RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Be a part of the League Express Super League season preview!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Monday's League Express will feature a club-by-club preview of the new Super League season, and we'd like you to be be a part of it.

We'll include a few of the best responses from supporters to the following set of questions in the previews for each club, so if you'd like to be in with a chance of being involved, just add your answers to the following questions here on the forum.

You can add your real name if you wish, but it isn't a requirement, your forum username is fine.

To keep things simple, copy and paste the questions below into your reply, add your answer underneath the question and keep your responses to a single sentence for each answer.

Please only answer the questions asked, and avoid responding to anyone else's answers for now, to prevent this thread going off topic!

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Club Supported:

What’s your biggest hope for the 2014 season?

Any fears?

What improvements on last season does your club need to make?

Which game are you most looking forward to?

Which player (at your club or elsewhere) are you most looking forward to seeing in action?

Which club will win the Super League title?

Which clubs will be relegated?

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

Club Supported:

The mighty Bradford Bulls.

No more financial dramas and a well deserved play-off spot just to annoy Garry Schofield.

Any fears?

Heights. Same old lies from the Boardroom.

Defending, too many missed tackles, especially against a wide running second row; Hock, Ta'ai, Farrell, Manu, etc.

The first one, Castleford. Especially as we were dicked in the friendly by the Tigers.

Which player (at your club or elsewhere) are you most looking forward to seeing in action?

Dale Ferguson.

Warrington; it's their year, again.

London Broncos and Wakefield Trinity Wildcats.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,253 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

Club Supported:

The Mighty Bulls

The Playoffs, even after a points reduction.

Any fears?

We don't know that the current board members are any more upright than the previous ones.

We need to spread the message that rugby can be played, and watched, for enjoyment. Cummins needs to lighten up and play a more adventurous brand of rugby. We might get more people turning up.

Leeds. Though Widnes, Hull KR and Cas may prove of more importance.

Jarrod Sammut for us. Elsewhere, Jonny Lomax.

Wigan, their squad depth is incredible.

London, Wakefield. Very sad for both.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#4 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,563 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Club Supported: Wigan

What’s your biggest hope for the 2014 season?: Seeing the young homegrown stars continue to grow and succeed.

Any fears?: That the loss of such influential players will make this a bit of a rebuilding season (which is exactly what I said this time last year!).

What improvements on last season does your club need to make? Maintaining a fully-fit pack all season.

Which game are you most looking forward to? The World Club Challenge.

Which player (at your club or elsewhere) are you most looking forward to seeing in action? Matt Bowen (own club), Jamie Shaul or Mose Masoe (elsewhere).

Which club will win the Super League title? Warrington.

Which clubs will be relegated? London, sadly (although I'd LOVE Garry Schofield to be disappointed again), and one other, I'm not sure which.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

Club Supported:

The Mighty Saints

My biggest hope would be to see Saints win the Grand Final, a feat I have yet to witness in the flesh!

Any fears?

A repeat of the 2013 season throughout which Saints were mostly dire.

Massive improvement needed in discipline and attitude.

Home against Warrington - we need to start beating them at home again!

Luke Walsh at Saints and Morgan Escare at the Dragons if he gets the chance.

Not a clue but I hope it's the Saints!

Wakefield and Bradford

Edited by Saintslass, 05 February 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#6 Rioman

Rioman
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

Club Supported:

Wakefield Trinity

We make the top eight against the odds.

Any fears?

Relegation

Defence out wide

All of them 

Pita Godinet

Warrington

London and Widnes

#7 Mrphilb85

Mrphilb85
  • Facebook
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

Club Supported: Hull Kingston Rovers

What’s your biggest hope for the 2014 season? Improve both on and off the field as we head back towards promotion and relegation

Any fears?
How the team reacts to the loss of Michael Dobson

On the field out defensive performances left a lot to be desired at times, thankfully we appear to have recruited players that will allow us to combat this frailty. Off the field with new resources ploughed into all departments hopefully the marketing team with the aid of out new stand can get crowds up

The Leeds game as we welcome our new signings and the opening of our new 8 million pound North Stand

At my own club I'm most looking forward to seeing how Kris Keating settles into the unenviable task of replacing Michael Dobson

Elsewhere Matty Bowen has always been a favourite of mine and as above looking forward to seeing how he replaces the lynch pin of his team from previous years

St Helens

London
Bradford

#8 MamaKangaroo

MamaKangaroo
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

Club Supported:

Widnes Vikings

For the young players from our academy (Craven, Gerrard, Lawton, Owens etc) to really shine and make others take notice!

Any fears?

Relegation

More consistent goal kicking, and to learn to close out the oppo and win the close games

Hull at home, absolutely no idea why! Im also hoping for an away trip to Batley in the Cup

Mose Masoe

Wigan

London and 1 other - to close to call!

#9 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

Club Supported:
Salford Red Devils

To be competitive for the first time in years. A playoff spot would be nice and a good cup run too if I'm being greedy.

Any fears?

If it all goes pear-shaped, possible relegation meaning will Doctor K still be interested in 12 months time.

I think the most important changes have already happened behind the scenes. We seem to have a proper set up thanks to all the investment and we even have a media profile these days. All we need now is the matters on the pitch to improve (a lot).

Saints is the second home game in. Should be a good measuring stick for who far we've progressed. Not looked much beyond that game at the moment.

Jake Mullaney for Salford. Thought he was terrible when I first saw him play for Parramatta last year but he came on leaps and bounds after an extended run in the team with Jarryd Hayne being injured. Hopefully that improvement will continue. Plus I'd like to see the two recruits from Batley, Johnson & Walton get some game time. Always nice to see Championship players make the step up.

Matt Bowen for the rest of league. As exciting a player as I've ever watched down under. Hopefully he still has a bit left in the tank and his knees hold up while he's here. 

Saints although I'm sure Wigan/Leeds will be there or thereabouts.

London, Wakefield, maybe Bradford. It'd be a shame to see any of them go but at least they get a chance to bounce back the following year under the new format.

#10 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,392 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Club Supported:
Wire
To see my team wipe the smile off Shaun Wane's face at the business end of the season.
Any fears?
That the failure to give Garreth Carvell another year or two was a mistake, given the loss of Morley.
Finding a plan B when the momentum shifts against us. In many games we have been too good for a lot of teams, but when opponents get a foothold on the game we have lacked a bit of composure and struggled to get back on top.
Game one, versus St. Helens. Always a terrific match-up and we'll all be drawing our various conclusions on what it means for the rest of the year.
Stefan Ratchford has the ability to make Lee Briers' position his own; it will be exciting to see how he responds to that challenge though. From another club, Mose Masoe was superb in the World Cup and could be a wrecking ball in Super League.
Head says Leeds have the most strikepower, but I think Warrington have the ability to take them in a big game given the right conditions.

London and Widnes.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#11 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Club Supported:
WIGAN
A CLOSE FOUGHT LEAGUE
Any fears?
NO NOT SINCE THE NEW DEAL
MORE PROMOTION
AGAINST WARRINGTON
RYAN HAMPSHIRE
LEEDS

LONDON AND CASTLEFORD

I look around
I search the skies
I shade my eyes
So nearly blind
And I see signs of half remembered days
I hear bells that chime in strange familiar ways
I recognise...
The hope you kindle in your eyes

0 user(s) are reading this topic