Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Get in there, Marwan!

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#41 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

That is a very good article...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#42 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

Koukash on the TV deal: The RFL should have taken a gamble.

Koukash on the league structure: The RFL should not have taken a gamble.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#43 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:01 AM

Koukash on the TV deal: The RFL should have taken a gamble.

Koukash on the league structure: The RFL should not have taken a gamble.

He speaks his mind!  It's brilliant!  Something about shaking things up!

Give him the biggest job in the game. NOW.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#44 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

That is a very good article...

It is. 

#45 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

The problem with Marvans analogy is that you have to assume you are the best looking bloke in town. He isn't and neither is RL.

#46 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

He speaks his mind!  It's brilliant!  Something about shaking things up!

Give him the biggest job in the game. NOW.

Why because his ego is as big as his wallet?

When people are so easy with the blame, they aren't so easy taking responsibility.

#47 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

Why because his ego is as big as his wallet?

When people are so easy with the blame, they aren't so easy taking responsibility.

I should have put <sarcasm> either side of that shouldn't I?

- Severus, July 2012

#48 iangidds

iangidds
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

Well done Marwan, we should not accept the managed decline of our game for decades its been losing ground to other sports. Our game needs big players on and off the pitch otherwise you will just end up with a load of also rans in every department of the game.
To me it has always been a scandal that the RFL adminastraters get paid more than the stars of our game!!! They cement their positions on huge salarys whilst the game just about survives.
KEEP TELLING THEM MARWAN ITS THE ONLY WAY TO PUSH OUR GAME FORWARD!!!

#49 iangidds

iangidds
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

The problem with Marvans analogy is that you have to assume you are the best looking bloke in town. He isn't and neither is RL.

Ive seen many an ugly man with a stunning woman though

#50 Heritage XIII

Heritage XIII
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

He made the papers for SL :)

BfsjjqWIIAA9twZ.jpg

#51 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

I should have put <sarcasm> either side of that shouldn't I?

I'll get you one day. Is that a whoosh?

#52 iangidds

iangidds
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

[quote name="Heritage XIII" post="2875196" timestamp="1391590568"]He made the papers for SL :)

BfsjjqWIIAA9twZ.jpg[/quote. Bravo Marwan!!! This guy can fight and the game needs people who will stand up and not settle for the Status Quo

#53 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Ive seen many an ugly man with a stunning woman though

That would be RU not RL.

#54 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:09 AM

I'll get you one day. Is that a whoosh?

On this occasion.

- Severus, July 2012

#55 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

absolutely love him, he is shaking up the game with his straight talking views on the current state of affairs, it's about time someone challenged fat nige and the boy blunder..........

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#56 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

absolutely love him, he is shaking up the game with his straight talking views on the current state of affairs, it's about time someone challenged fat nige and the boy blunder..........

Can I just ask, in all seriousness, what is he shaking up?

He voted against 3x8 but we have it.  He's not happy about the TV deal but it's fixed until 2021.  He'd like an exemption from the salary cap for Salford he's not getting one.  He'd like SL to have more control over the RFL but that doesn't seem to be happening either.

There's a lot to be pleased about with regards to Salford - although the proof will be on and off the field over the next eight months - but, really, this great liberator of the game has done naff all elsewhere other than shout so far.

- Severus, July 2012

#57 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

Can I just ask, in all seriousness, what is he shaking up?

He voted against 3x8 but we have it.  He's not happy about the TV deal but it's fixed until 2021.  He'd like an exemption from the salary cap for Salford he's not getting one.  He'd like SL to have more control over the RFL but that doesn't seem to be happening either.

There's a lot to be pleased about with regards to Salford - although the proof will be on and off the field over the next eight months - but, really, this great liberator of the game has done naff all elsewhere other than shout so far.

Yes, but he's in there doing the shouting rather than meekishly accepting the status quo, and in doing so he's started a conversation throughout the RL world.

It's better to light a single candle than to sit and curse the darkness.

#58 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

Yes, but he's in there doing the shouting rather than meekishly accepting the status quo, and in doing so he's started a conversation throughout the RL world.

But, to push the metaphor to breaking point, he literally is just cursing the darkness as he's lit nothing.

- Severus, July 2012

#59 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

But, to push the metaphor to breaking point, he literally is just cursing the darkness as he's lit nothing.

lit up my hope that he can help drag this sport into this century... move it on from from the slow decline, inward looking, we have a great game and that should be enough brigade,,, 

If it helps make people think, consider and talk about how to move the sport on then whilst I may not agree always with his view he ain't prepared to just sit and be involved in a declining trend but would rather try and jostle the decision makers to be more ambitious. 

#60 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,162 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

And while he's doing this others are off building their fan base, promoting the game, training players, building facilities etc and generally strengthening their club.

If he leaves now, are Salford a better club than before he joined? Happy to give him some space on this one as it's early to judge him, but that is how he should be judged.

I'm still not sure what he is actually complaining about.

You don't get sponsors by just standing there shouting! In fact, I'd say standing there shouting complaining about most aspects of the game will have the opposite effect. Sponsors are generally not that bothered about the quality of the sport, but they aren;t drawn to claims that the governing body are dire and the game can't sell itself.

I know people don't like spin, but that's exactly what press releases are. Koukash should be shaking things up in board meetings, not in the newspaper feeding the frothy mouthed RFL haters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users