Spotland Pitch

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

Anyone know what condition the pitch is in after yesterday?

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#2 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

I thought it was ok given the circumstances. I'm just glad we played on it last this weekend? Wouldn't want to upset Keith Hill and co.

#3 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

I thought it was ok given the circumstances. I'm just glad we played on it last this weekend? Wouldn't want to upset Keith Hill and co.

I could not agree more. I am so glad that we played second or Mr Hill might have being using the pitch as his excuse for the defeat. Pitches all over the country, even in the Premier League are not up to their usual standard. The rain that we have had for months now is making it very difficult for the groundsman.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#4 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

I could not agree more. I am so glad that we played second or Mr Hill might have being using the pitch as his excuse for the defeat. Pitches all over the country, even in the Premier League are not up to their usual standard. The rain that we have had for months now is making it very difficult for the groundsman.

Talking of groundsmen the guy that was supposed to be forking the pitch at half time didn't look too happy. He was more concerned with making sure the 10 year olds didn't put a toe on the pitch than he was with doing what he's paid to do.

#5 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

I thought that he was one of the football clubs apprentices with his football club outfit on. He was not happy with the little kids being on his pitch. At a Rochdale home game last season there was a kids game at half time and arround 40 people on the pitch. Makes you think we are not loved. 

I will say though that the pitch at Spotland is in superb condition these days.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users