Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Press

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

It's just The Press folks, Dewsbury or Batley don't come into it. The paper covers both towns and surrounding areas and gives equal and balanced views to both rugby clubs. I don't know Danny Lockwood personally nor the other lad concerned, but it would appear to me to be 6 and two 3's here, and should have been sorted at the scene with a shake and an apology, whichever way round that should have been. This seems a case of being an easy case to prosecute instead of the local constabulary actually going out and about and catching proper criminals, but I forgot, there's no point in that due to our left wing 'do good' judiciary, who are more handy with wrist-slapping that actually locking people up. Blimey though,this is supposed to be our rugby forum!! Leave it out lads!!

A pretty staggering post.

Posted Image

#22 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

You seem determined, as do others, to pass an opinion based on hearsay. You are entitled to sit in the visitors section of the court and hear all the evidence, you chose not to. You chose to pass a comment on something you know nothing about. This is your normal modus operandi and although it is acceptable to yourself it is not acceptable to most.

Once more Zuehb, your wisdom serves as a beacon to illuminate the paths of those of us who lack your vision and insight. I shall indeed try to follow your example and spend more time in the courts.

You will be familiar with the  quote of the  Prophet Muhammad - “Convey to other persons none of my words, except those ye know of a surety.” I shall endeavour to live by that edict in future.

#23 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

You will be familiar with the  quote of the  Prophet Muhammad - “Convey to other persons none of my words, except those ye know of a surety.” I shall endeavour to live by that edict in future.

Once more you only use words that suit your purpose. The quotation you use ends with the words "Verily he who represents my words wrongly shall find a place for himself in the fire" Rather silly of you.

گر اور ہمیشہ کے لئے ہو جائے گا سے زیادہ طاقتور

#24 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

As paul storey once said:
"House of pain? What a crock of ####"

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#25 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

I'm not sure that venturing into religious quotations is too wise.  As Shakespeare said "the devil can cite the scriptures for his purpose".  Words can be misrepresented when taken out of context - and all religions provide many examples of that.   

#26 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

I'm not sure that venturing into religious quotations is too wise.  As Shakespeare said "the devil can cite the scriptures for his purpose".  Words can be misrepresented when taken out of context - and all religions provide many examples of that.   

I agree whole-heartedly. Which was the point I made to to the poster. It is a shame some never admit they are at fault or face the truth.

گر اور ہمیشہ کے لئے ہو جائے گا سے زیادہ طاقتور

#27 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

I agree whole-heartedly. Which was the point I made to to the poster. It is a shame some never admit they are at fault or face the truth.

Once more you only use words that suit your purpose. The quotation you use ends with the words "Verily he who represents my words wrongly shall find a place for himself in the fire" Rather silly of you.

Isn't google a wonderful thing ? :tongue: Admit it, you're just an internectual like me.

#28 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Isn't google a wonderful thing ? :tongue: Admit it, you're just an internectual like me.

Why, you old cynic GOR!  The only reference I made to any quotation was the line from "The Merchant of Venice", which I had drummed into me, along with a lot of other "pseudo-intellectual" stuff whilst doing my 'O' levels more years ago than I am prepared to admit.  Funny how much I remember from those days, when I often couldn't tell you what I was doing the day before yesterday. 

#29 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Why, you old cynic GOR!  The only reference I made to any quotation was the line from "The Merchant of Venice", which I had drummed into me, along with a lot of other "pseudo-intellectual" stuff whilst doing my 'O' levels more years ago than I am prepared to admit.  Funny how much I remember from those days, when I often couldn't tell you what I was doing the day before yesterday. 

Not directed at you doggy - after all, you are not pretending to be Shakespeare's best mate. ;)

#30 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

You seem determined, as do others, to pass an opinion based on hearsay. You are entitled to sit in the visitors section of the court and hear all the evidence, you chose not to. You chose to pass a comment on something you know nothing about. This is your normal modus operandi and although it is acceptable to yourself it is not acceptable to most.

Lockwood v Ellis !

Hardly Kramer v Kramer.

Congratulations on concealing your "anti-lockwood" bias.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#31 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,030 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Don't you mean school certificates?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#32 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

Don't you mean school certificates?

Thanks a lot BSJ!   As I'm certain you know, School Cert was replaced by O and A levels in 1951.  To have entered under the earlier system you would have to be about 80 now.  I'm not too far off, but I'm not quite there yet, how about you?

#33 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,030 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

Thanks a lot BSJ!   As I'm certain you know, School Cert was replaced by O and A levels in 1951.  To have entered under the earlier system you would have to be about 80 now.  I'm not too far off, but I'm not quite there yet, how about you?

can't hear you, you'll have to speak up!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users