Get in there, Marwan!

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#1 absentee thoughtlord

absentee thoughtlord
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

The best thing to happen to RL for a decade, this bloke (although the suits at RFL HQ might beg to differ). You've just got to hope Salford gatecrash the top 4 now!

http://www.theguardi...salford-rfl-sky

#2 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

Stay classy Marwan.

"I voted against it, because I didn't think it is the right one. You don't marry the first girl you meet. You go out with them, you sleep with them, you try them, but don't commit to the long-term relationship until you're sure there's no one else better."

#3 absentee thoughtlord

absentee thoughtlord
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Stay classy Marwan.

"I voted against it, because I didn't think it is the right one. You don't marry the first girl you meet. You go out with them, you sleep with them, you try them, but don't commit to the long-term relationship until you're sure there's no one else better."

Better than the vapid corporate-speak that's currently the lingua franca of the game's governors.

#4 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

Better than the vapid corporate-speak that's currently the lingua franca of the game's governors.

True, he is, at least, funny but I'm not sure his wife would find that particularly amusing.

#5 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 451 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

I think he's magic. I don't always agree with him but I love the way he says it. We need more like him in this sport. Plus he just referred to RU as "bloody Union".He'll do me!

#6 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

True, he is, at least, funny but I'm not sure his wife would find that particularly amusing.

Depends on her outlook and cultural background?! :)

Edited by GeordieSaint, 04 February 2014 - 05:42 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#7 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

He will be first to walk and roll up another bradford bulls

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#8 absentee thoughtlord

absentee thoughtlord
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

Assumption.

Assumption.

#9 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 451 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

yes, that massively succesful & financially secure Salford he took over.He should never have been allowed to buy them just in case they end up skint

#10 Lionheart_merged

Lionheart_merged
  • Coach
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

He's telling it like it is.  We remain poor relations and the Sky deal cements our position for years to come.

#11 Lionheart_merged

Lionheart_merged
  • Coach
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

Have to agree with Marwan..  The Sky deal cements our position as a poor relation to union for years to come.

#12 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

Have to agree with Marwan.. The Sky deal cements our position as a poor relation to union for years to come.

Considering the sky deal is far more then the English Premiership get from BT I'm not sure how you work that out. They've also had to throw the right for European games in too.

#13 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

Considering the sky deal is far more then the English Premiership get from BT I'm not sure how you work that out. They've also had to throw the right for European games in too.

And it turns out the European games weren't really their's to sell

#14 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,171 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

The difference ultimately is that the union game is enriched by higher sponsorship and more money flowing down from the international game.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#15 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

Depends on her outlook and cultural background?! :)

Let's hope she did otherwise Marwan might have to do a bit of grovelling.

#16 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

The good Doctor shows us even more evidence of his Marketing genius.

#17 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

Just getting bored of his rants. Like someone else said let's judge him after a few months on the performance of Salford

#18 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

I love Marwen - hope he has a brother

#19 Oxford

Oxford
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

I was just coming on here to say at last some people see the point and then I saw this-

"Just getting bored of his rants. Like someone else said let's judge him after a few months on the performance of Salford"

Have no intention to pick on the individual who wrote it but Marwan Koukash is saying the same things that the majority on this site have been moaning about forever and ever! Now he also said to the RFL don't agree but we won't divorce and he's making it clear that for the sport to reach its "deserved" place something has to give. But it is also true to say that he will not be measured on the teams performances that's the downfall of coaches and players!

I for one prefer it when the chairmen are the spokesmen and public face of a club because its about not just accepting something awful because it's the way we've always done it! He's not right about everything just most of them and he's making a sport that needed it very badly to look at itself in the mirror and make suer they like what they see! " Just getting bored of the people who love the status quo because it gives'em a chance to moan." :superstition: 

#20 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

That is the best interview I've seen in a long long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users