RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for Rochdale

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

What are people's thoughts I myself would like to see Aston Wilson get a full game at Centre Marchy if fit needs a run out and Hood be a good test see where we are
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#2 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

I would like to see Zak hard acre have run out at full back with little Robbie burrow at scrum half he could cause a few problems. If if there is any space for Sir kev let him have run . I am only joking LOL. :-)

• sgt pepper likes this

#3 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

What are people's thoughts I myself would like to see Aston Wilson get a full game at Centre Marchy if fit needs a run out and Hood be a good test see where we are

I like Aston as a player, used to watch him the academy and he is a big unit. However I am not sure where we can put him without an injury.

With Watson moved to centre (which is controversial) and a brilliant FB and Maun taking
the other side, where does he go?

Watson is a slighter build but apart from the first try right in the corner at Wakey nothing got past him and Maples at all. They rapped Lauttiti up all the time. As apposed to Mauns side where Brisco who is a poor player in my opinion got a brace for starters.

Maybe Aston will have to wait or he may get a run at Rochdale on Sunday?

#4 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

I like Aston as a player, used to watch him the academy and he is a big unit. However I am not sure where we can put him without an injury.

With Watson moved to centre (which is controversial) and a brilliant FB and Maun taking
the other side, where does he go?

Watson is a slighter build but apart from the first try right in the corner at Wakey nothing got past him and Maples at all. They rapped Lauttiti up all the time. As apposed to Mauns side where Brisco who is a poor player in my opinion got a brace for starters.

Maybe Aston will have to wait or he may get a run at Rochdale on Sunday?

If you can't see that Wilson is our BEST centre, maybe you need an opticians.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#5 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

Watson needs to be at full back for me combined well with Liam Hood last season will get a ton of tries if Hood can do what he did last season Harsh on Kain but feel Watson is more of a attacking threat

#6 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

Watson needs to be at full back for me combined well with Liam Hood last season will get a ton of tries if Hood can do what he did last season Harsh on Kain but feel Watson is more of a attacking threat

Better going forward than kainey but cost a load of tries through his defence not being great. Not a bad problem to have tho

Edited by maccca-6-, 05 February 2014 - 11:05 AM.

hunslet hawks champions 2010

#7 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

If you can't see that Wilson is our BEST centre, maybe you need an opticians.

Might see him action then with Kain and Maples out

#8 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

If Aaston works hard in training and thinks to himself this centre spot is up for grabs then personally he has all the attributes to do so he just needs to show his coach he wants it and put the hard work in
chappy

#9 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

Be good to see if Matthew Cook plays too believe he is a centre as well definitely all the guys who haven't played so far need to play if fit

#10 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 483 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Add Andy Ballard to the equasion.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users