TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Oldest thing in regular use

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

I have a Glass flower vase that dates back to the 1920's, although I don't use it very often as we don't have flowers in it most of the time

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#22 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

I'm regularly used. I'm 47.

LUNEW.jpg

#23 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Although I have just been told I have tee-shirts older than my 20-year-old step-daughter

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#24 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,122 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

I have a scrapbook from the 1970's that is full of blank pages and is ready to be used at any time.

Unfortunately, I labelled the front cover "Hull FC 's greatest moments at Wembley" so I can't imagine it being used real soon:

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#25 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

Odsal.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#26 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

I still have my Rochdale Hornets scarf and 'bobble hat' from the mid 70s - the scarf got an outing at last year's final and regularly flaps from my car window on the way to away games.

Other than that I have a Garcia Mitchell 204 reel and a fishing brolly that I got when I passed my English O-Level in 1980 - both still in use.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#27 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

I still have my Rochdale Hornets scarf and 'bobble hat' from the mid 70s - the scarf got an outing at last year's final and regularly flaps from my car window on the way to away games.

Other than that I have a Garcia Mitchell 204 reel and a fishing brolly that I got when I passed my English O-Level in 1980 - both still in use.

Back in the 70s my mam knitted me a Hull scarf, a proper black and white irregular one. It got nicked when I was a student in Turin.

Some ###### of a Juventus fan is probably still wearing it.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#28 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

Back in the 70s my mam knitted me a Hull scarf, a proper black and white irregular one. It got nicked when I was a student in Turin.

Some ###### of a Juventus fan is probably still wearing it.

My 70's scarf and hat are both 'replacements' after me and my dad got jumped outside Hilton Park after a night match and I got my hat and scarf stolen - I was about 10 at the time. I still bear an absolute loathing for Leigh because of that.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#29 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

My 70's scarf and hat are both 'replacements' after me and my dad got jumped outside Hilton Park after a night match and I got my hat and scarf stolen - I was about 10 at the time. I still bear an absolute loathing for Leigh because of that.

I think there must have been a spate of unsolved bobble hat thefts around that time. When I was about the same age on a visit to Castleford some scumbag swiped mine as they ran past down Wheldon Road.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users