Specsavers Sponsor SL?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

Looking at some photos of the SL launch on Twitter and the Specsavers logo features alongside the other partners, looks like these guys may be the last partner to be announced? I assume as ref sponsors like they were in RLWC?

On the point of sponsors, I wonder why we have not had more RLWC sponsors wanting to stay involved in Rugby League.

#2 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,022 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

I wonder why we have not had more RLWC sponsors wanting to stay involved in Rugby League.

Because international matches generate far more publicity in far more places than club games.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#3 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,671 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

Because international matches generate far more publicity in far more places than club games.

Probably not the only reason, but a good one certainly.

The question, I suppose, is for folks on here who do this sort of 'sponsoring' work. Would a company throw itself straight in with the next deal, or spend some time doing some analysis on the outcomes from their World Cup first?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#4 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

I noticed this on a couple of the shots featured on twitter. Another great sponsor to have on board.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Yes, as I'm sure you're aware my question was a rhetorical one.

It would have been nice to have had some form of International RL for them to stay involved with wouldn't it?

I suspect we will retain none of them for the 4N.

#6 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,022 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Yes, as I'm sure you're aware my question was a rhetorical one.

It would have been nice to have had some form of International RL for them to stay involved with wouldn't it?

I suspect we will retain none of them for the 4N.

Balls.  Apologies.  I did miss the way your mind was working.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users