Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev V Hull 2/2/14

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

How to make friends and influence people with your first post!!!
Unless you've returned in another guise??

On the other hand I do agree about other magnificent performances

i can assure you it isnt me

#22 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#23 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Well I can cross you off my list now then :-)
Im Fev and im proud

#24 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

Would never call myself Selby lad because im not im a Goolie

#25 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:31 AM

I've heard you called worse!!
Im Fev and im proud

#26 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

you can say that again

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#27 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

They do seem to have acquired some real mongrel to compliment the amazing football they're playing. I've always said you can't read too much into friendlies but I must say I'm pretty excited about our prospects this season. Fitness levels and sheer strength throughout the team is probably the best I've seen outside of the top half of SL. Looking good.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#28 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

They do seem to have acquired some real mongrel to compliment the amazing football they're playing. I've always said you can't read too much into friendlies but I must say I'm pretty excited about our prospects this season. Fitness levels and sheer strength throughout the team is probably the best I've seen outside of the top half of SL. Looking good.

I'm excited too Terry! Granted Rovers have been arguably the best and definitely the most consistent team in the Championship over the last 4 years, and eyebrows were raised after certain players were either released or allowed to leave, and there are concerns that other fans' favourites may not be the automatic choices they were in previous seasons. BUT we have to concede that they have under performed in terms of trophy success in that 4 year period, even though they may have been unlucky at times. They have let very healthy leads slip on several occasions, and on studying the videos one or two defensive weaknesses out on the fringes seem to have been the main cause. It seems that John Bastian has recognised this and done something about it. I know its early days but the defence seems as solid as a rock without losing the attacking flair. I can't see anything to suggest that winning leads will be surrendered in future, and anyone that can't defend won't get in! 

#29 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

There just seems to be a completely different attitude from the team. Most of the new incoming players have really made an impact and it appears that Bastion has identified many little areas where we needed to improve, and has also identified the players that can do that. We are still playing fantastic with a makeshift half back in Bussey, and with Briggs and Kain to still come back you would assume that this will offer further firepower to what we already have. The pack are just awesome at the minute and playing with the extra prop in at loose is paying dividends. Cant wait for a dry track as well !! Roll on a week on Sunday

#30 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

The Hull Fc testimonial match was an eye opener. I said to my mate that watching fev was like watching a Superleague team nearing its peak performance. I believe we could see some absolute towelings this year by the Fev. I cannot wait that is why I have all pre-season friendlies sat right next to me.

Next on check list, away shirt.

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 06 February 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#31 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

Just 4 pre season games together and they show us a performance like Sundays.

It was an absolute pleasure to watch them play.

Just wait until they actually form a real understanding.!!

Gareth Moore was going to be an absolute waste of space according to the Batley fans but so far the lad has been brilliant. ..he opened up the Hull defence and can actually kick 40 -20s
..good luck to him.

Great team performance. . Well done guys

Edited by Andy Stennett, 06 February 2014 - 09:01 PM.

Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

#32 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

Has anybody got the dvd? Is the camera really poor quality or is it just me? It would be nice to actually be able to make a player out by his face. Pixelated to hell!

#33 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

Oo-er! Reading the above does make me wonder how we will perform against you next Sunday in the opener. I thought Dews had played well in our friendlies, but it looks like we will have to shift up a couple go gears to shake Fev at all.

I cannot wait.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#34 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

Oo-er! Reading the above does make me wonder how we will perform against you next Sunday in the opener. I thought Dews had played well in our friendlies, but it looks like we will have to shift up a couple go gears to shake Fev at all.

I cannot wait.

Due to various problems I cannot make it to Dewsbury. But will you give Brian my kin dest regards. Everybody at your place knows Brian . Walks with a stick and is an avid supporter.Hope to see him sometime on Anderson's trips. Colin

#35 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

Moore undoubtedly has the skill. Its his dedication and enthusiasm that becomes suspect when on the back foot

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users