Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev V Hull 2/2/14

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 just1fev

just1fev
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

Quote from Hull Daily Mail

" Featherstone Rovers 54 Hull FC 6 hammered as pre-season ends on a low in Richard Whiting testimonial match"

Given our recent form in the pre season friendlies I think it was a good outcome for Cas that the game between us was cancelled

#2 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

I take it that you have not seen the Cas tigers score this aft then.

#3 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Do you really think that Bradford offer any sort of a challenge for any team?

Looks like SL is ready to implode, Wakefield were woeful, Hull were hopeless, Bradford are boll£&ks and god only knows what London are going to offer this season. The championship will be the competition to watch.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#4 just1fev

just1fev
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

How much can you read into Bradford at the moment? I Know fans that say they are still in meltdown and trying to recover.  Castleford appear to have carefully selected there games

#5 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

lingard I agree with you thoroughly the game is a joke. As the game stands at the moment, I cannot ever see myself attending a game again. I have nothing more to add to the sport and it reciprocates that also.
Although speaking with my heart I wish all the best to Featherstone Rovers and the true fans of the club. But I don't want to be part of the journey anymore.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 02 February 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#6 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

lingard I agree with you thoroughly the game is a joke. As the game stands at the moment, I cannot ever see myself attending a game again. I have nothing more to add to the sport and it reciprocates that also.
Although speaking with my heart I wish all the best to Featherstone Rovers and the true fans of the club. But I don't want to be part of the journey anymore.

it is a farce Andrew, but there is satisfaction to be had from rovers performances.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#7 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Flowing, expansive, inventive - Just some of the superlatives i could use today with our perfromance

We barely gave them a sniff in 80 mins , they took their 1 real opportunity in the first half, they'd still be trying to score now down the slope as i type

`Moore was superb again, he is looking the business at the minute - some superb kicking in play and another 40/20

The ex Hull players looked like they had points to prove and they all proved it, in fact all the squad today had a great game, plenty more players still to come in as well

We will pack Dewsbury out i can sense it

#8 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

I am suprised to see that no one from Hull has come up with an excuse for todays performance. Something special is happening to the rovers. I can't wait for the season to start!

#9 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

I would have paid the £10 gladlyjjust to watch the
pass to Crossley and that offpoad right on the line and 2"from the floor, wirh a magnificent pick up to score by ????.
Great skill at any level.
Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

#10 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

I am suprised to see that no one from Hull has come up with an excuse for todays performance. Something special is happening to the rovers. I can't wait for the season to start!

Some are on their Facebook page, saying they had a team of young lads playing out there today
Im Fev and im proud

#11 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

I would have paid the £10 gladlyjjust to watch the
pass to Crossley and that offpoad right on the line and 2"from the floor, wirh a magnificent pick up to score by ????.
Great skill at any level.

Was that the Jamie Cording Try, it was supreme
Im Fev and im proud

#12 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

Proud Rover tonight
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#13 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Some are on their Facebook page, saying they had a team of young lads playing out there today

There were 3 Hull journalists in the press box with me and they said the back division, apart from one, were virtually all first teamers at the start, and in the pack they were missing their regular front row plus Gareth Ellis, all the rest of the initial 17 were regular squad members, apart from the fact they had no recognised hooker. Most of the young lads only came on when the game was dead and buried.

The Hull journos were very impressed with Rovers.

#14 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

doing the same on RL fans.......saying they had 10 first teamers out !!!

#15 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

I have been watching Fev since 1939. Today some of the rugby was the best I have seen in all that time. Bastian must be the difference. The moves the defence the attitude all was superlative. I am sorry I will miss the Halfax game due to circumstances. What a team.

#16 Selby Lad

Selby Lad
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

Best since 1939???, shame on you, you have no respect for the true magnificent performances from many Rovers teams, no wonder this forum has turned into a joke

#17 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

Best since 1939???, shame on you, you have no respect for the true magnificent performances from many Rovers teams, no wonder this forum has turned into a joke

How to make friends and influence people with your first post!!!
Unless you've returned in another guise??

On the other hand I do agree about other magnificent performances

Edited by Maureen T-k, 03 February 2014 - 08:47 AM.

Im Fev and im proud

#18 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

I have been watching Fev since 1939. Today some of the rugby was the best I have seen in all that time.

Whether you think those comments are a bit over the top or not, can anyone imagine ten or even five years ago that somebody would be saying or thinking that about Featherstone in 2014? I'll be honest, for a long time I thought that Fev would never have get near SL again, but happy days are here again.

#19 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

I said some of the rugby. I have seen other great performances but some of the inventiveness of this particular match was superb. I don't expect everyone to agree. However during the period I mentioned we had some terrible lows. I haven't said 'Whow' for a long time I did on Sunday.

#20 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

What impresses me most is the "steel" that Rovers seem to have acquired, without losing any of the skills from previous seasons. The defence is awesome and I can't envisage them allowing sides to lift themselves off the floor in big knock-out games, which seemed to be our nemesis in the past.