Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Oldest thing in regular use

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

I have a Glass flower vase that dates back to the 1920's, although I don't use it very often as we don't have flowers in it most of the time

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#22 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

I'm regularly used. I'm 47.

LUNEW.jpg

#23 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Although I have just been told I have tee-shirts older than my 20-year-old step-daughter

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#24 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,647 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

I have a scrapbook from the 1970's that is full of blank pages and is ready to be used at any time.

Unfortunately, I labelled the front cover "Hull FC 's greatest moments at Wembley" so I can't imagine it being used real soon:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#25 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,962 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

Odsal.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#26 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

I still have my Rochdale Hornets scarf and 'bobble hat' from the mid 70s - the scarf got an outing at last year's final and regularly flaps from my car window on the way to away games.

Other than that I have a Garcia Mitchell 204 reel and a fishing brolly that I got when I passed my English O-Level in 1980 - both still in use.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#27 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

I still have my Rochdale Hornets scarf and 'bobble hat' from the mid 70s - the scarf got an outing at last year's final and regularly flaps from my car window on the way to away games.

Other than that I have a Garcia Mitchell 204 reel and a fishing brolly that I got when I passed my English O-Level in 1980 - both still in use.

Back in the 70s my mam knitted me a Hull scarf, a proper black and white irregular one. It got nicked when I was a student in Turin.

Some ###### of a Juventus fan is probably still wearing it.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#28 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

Back in the 70s my mam knitted me a Hull scarf, a proper black and white irregular one. It got nicked when I was a student in Turin.

Some ###### of a Juventus fan is probably still wearing it.

My 70's scarf and hat are both 'replacements' after me and my dad got jumped outside Hilton Park after a night match and I got my hat and scarf stolen - I was about 10 at the time. I still bear an absolute loathing for Leigh because of that.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#29 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

My 70's scarf and hat are both 'replacements' after me and my dad got jumped outside Hilton Park after a night match and I got my hat and scarf stolen - I was about 10 at the time. I still bear an absolute loathing for Leigh because of that.

I think there must have been a spate of unsolved bobble hat thefts around that time. When I was about the same age on a visit to Castleford some scumbag swiped mine as they ran past down Wheldon Road.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users