Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Steve Prescott Cup

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,875 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Rumours confirmed: "St Helens and Hull FC will play for the inaugural Steve Prescott Cup this year in tribute to the late full-back.

The Cup, to be held annually, will be given to the highest aggregate scoring team from the two games between the sides in the regular season."

LINK TO ARTICLE

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

Rumours confirmed: "St Helens and Hull FC will play for the inaugural Steve Prescott Cup this year in tribute to the late full-back.

The Cup, to be held annually, will be given to the highest aggregate scoring team from the two games between the sides in the regular season."

LINK TO ARTICLE

Saints will have to get a trophy cabinet built for a new permanent trophy!

#3 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,610 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

If the Steve Prescott Cup had been around since 2000, Hull would have held it in 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2010 and 2012.

I wouldn't reserve a spot just yet...
Posted Image

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,682 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

Hardly a thread for arrogance is it?

Won't be able to attend the Saints away game but I'd love to be there. Apparently Steve's two sons, Taylor and Koby will be leading the teams out, one of them supports Hull as he was born there, the other will be supporting Saints so they will be leading their respective faves out.

Steve's brother Neil will present the match ball before the start of the game.

Promises to be a wonderful evening.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#5 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

maybe saints and hull should be paired at magic weekends for it and play it as a one of game . Could be last game of the round giving them chance to parade round with trophy

Chief Crazy Eagle

#6 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

This is a good idea and I'm glad the clubs have decided upon it.  It will be nice too to see Koby and Taylor lead out the teams as well as Neil present the match ball.  There will be quite a reception I should think.  With earlier the official renaming ceremony happening at the bridge then the whole evening should be a really good memorial to a much admired and missed Sintellins lad.

#7 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Hardly a thread for arrogance is it?

Won't be able to attend the Saints away game but I'd love to be there. Apparently Steve's two sons, Taylor and Koby will be leading the teams out, one of them supports Hull as he was born there, the other will be supporting Saints so they will be leading their respective faves out.

Steve's brother Neil will present the match ball before the start of the game.

Promises to be a wonderful evening.

It really does.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#8 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,953 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

Good one, I have been saying for years that Wigan and Warrington should play for the Mike Gregory Trophy once a year.

I would have it that first year it is done on an aggregate of the two games to decide the holder. The contest for the trophy from each year on is that the holders are challenged for it in their home game against the opposition.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#9 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 758 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

Great tribute same happens with the roy powell trophy between batley and dewsbury!

#10 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,610 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

Good one, I have been saying for years that Wigan and Warrington should play for the Mike Gregory Trophy once a year.

I would have it that first year it is done on an aggregate of the two games to decide the holder. The contest for the trophy from each year on is that the holders are challenged for it in their home game against the opposition.

I'd have it as every meeting personally.

I think the Mike Gregory Trophy is also a great idea.

Is the Clive Sullivan Memorial Trophy still played for in the Hull derby? I've not heard it mentioned in a while. We used to have a Roy Waudby Memorial Trophy as well first home game of the season but that's quietened off now as well.

I like these trophies personally.
Posted Image

#11 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,953 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

I'd have it as every meeting personally.

I think the Mike Gregory Trophy is also a great idea.

Is the Clive Sullivan Memorial Trophy still played for in the Hull derby? I've not heard it mentioned in a while. We used to have a Roy Waudby Memorial Trophy as well first home game of the season but that's quietened off now as well.

I like these trophies personally.

My preference is that it isn't every meeting, there is more marketing in once a season than to god knows how many under the new structure.

Once a season and big it up.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users