been competitive with Leeds for donkeys years and when we were we didn't feel the need to chant stupid, adapted football songs.

Hahaha that answers my question perfectly. You'll be asking to change our kit to blue and amber next.

#53 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

Hahaha that answers my question perfectly. You'll be asking to change our kit to blue and amber next.

Why? because I believe it's a good idea when people are open to new ideas and furthering their career or because I think it's embarrassing and stupid for 30 or 40 men of an age when they really should have grown up and learned better than to sing a banal ditty that in todays game has no meaning or relevance. Blue and Amber, never , quite happy with Myrtle, Flame and White thank you very much.

Edited by Moose, 05 February 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#54 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

Mr Eaton is Hunslet's coach and as far as I know spends as much time with the players as he did previously. Don't forget that our players are part time and are only down at the club on certain days unlike the full time Leeds players who no doubt are at Headingley or wherever they train most days of the week. I think it's great that our coach has been given the opportunity to give input and himself learn from what is undoubtedly one of the best coaching set-ups in British Rugby League.

As for embarrassing ourselves, IMO there's nothing more embarrassing than being sat amongst 30 or 40 middle to old age men sat on the top deck singing about when they were little boys, who should they support and fetching their father's gun, now that is embarrassing, we haven't been competitive with Leeds for donkeys years and when we were we didn't feel the need to chant stupid, adapted football songs.

fair enough you find it embarrassing. I find it embarrassing that you think you are still supporting the club you always have done

#55 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

Why? because I believe it's a good idea when people are open to new ideas and furthering their career or because I think it's embarrassing and stupid for 30 or 40 men of an age when they really should have grown up and learned better than to sing a banal ditty that in todays game has no meaning or relevance. Blue and Amber, never , quite happy with Myrtle, Flame and White thank you very much.

No different to when the Leeds fans were singing about Sam Tomkins and James Graham then..........

#56 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

No different to when the Leeds fans were singing about Sam Tomkins and James Graham then..........

Even worse booing him whilst playing for england....how dare they. On another of your points I wonder if leeds utd would let mc dermott go on holiday with man utd the week before the most important season in years was about to start

#57 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

fair enough you find it embarrassing. I find it embarrassing that you think you are still supporting the club you always have done

No, the difference is I know and accept that the club I have supported all my life was on the verge of extinction with no new sponsors or sugar daddy waiting in the wings willing to bail us out. The club adapted and evolved, so have I.

#58 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Even worse booing him whilst playing for england....how dare they. On another of your points I wonder if leeds utd would let mc dermott go on holiday with man utd the week before the most important season in years was about to start

I don't know or care what LUFC may or may not allow their manager to do. After last weeks events at Elland Rd who does?

#59 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

Every club have a minority of moronic fans.

#60 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

No, the difference is I know and accept that the club I have supported all my life was on the verge of extinction with no new sponsors or sugar daddy waiting in the wings willing to bail us out. The club adapted and evolved, so have I.

adapted and evolved? Is that what they call in nowadays????????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users